Martin's Fast 800 log

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by martinxo
    on

I originally read ‘The Fast 800’ book to support my wife who needs to make serious changes to how she eats, the more I’ve read the more I’ve come to realise that I need to do the same.
    I’ll ‘officially’ start the diet on 1st September (maybe earlier). Between now and then I’ll research recipes, plan menus and start prepping for the big day. The planning, for me at least, is absolutely crucial, If I know what I’m doing, what I’m eating on what day, then things should be fine.
    I’ll also be starting up my meditation and mindfulness practice again.
    Quick question: Is milk in coffee an okay thing on this diet?
    Anyway, I’ll post again in a day or so.
    Cheers all.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

I have cream in my coffee- even nicer!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi there, Martin! Planning is everything with the BSD, so you have a great mindset going forward. If you will be beginning in a few weeks, it might be worthwhile to begin eliminating some of the white stuff, bread, pasta, rice, grains, slowly now,
    and it will make it so much easier when you settle into the 800cal. a day. Just a thought 🙂 Stay in touch Martin, so
    we can follow your successes on this journey.

Allie

• posted by martinxo
    on

@clarinetcathy : good to hear, I couldn’t bare the idea of no milk in my coffee!

@alliecat : yes, eliminating bread, pasta and rice is the first step, I had my first 242 calorie dinner tonight (pearl barley stew with bacon, savoy cabbage and red chillies), very tasty indeed. Am feeling a little peckish now but it’s not a big deal.

Please log in or register to post a reply.