Moving forward

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hawkeye1
    on

Hi all, well finished my 8 weeks on Friday after loosing 20lbs. Very pleased but a bit dissapointed that there is limited advise on moving forward? Been back into the book but again a bit vague?
    As usual I rely on you guys with all your amazing posts! Did my first fast day today but did 500 calories. It seems that we need to stick to med diet for 5 days but without calorie counting, then 800 for 2?
    Can I ask how any of you are getting on?
    I had a big weekend with concert, birthdays and day out so put on a whopping 5lbs. Need to ensure that my regular eating does not have that effect!! Happy to work hard for the 2 days but worried that the 5 days without counting will spiral out of control.

• posted by zebbie
    on

We are having the same thoughts. I think this is our week 8 (lost count). My partner is now in the healthy BMI so needs to stop losing really and I am nearly there. We didn’t have a lot to lose at the start, just wanted to be healthier.
    We think we will eat the same way, just add a bit more maybe, and restrict the carbs. I am definitely against adding sugar, for me, fruit is as sweet as I want it to get. Also bread, pasta, etc is probably going to be a no no for me. I feel so much better without it.
    However, having said all that, if we go out somewhere special, we will have a treat I think.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Guys
    A few of us with more weight to lose are staying on the fast 800 until we reach target.
    Lynne contacted the team about this and the reply was, if you are feeling good about it, then by all means stay on it for a few more weeks I’m thinking of looking at the 5:2 once I hit my initial target , I’ll probably stay low carb (50 – 70 grams per day) and increase the calories from extra fat. I think maybe 1200 cals / day should do it but that can be modified.
    Once I hit final target, it will then be experimental on how I maintain it but the Med style of eating suits me anyway and that’s the way I think I will go.

• posted by Laska
    on

HI all..so aftre my 8 weeks I am
    19lbs down , 5 inches off waist .. back to ‘normal BMI ..i’d really like to lose another 10 lbs to get back to 10 stone

I need to start negotiating how to make this work going forward as I did the Fast Diet successfuly three years ago , then put it all back on! ,

So i far Im thinking doing a sort of’ 2:4.1′. that is 2 days eating what I want (with wine most likely but really watching the bad carbs carbs) ,and 4 days doing the BSD M diet at around 8/900 , then 1 day fasting (a light dinner of protein. veggies only ) ? I can do this but FRi eve . sat , o the 2 ‘higher days’ Sunday fasting, ..( no breakfast or lunch ) mon-thursday 800/900 cals.
    How does that sound ?

• posted by Ekaterina
    on

Hi all, wondering how you all got on? I’ve just finished the 8 weeks and am very close to target (lowest weight in about 20 years and feeling great) so will continue for a couple more weeks, but my husband has much more still to go so will probably go with another 8 weeks. We don’t find it too difficult given how delicious the recipes are. However, we had a small celebration to mark the 8 weeks (baked pasta dish, bottle of wine) and are very disappointed to have each put on almost 1kg! Does this signal we are going to have to be super-vigilant every single day to avoid ballooning up or are there some helpful pointers anyone has?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello fellow finishers or are we? I am in Week 17 having slowly built up calories and food types again since week 11 and 12. I no longer count anything and am on a plateau, 2 kg below my main target, with maybe 1 kg to go if I want a BMI under 25. I have learned to eat more healthily and with a regular weigh-in can adjust it fairly easily. I have found that the occasional beer, sweet or meal out really stirs up the results but they can be ironed out again painlessly but sometimes a bit slower than I would like. I intended to go to 5:2 but it seems a bit formal if my new regime works. I suspect that 5:2 is the answer though and it might make my weigh-ins a thing of the past. I have some health issues of long standing that limit my exercising so I will have to just wait and see how it goes in the longer term. Most important is that I have broken the bread addiction and so the sugar one too but like all addictions we are recovering sugar addicts and have to be wary.

• posted by Ekaterina
    on

Thank you SkyWalker, very helpful.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello all,
    I agree with Skywalker – I’ve been BSDing since mid-January, approx. 20 weeks – I bypassed the 8week/800cals, and the 5:2 part, I just went in at the simplest level possible and have just continued. I found for me that tweaking things when necessary works best for me. So far, I’ve lost 1.5 stone – still not yet in the healthy section of the BMI but I’m on my way. I recently relaxed things a bit and had a few off-limits foodstuffs (for variety, to use up some things in my cupboards) and my weight loss stalled but, most importantly, it didn’t go up. The past few days I’ve excluded the off-limit stuff again and the weight loss is restarting.
    For me a LITTLE of what I fancy does me good but hopefully now I’ve learned not to go overboard. So I wouldn’t worry about having a celebration meal or whatever, and I’m not going to agonise over things. So long as I monitor things I know what to do if I need to nip things in the bud. I truly believe that this way of eating is the most maintainable diet I’ve ever tried.
    So don’t worry about life after the initial 8 weeks.

• posted by Ekaterina
    on

Hi RozyDozy, thanks very much, seems that moderation is the key together with keeping an eye on things. And not going overboard!

Please log in or register to post a reply.