Mmmmm, bowels😐

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Isabel
    on

Is anyone finding that they now have very active bowels?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m finding exactly the opposite, in fact I’ve started using Movicol to help things along

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Me too Bill! Gone from several times a day to once! It’s heaven!!

• posted by Frog
    on

same here Leanne & Bill
    It does explain why preBSD I was staying more or less a constant weight, despite eating hugely over 2,000 calories – if you eat way too much to absorb, you don’t put it all on in fat, much of it will pass straight through.

• posted by KJ77
    on

I am finding that I am only going every 3 -4 days from being regular as clockwork. Not sure if it is coz I just don’t have anything left to get rid of. I am drinking between 3 – 4 litres of water a day, walking at least 12000 steps a day (well except weekends where I need to step it up as only averaging around 7000). I am averaging about 845 calories a day, with lots of salad and vegies. I don’t feel uncomfortable but just find it strange! Is anyone else having the same thing?

• posted by Isabel
    on

We have a product in Australia called Benefiber – I have it every day, its tasteless. Im having trouble drinking so much water, only up to about a litre at the moment.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hi Isabel, maybe it’s the fibre that’s making your bowels, urm, ‘overactive”? Hopefully it will settle down! The diet has had the opposite effect on me, as with some of the others. I’ve had irritable bowels for, ooh, 30 years I guess. Urgency and frequency every morning, avoiding eating breakfast if I had to go out straight away, that sort of thing. Now, I only go every other day and feel fine. What a relief! Also, without wishing to be gross (!) my dogs are normally on a raw meat diet. Small firm poo, once a day. They had to be on kibble (carb rich) for a few days,: looser bulky poos several times a day. Back on the raw meat now, thank goodness! The dogs that is. 😀

• posted by Frog
    on

Poor dogs, glad to hear they;re better now.
    Like us, they;r digestive systems were reacting to something they’re not used to,

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi Bissell I feed my 3 collies raw they are so healthy on it in fact they feed better than me until know of course . Today they had goats milk and a chicken wing for breakfast. Me yoghurt and berries !!!!!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Morning Collie, yes my 2 are really healthy on their raw diet. My vet was sceptical but reluctantly agrees now. Dogs definitely weren’t made to eat lots of carbs. I’d rather have your breakfast than theirs! I had Greek yog, chopped cucumber and mint and paprika. A sort of riata. Delish!

• posted by glevesque
    on

Interesting that this topic went to the dogs (ha, ha)…but actually found the same for my dogs. Have one dog who has suffered with severe skin disorders for years…lots of steroids, etc. Finally put her on a raw diet, and she is great! Now I’m on the BSD and feeling pretty darned good, too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.