MARCH 2024 :Twelve Week Reset One week, one month at a time to end March 2024

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi again, just watched a YouTube video recommended by AnnieW in another thread. It is about the order we eat our food and how we can improve our digestion, sugar levels etc. Here is the link

https://youtu.be/HEEUrIQ_3O4?si=xu4XAXDBkuMneFe-

It says if you eat your carbs first i.e. that bread on the table in a restaurant, it goes straight through the digestive system and creates the urge to want more food (carb craving) whereas, if you eat your vegetables first it creates a mesh of fibre which slows down digestion and stops you from wanting so much. Then you eat protien which sits on top of the mesh, then fats which help break down the protiens and then, and only then, the carbs which will now be digested slowly and not cause insulin or sugar spikes. There were some facts and figures about blood sugar and these are useful even if you are not diabetic. As I said to AnnieW, Yes, we all seem to have a dessert belly with plenty of room in it even when we thought we were full. Also, why Europeans are slimmer than some other people. They start their meal with a small salad, even if it is just lettuce. Again, makes sense that they are preparing their stomachs so as not to need so much food.

It is 28 mins long so if you cant be bothered to watch (I just listen while I am doing other things as there is nothing to see except a few graphs), you can at least get the gist of it from what I have said above. Worth trying, won’t hurt and doesn’t cost anything to do.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thanks S-G & I remember reading a long time ago something similar about never starting a meal with carbs because of also the prep for insulin release & will read this article.When still at school I loved biology & wrote an essay about the journey of a ham sandwich through the digestive system because it included starch, sugars, fats & protein. Gosh that takes me back in time 😂
    Margaret xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Sorry I have been quiet .My son and partner have just moved down from Paris to start a new adventure in Toulouse ( much closer to us !!!) and we have been helping them move and settle into their new place.So at least I have one of my sons close by !

My total loss for the 12 weeks was 6 kilos .I seemed to stall a bit in March which absolutely flew by but I will continue through April and May until our Greece trip . I admit there were a couple of Easter desserts lately but I tell myself it’s about long term and not a daily thing .I have not lost my sweet tooth completely, that’s for sure .

Margaret, sorry for the recent struggles and I hope April brings you some cheering sunny days . Look after yourself .

SG, yes I remember reading about the order of foods in a meal impacting blood sugar/insulin .Have you heard of the Glucose Goddess ? She is a French biologist , real name Jessie Inchauspé .She has written books and has a lot of youtube videos which talk about different ‘hacks’ and tips ( apple cider vinegar before meals etc) to regulate blood sugar.She also sells a product which claims to reduce glucose spikes from carbs and sugar by 40% but I would be a bit wary of that .

I will set up the new April thread .Message received about the title 😉

Wendy

• posted by wendleg
    on

NO APRIL FOOL, LOW CARBS ARE COOL ! ONE MONTH AT A TIME : APRIL 2024

This is the new thread, folks xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hiya,

Thanks for the welcome back 🙂
    I’ve really struggled to eat healthily….came down with a cold on Jan 1st…I don’t do too well with viruses, kept going recwork etc but couldn’t exercise and probs had some comfort food, then one of our cats went missing for 3 weeks end Jan into Feb….I was really depressed tbh, and I think still burnt out by a stressful preceding year….he came back thank goodness (think he was shut in somewhere as quite skinny, but otherwise well and delighted to see us), we aldo had some celebrations in between so lots of eating. I was just starting again to try and build fitness slowly, then came down with a chest infection on mother’s day that had me in bed for a week and a half, it was grim….so, back recovering again, and determined to shift the weight…..

Brilliant to see so many peeps totally on it with the WOE, well done everyone! You can be my inspiration!

Clare xxx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Wendy, thanks for setting up the new thread. If you click on the link for a video I put on you will see it is the Glucose Goddess. Yes, I will be wary about the product she is selling but watched several of her YouTubes.

Wendy, have you just sent me a new phone number. I am wary of anything that comes in via email or text so if you can just say yes or no on here.

Please log in or register to post a reply.