MENUS

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Openwaterswimmer
    on

Hi
    Does the book/programme offer a list of the correct foods as I find I am not keen on most of the recipes .

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Openwaterswimmer – welcome aboard! The important thing is to avoid simple carbs, so bin things like potatoes, break, cakes, pasta, rice, biscuits – basically anything sugar loaded or heavy on cereals. Lots of us on here have never used the recipes, but apply the BSD principles to the meals we create ourselves. This means keeping carbs low – so lots of leafy and above ground veggies, avoiding below ground veg as they are higher in carbs (especially potatoes); include fats in your meals, so olive oil, nuts, seeds, butter, cream, full fat yogurt etc; include proteins in the menu; keep well hydrated and record everything consumed and it’s best to track calories and carbs. Make friends with herbs and spices, to help to ring the changes and make meals more interesting.

Personally, I have a small simple breakfast, often skip lunch but if I have one it will be something like a very small salad with some protein and then I’ll have a main course in the evening consisting of a portion of meat or fish with veggies. Keeping it simple – especially in the early days – is the best way to go.

I’m sure others will respond with lots of other ideas and advise for you. Hope to read positive results from you soon – good luck!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have never used the recipes, but like SunnyB says, there are so many options out there provided you avoid the white stuff, limit your carbs (apart from anything else the fat and protein are what stop you getting hungry on this diet), and try to avoid processed food. I certainly never get bored of my own recipes and have really come to love my lunchtime salads, even in the winter. I generally have yoghurt and berries for breakfast when I have it but I often skip it for a 16:8 intermittent fast. Tea can be almost anything provided you follow those simple rules.

Please log in or register to post a reply.