Meal replacement shakes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Paulo
    on

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good quality (if there is such a thing) meal replacement shake to use on the 8 week 800 cal per day BSD? Michael mentions that you can use them in his book, but no mention of which ones are suitable.

Thanks,

Paul

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Optifast is a good diet shake. Easy to get in Australia and recommended by Drs in Aus prior to surgery for those with obesity. Carbs are 22 a meal but it works. For one of the meals some low carb veges are added.

• posted by Juss_185
    on

I tried to stick to 800 cals last week, but was averaging 1000-1200 cals per day, so my partner and I have decided to use 2 Weetabix on the go milk drinks and one healthy 400 cal meal.

Having looked at all the diet drinks/meal replacement options at the supermarket, these were better in terms of carbs and cals. However all meal replacements/millshakes are loaded with sugar :-s

I’m just taking it as 8 weeks and not worrying about the sugar tbh. If it works then it works!

• posted by sandrainc
    on

Hi there…for 4 grams carbs per serving a company called Purition (UK company) does great shakes
    they also do samples of flavours…here is the link
    https://www.purition.co.uk/#Products
    I love their coconut flavour
    Sandra

• posted by CathDew
    on

Hi, What do you make them up with? Milk or water?

Cath

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi CathDew,

You have stumbled across a post that is a couple of years old. It was an old advertising post by someone. – There isn’t an active moderator on the forum, the system relies on us reporting inappropriate posts to the moderator. – I will report these posts about shakes.

It isn’t a good idea to use meal replacement shakes. Most of them are high on carbs, and it is far better to think of this as being a change in your Way of Eating for Life by learning to make low carb meals for yourself.

Please log in or register to post a reply.