Mini-goals, break up the journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

When I first started on my personal journey at a very obese BMI 42.3 there was a very active thread where people posted what they had achieved, either with losses on the scales or non scale victories like fitting into a favourite pair of trousers again, or a dress size, or a wedding dress. This was a great help to me, and I started tracking weight loss in both kg and pounds as well as stones and pounds so I had more numbers to celebrate 😁. Tracking inches/centimetres works as well but some of my favourite goals were to do with the little things. Being able to cut my toenails without straining. Being able to climb into the bath for a shower without feeling like I was about to slip over. To the people who have just started, you have probably already hit some mini-goals, so let us all know and we can celebrate with you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great idea to kick this off again, Mixmatch. I always found mini-goals and achieving them, a great help in keeping me focused and motivated. Hopefully some folks who have recently started their BSD journey will pick up the baton and start letting us know their mini-goals and when they hit them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.