Mazzawazzawoo's diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mazzawazzawoo
    on

28/09/2016 Day 1. Weight 19st 2lbs. Waking BP 125/74 Pulse 93
    Measurements inches: Waist 49.5, Thighs 29, Tops of arms 17, Bust 49.5
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with tsp butter, salt and pepper – 183kcal
    Lunch: Muller Light Fruitopolis – 85kcal
    Snack: 2 ww oat biscuits – 89kcal
    Dinner: Bolognaise (no pasta) with 30g cheese – 559 + 125
    Total – 1041

Massive lesson learnt with portion control. Hoping my carb loaded body will learn to go without and my meals will become smaller. Sweet tooth was calling and stupidly gave into it with sweet yoghurt and then biscuits.

Proud that I didn’t eat the whole box of biscuits and puffed on my grape flavoured nicotine free shisha pen instead.
    Proud for not eating anything near what I normally would.

N.B. need to drink more water and exercise.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there Mazzawazzawoo

Great you thought you learned some lessons and I don’t think just over 1000 calories is too bad a miss.

However the thing that jumped out at me in your food today is the Muller Light Fruitopolis. I’ve just looked that up on MyFitnessPal and because it’s Low Fat (Light) it’s got 14 carbs, of which NEARLY ALL ARE SUGAR!! I wonder whether eating that gave you a spike which drove you to the biscuits?

If you possibly can, just boot out the low fat or ‘light’ yoghurt product and switch to Full Fat (which has much less sugar in) and if possible eat the plain version with a few berries.

I found MyFitnessPal app (there are others) really helpful in telling me what the nutrients were in what I was eating – otherwise it’s really easy to sabotage yourself and I really think that’s what you did today.

If you can find and kick out the hidden sugars, you will see much more success, I promise! 🙂

• posted by mazzawazzawoo
    on

OK having a semi panic now. Have just woken and taken a fasting blood test at home and it’s 6.2. This is pre-diabetes. I did a test yesterday 2 hours after breakfast and it was 5.3 so I presumed I was OK.

I have also jumped on scale and am now 18st 11lbs.
    In one day after weeing loads I have lost 5lbs.
    I understand this is water but isn’t it too much for my first day? And then to wake to a 6.2 blood sugar test! I’m in a panic now.

I’m going to write this as a seperate post to ask for advice.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve never tested myself, relying on the longer term HbA1c tests, which give results for a longer period. There are many threads and conversations on here about the reliability (or not) of fasting bloods tests – use the search box in the top right hand corner.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Please don’t panic. No need – and no problem with water weight loss as you have seen.

Keep on keeping on – and ditch the low fat dairy (see my earlier post)

Please log in or register to post a reply.