Mustard

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve never liked mustard when I’ve had it in restaurants or shop bought sandwiches, but I found a recipe for fake coleslaw made with yoghurt and mustard when I was still reeling from the shock of how many calories in mayonnaise.
    I’m trying to avoid spending lots on new stuff I might not use (abandoned the idea of an otherwise interesting recipe with peanut flour – ££££!) but decided 64p from Waitrose for the mustard wasn’t a huge investment if I didn’t like it.

I’ve made the coleslaw for lunch, so haven’t tried it yet, but the flavoured quark (I substituted the yogurt) tasted good.
    I tried some mustard in my breakfast frittata of egg and spiralised courgette, beating it into the egg rather than a dollop on the top – it made a really nice change, only using a couple of grams.
    Looks like I’ll be using it lots more as a speedy seasoning!

• posted by barby
    on

Mmmm that appeals to me Frog, mixing some mustard and yoghurt as salad dressing sounds good, I also might try a little on my veggie sausages, as I miss my HP sauce with my fry up..

Please log in or register to post a reply.