Move to intermittent fasting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Avocado73
    on

Hi there
    I’ve done my 8 weeks and lost over a stone,as someone who loses weight very slowly,I am pleased with this and it’s the thinnest ive been in years.I

I’m looking at fasting Monday to Thursday each week.
    What’s people’s experiences of this?How.many calories do you have on non fast days?What happened to rate of.loss?I’ve stalled atm anyway…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Avocado, could you be a little more specific about what you are defining as a fast? Are you talking about a 95hr.
    water only fast, or intermittent fasting, such as OMAD (one meal a day) or an eating window of 16:8 or 18:6?
    Often newcomers use the terms interchangeably, and the aren’t the same thing.

• posted by Avocado73
    on

Fast day is.800 cals a day,based on blood.sugar diet.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you Avocado for your explanation. My understanding of the Fast800 is an 8 week program that is based on
    low carbs, moderate protein, and high healthy fats. It was created to assist diabetics in clearing fat from the
    liver and pancreas. It is highly effective for weight loss as well. The 5:2 or similar variants are used to maintain
    the benefits, not as a weight loss plan per se. If you are stalled, I sincerely don’t understand why you wish to increase
    your calories over 800 cal. a day. Are you struggling to restrict your calories? I’ve been in maintenance for 2 years,
    so perhaps I have a different perspective on it than those just starting out. I wish I could be of more help,
    but I’m afraid that I don’t follow your logic here. Wishing you the best!

Allie

• posted by Avocado73
    on

I’m following MM book resommendations,800 cals for.8 weeks then using 800 cals as fast days several times a week for slower weight loss.
    I’ll do some googling.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Avocado, you might find a thread here called “TAKE A LOOK AT THIS” helpful, too. Many podcasts, you tube
    videos and books have been referenced there. Jason Fung’s work on fasting is very interesting reading and is
    very compatible with the BSD. Enter it in the searchbox, and it should come up!

• posted by Avocado73
    on

Thanks Alliecat, will have a look.

I was wondering if I’d stalled as i needed more cals,which can sometimes happen.my plan was to do 4 days week from this week on 800 calories, similar to the original 5:2 diet.Then eat within my TDEE on the other three days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.