Must Read Dr Mosley New Book – The Clever Guts Diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jillf
    on

I too have bought this book and it looks very interesting. My main question is how does it tally with he BSD WOE as recipes include things not allowed in the BSD diet. What does the community here think? Is it a different diet for a different outcome, or something one could take up, as Sandra’s video suggets, post BSD to carry on weight loss and cleansing once sugars are back to normal?
    Would love to hear your thoughts.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

This book is a good all round book. I’m using it to get my gut in order. Since Saturday ive included apple cider vinegar in my diet. Yet to include chia seeds etc. I’m on low carb low fat no animal protein diet at present. After my 8 weeks I will include more things in this book, but for now not eat all the fish…excuse pun.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

The book looks really good and I am also – like sandrainc – using it to get my gut in order.

Jill – although I haven’t read the whole book – several of the recipes do look BSD friendly. Because my pancreas doesn’t cope with carbs very well – even the good carbs – I do have to be careful with some of the BSD recipes and I will do the same with this book.

Have started using the Apple cider vinegar with some very interesting results. If I take it before a meal, or as a salad dressing, my after meal blood sugar spikes are definitely lower and so are my fasting blood sugars.

Very surprising is that the night cramps I get immediately stopped when I started using the Apple cider vinegar.

I am also trying to eat more varieties of vegetables and salad stuff. Have loads of herbs growing in the garden so adding those should help because eating a wider variety of plants really helps the gut.

• posted by crabbycams
    on

I’ve just read this article in The Conversation: https://theconversation.com/the-science-of-taste-or-why-you-choose-fries-over-broccoli-68168?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20May%2031%202017%20-%2074845781&utm_content=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20May%2031%202017%20-%2074845781+CID_efb9665cad9545e5e5409ad4e079859f&utm_source=campaign_monitor&utm_term=The%20science%20of%20taste%20or%20why%20you%20choose%20fries%20over%20broccoli

Apologies for the very long URL.

It is interesting and raises questions about our individual gut biome and how we taste and therefore choose certain foods, and how we digest them.

I wonder if eventually, with this science, someone like Dr Mosley will be able to analyse an individual’s gut biome and with them develop a diet to reverse, or prevent diabetes and a host of other food-related diseases.

Crabbycams who is very interested in the science, but is not very good at chemistry and stuff.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

thanks crabbycams for the link above…makes interesting reading. How we chew our food really matters then eh. I’m improving my gut bacteria with apple cider vinegar and a raw organic superfoods supplement. Getting my fasting BSR to normal is what I’m concentrating on right now and doing good. I’m into my 4th week now.

Please log in or register to post a reply.