Meds, are they really good for you ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I was given this link on the business forums to a great article written by NHS Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra, thanks Scott for that
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/01/drugs-pharma-doctors-patients
    A lot of food for thought in there and well worth a read
    Taster
    “Corporate greed and systematic political failure have brought healthcare to its knees. There are too many misinformed doctors and misinformed patients. It’s time for greater transparency and stronger accountability, so that doctors and nurses can provide the best quality care for the most important person in the consultation room – the patient”

• posted by hashimoto
    on

hi Bill, I’ve printed that article to read at leisure and share around. Thanks. How many pharmacists do you know who take a lot of drugs? Not many, I bet! They understand the interactions between drugs and the body in more detail than the average GP so avoid taking anything unless strictly necessary. I know my son is concerned about the number of meds I am on and pleased I am managing to reduce the massive doses of inhaled steroids I was put on by the consultant. 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It’s pretty damming when the professionals are starting to speak out like that.
    I found the comment from the editor of the Lancet fascinating too.
    ” possibly half of the published medical literature may simply be untrue and that science had “taken a turn towards darkness”.

Louder voices to add to the campaign to sort the profession out.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I also read an article on the news this morning about problems with asthma diagnosis. Too many kids diagnosed incorrectly causing people to trivialise a serious disease. If you have seen someone having a life threatening asthma attack you will know what I mean.

You should look up that article Lynne posted yesterday. That was very refreshing to hear.

🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.