My 8 week journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

So enough is enough, after being told by the doctor that my blood sugar levels are dangerously high I think it’s time I do something about it…so here I am starting 8 weeks of BSD…

Starting Weight 184lbs
    Goal Weight 161lbs

Day 1 food diary:

Breakfast: yoghurt with toasted almond flakes
    Lunch: chicken and lentil soup
    Dinner: BSD fish pie recipe

Not been too hungry for day 1 surprisingly…off to start day 1 at the gym…here goes…

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi rachelBSD, Welcome aboard, I am in week 13 now and stopped counting in week 12 when I got to Normal BMI with nearly 40 pounds lost. You will change so many things after a few weeks – for the better of course…

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Thanks SkyWalker that’s amazing results, congratulations! Thanks for the positivity

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

So yesterday I got hungry and had some nuts which took my calories over the limit and up to 1000 but not beating myself up about it as I went to the gym πŸ™‚

Day 2 Food Diary:

Breakfast: scrambled egg with spinach
    Lunch: Fish Pie (leftovers from yesterdays dinner, wasn’t a fan of this recipe but I cant waste it)
    Dinner: Courgetti Bolognese (one of my favourite meals at the moment)

Slightly over again with the calories (929 according to the counter) but I’ll even it out later in the week

Lets see how Day 2 goes πŸ™‚

• posted by Dolly
    on

Hi have just found this site – all makes sense to me and feel can really do this – going to get book todayπŸ˜€

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Hi Rachel, I really don’t think the slightly over 800 calories will matter, as the real focus is on cutting down (or out) the high level of carbs (sugars) in our routines. I’ve been on this diet almost 3 weeks now and have lost weight, found more energy, and am already off my medication for both type 2 and high bp. Stick with what you’re doing and I’m sure you will be fine.

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Yes definitely order, I’m only on day 2 but I’ve been reading such great reviews. So much better than all the crazy diets I’ve tried before as its more of a healthy lifestyle πŸ™‚

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Thank you @feltwicked, well done for getting to week 3 and for the amazing results!

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Today is day 3…still haven’t managed to have a day below 800 but have stuck below 1000 which is better than nothing and like someone previously mentioned the cut in carbs should have a good impact.

I have being tempted by the biscuit tin at work all week and was very close to giving in, I even had a good look at which one I would eat haha but just reminded myself that those biscuits helped get me in this mess in the first place!

I brought in some snacks today in case of emergency cravings as at least it would be better than those biscuits.

Day 3:

Breakfast: Raspberry Yoghurt from ‘the collective’ range (was running late this morning so bought this on my way to work)

Lunch: Crayfish Salad

Dinner: Courgetti Bolognese (currently obsessed)

Snacks: Carrot sticks and hummus and I have some strawberries in case I start with the sweet tooth cravings again

Really looking forward to end of week 1 weigh in, hoping my results are as impressive as the ones I’ve been reading on here πŸ™‚

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Really struggling today not to give in to the voice in my head telling me to just have a biscuit!!

I’ve tried everything to distract myself…drinking loads of water snacking on some nuts…my last attempt might be eating a whole box of strawberries but there is probably as much sugar in that as there is in the one biscuit arghhh

• posted by JuJu68
    on

Hi Rachel,

In my experience, there’s no such thing as one biscuit, so the strawberries are still a better bet lol! I have a tub of Fage Total Greek yoghurt in the fridge and when I get cravings I have a couple of teaspoons out of that – put some strawberries in it if you need to – but 50g of the yoghurt doesn’t add up to many calories or carbs, and the fat helps as it makes me feel satisfied. Not particularly helpful for now if you don’t have any in, but it may be useful for future reference.

And the cravings do go away if you can resist them for the first couple of weeks. Can you go out for a quick walk until the craving passes? Otherwise a hot drink might help?

Good luck – I started at 185lb and want to reach 160lb, and at five weeks in I’ve lost 15lb, 10.5 of which were in the first two weeks. The weight loss is static at the moment but I’ve lost 4″ from my belly, and 2 from hips and waist and previously tight clothes are becoming too big now. Keep going, it works!

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Thanks JuJu68 I managed to resist and just ended up eating the strawberries instead, one battle won!

I might buy some of that when I next go shopping, the problem comes when I’m bored at work but I’m sure I’ll get there with time.

My starting weight and goals are pretty similar to yours, well done for your amazing results, really hope I can report something great in due course lol

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

I had such a hectic weekend that I haven’t had a chance to update my diary so here goes a long post!

I always find weekends to be so much harder than when I have the structure of work, I didn’t have a perfect weekend at all but was no where near as bad as my usual binge weekends so hoping I haven’t done too much damage.

Here’s a diary for the weekend:

Day 4 (Friday)
    Breakfast: Raspberry Yoghurt
    Lunch: Chicken & Mediterranean Bean Salad
    Dinner: Lamb Meatballs & Salad (Plus some halloumi cheese)

Day 5 (Saturday)
    Breakfast: Veg Frittata
    Lunch: Courgetti Bolognese
    Dinner: Veg Patty
    I really struggled on Saturday as I went to friends house for a little gathering and was surrounded by chocolate and all sorts, I’ll be honest and admit I gave in and had a few chocolate brownie bites and some sweet and salt popcorn. Felt very guilty but just tried to focus on the positive note that I managed to resist the temptation of Chinese that was offered to me for dinner. Highs and lows I guess…

Day 6 (Sunday)
    Brunch: Bit of a random breakfast with Veg frittata, mushrooms and some baked beans
    Snack: Halloumi Cheese
    Dinner: Nandos 6 wings (no sides was defo a challenge) followed by a M&S mousse

Summary: Overall it was a pretty pathetic weekend and writing it all out has just reminded me just how bad it was so not hopeful for tomorrows first weigh in……

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Today is Day 7

I would say a week has gone quickly, which it has, but that might have something to do with my pathetic weekend attempt

Anyways moving on….tomorrow is my first weigh in so trying to have a really good day to make counteract the weekend. Food diary as follows:

Breakfast: Raspberry Yoghurt
    Lunch: Roast chicken soup
    Dinner: Salmon & Veg (not exactly sure what Veg yet )

I have some strawberries as an emergency snack if necessary….

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

1st weigh in this morning…..12st 13lbs…that’s 3lbs down in the first week πŸ˜€

Maybe not as impressive as some of the results on here but I’m very happy as its 3lbs closer to my goal and has motivated me to keep going!!

So Day 8 food diary

Breakfast: Activia strawberry yoghurt
    Lunch: Prawns & Veg
    Dinner: Turkey mince stuffed peppers topped with some mozzarella

Of course I have my trusty strawberries with me in case of emergency lol

Week 2 lets go πŸ˜€

• posted by hebrideanprincess
    on

Started my ,8 week journey last week. Husband joined me as we both need to loose weight he does not have diabetes but I do type two. Diagnosed 1 year ago. Blood sugar does not come down whether I take medication or not it stays the same only altering by one or two points. So thought I would try this.

I lost 7lbs on first week, I stuck to the diet plan without deviation. No exercise first week. Now on 2nd week feel amazing already. Exercise this week because I feel so great. Will not be weighing until Sunday end of 2 me week. Blood count however has no change. So hoping in another week or so on this it will

Please log in or register to post a reply.