Moving on from the 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Forkers
    on

Hi everyone,
    Iv just finished week 1 and iv lost about an inch-I can’t believe it as I worked out like a maniac for a year and got nowhere!
    Anyway, I feel like I might move away from the 800 after maybe 3 weeks, does anyone have any meal plans? As I feel genuinely overwhelmed and confused as to what I should eat when not sticking to the strict 800.
    I’m worried I’ll suddenly eat everything and be back at square one.
    Thanks!

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Forkers

Check out the fast diet cook books, meals sorted and counted for the 5:2 fast days.
    You should have another great two weeks then the rest of your life as a reshaped person.
    N

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Forkers

Just wondered why you wanted to move away from the 8 weeks of 800 calories? Are you finding it a bit hard?

Only wanted to say that most people find the first week the most difficult, and then after that it gets much easier – so if it’s that you’re worried that you won’t be able to keep it up, leave that decision till later, and you may find that sticking to it for the full 8 weeks will be much easier than you think.

I’m mid 6th week and loving it still – more than a stone down or 11% of my body weight, and 6 lbs to go. 🙂

• posted by Forkers
    on

Hi there,
    Quite the opposite, iv found it totally doable and have list 2 inches in a week and a half, and I don’t want to lose much more than that, so was thinking of only doing half the time.
    I expect the weight loss will reach a plateau though so I understand the 8 weeks is probably good to get rid of core weight rather than the initial water and bloating so I’m going to play it by ear.
    I do want a plan in my mind for when I come off it though, do I don’t go mad and decide to live in a loaf of bread.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Forkers

You’ll probably find that your tastes change and you won’t want to go back to eating the processed foods and carbs.

I used to eat just about anything that could go between two slices of bread, but haven’t eaten it since I started the BSD on 19th December. I’m now 26 weeks in and still managing to stick to low carb. On holiday a few weeks ago, the bread basket was put at the side of me (a group of us eating together) and it honestly didn’t bother me. A year ago I’d have been eating all of it😱

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Aha, I see! Excellent stuff with the 2 inches lost! Congratulations!

And I think it’s a great idea to keep going for the moment to see what happens in the rest of the 8 weeks.

I have just started my 7th week – I have lost 17lbs, which is over 11% of my initial body weight, and would ideally like to get to 9 stone, which is another 5 lbs. No issues with Type 2, just a wish to stop being moderately carb addicted, and to get back into control, which I feel I really have done.

I am very focused on keeping carbs low, am still in ketosis (as shown by Ketostix) and still have a chunky (or flobby) bit of belly wodge to go. Very interested to see if I can drop the remaining 5 lbs.

And I am already planning what to do after the 8 weeks (or however long I decide to continue). I am thinking that the 5:2 will be a good idea – following the general principles of lowish carbs, reasonable protein, and higher good fats, definitely no bread or root veg or other refined carbohydrates unless exceptional circumstances (e.g. roasties at Christmas). I will maintain that style all the time, and then have 2 days per week where I will have, say, 500/600 calories with a single meal.

I find that I can achieve the one meal a day, well planned and filling, if I continue to drink lots of water. This will fulfil my aim to keep up the fasting interval between meals if I can.

Hope this might help you!

• posted by Forkers
    on

Thanks so much! This is a great help

Please log in or register to post a reply.