MARCH 2024 :Twelve Week Reset One week, one month at a time to end March 2024

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Verano
    I have ordered the book! It’s come at a good time for me. I read fast feast repeat at Christmas and tried intermittent fasting for the last three months but with very poor results. I am hoping this book will inspire me. I’m back to low carb along with intermittent fasting but am looking forward to reading what Dr Jenkinson has to add. I love to add to my knowledge so thank yoi for mentioning the book in your post and inspiring me. It will go alongside the other numerous “diet” books I’ve accumulated over the years. It’s good to have knowledge.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g two vodka and tonics = 0.2kg, maybe, but as you would say just a good poop! You need some little pleasures and a vodka and tonic is better than a chocolate biscuit or two!

Taking the medication ….. great ….. if you have a ‘disease’ that can be cured. Metformin doesn’t ‘cure’ diabetes if you don’t change your diet. Too many people take cholesterol drugs or metformin and think they can carry on as their ‘normal’. Doesn’t work. As sunny-girl and I both know, from personal experience, you can only really be well, with or without medication, if you change your diet.

It really annoys me that ‘Big Food’ persists in selling us highly addictive UPFs then ‘Big Pharma’ pops in with the answer, Ozempic, not sure of spelling, to get rid of the fat caused by ‘Big Food’. Just a money pot!

Frightening really because at the end of the day it comes down to ‘profit’. I have no problem with profit per se but when it’s made on ‘ill health’ that’s unethical for me.

OK of my soap box now!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Cathy

I’m assuming you’ve bought his latest book. I’ve not read it yet. I’m back to his first book . I have the audio addition and am on my second time around. I’m half way through my reread and the stand out is ‘diets don’t work’. He stresses how we all have a weight ‘set point’ and how this is very difficult to overcome. Metabolism is a huge part of his theories.

I’ve not read enough yet to say more.

Will keep you updated!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Verano, the big 5 food organisations are who control what we eat. Nestle SA, PepsiCo Inc, Mondelez International Inc, Unilever Plc, and Mars Inc. I know someone who works for one of these and I am sure from previous posts you can work out who. However, she is very much into healthy eating and changing the culture of the company. In her role she can suggest for example, not to use a certain oil which is on the endangered list but she has to know what to replace it with and then the big thing is cost so she has to source it to the best advantage of the company. In small ways she is encouraging them to move to a healthier options. She calls it slaying the beast from the inside. But obviously the good of the company has to be at the fore but also appropriate or she wouldn’t have a job.

On the subject of Ozempic. Has anyone watched Celebrity Big Brother and looked at Sharon Obsorne who has been on it for a long time. Too long by the looks of it. There was a scene when she was shuffling around the kitchen in her dressing gown and she looked like a very wizzened old lady. Absolutely terrible. Good advert for not using drugs to lose weight.

BTW 2 vodka and tonics poured at home – yes easily 0.2 of a kilo 🙂

on

Hi all, lost the 0.2kgs, yes, it was probably just fluid retention which alcohol can do to us. I am back to weighing daily as I found it too stressful not to. It made me really anxious not knowing so I know what is best for me.

No actual news today, just keeping on…

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Just checking in as the weekend begins.The weeks are flying by and we are finally getting some bright Spring like days which is a bonus .
    I was another kilo down last time I looked and I am enjoying trying on clothes like SG . I have sold quite a few items and found an outfit for the Greek wedding.I quite like colourful clothes these days . I had my ‘beige time’ and baggy tunics and leggings when I was younger and trying not to attract any attention but no more . Looking at the shops here there are a lot of floral appliqué type fabrics so without realising it I am on trend 😉 Not to forget my wacky matching earrings !

Not diet related but I had a lovely thing happen this week .My ” daughter in law’ sent me an invitation to join the application for my grandson’s daycare centre which he started this week at 5 months .So I get regular photos, videos and messages of the activities and feedback from his lovely carers .It makes me feel connected and less far away .Technology is fab sometimes !

I can’t believe we are approaching the end of this 12 week reset ! It feels good to break the cycle I was in . I definitely want to keep going until we go to Greece when there will be some excess but I can handle that .

Yes SG I read about Sharon Osbourne and her awful experience with Ozempic, like many Hollywood celebrities .She did lose weight but apparently cannot gain at all now and is very gaunt .I have also heard about lots of issues with stomach paralysis , migraines and worse .Also weight gain is inevitable after stopping the medication.I would never ever contemplate such a dangerous drug .

So have a good weekend everyone and keep going
    Oh and a big welcome to Clarinet Cathy to this thread ! I will check out the book mentioned . I think we probably know most of it but there is never any harm having a booster !
    Wendy x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Decided to check out my range of MM books i seem to have accumulated over time. This one is the the fast 800 – combining rapid weight loss and intermittent fasting for long-term health. Anyone read it on here?

on

Hi Wendy, how do you make money on Vinted. I have had a pair of shoes on for about 6 months, lots of interest but no sale. They are on for €8, so how low do you have to go. I put a only worn once, blue velvet full length evening dress on a month before Christmas hoping someone would want it for a special event, started at €20, reduced to €15, then had someone ask me half a dozen questions that were ridiculous and said she would have it if I would do it for €5. I took it off the site and will be wearing it on the cruise. I might get it taken up to modernise it but I am certainly not giving it away. All the other stuff I had on, 4 tops, one dress, I ended up giving to my friend when she came out and now anything else goes to the local charity shop.

The problem with stars like Sharon and ozempic is they don’t need it. When a diabetic takes it, it helps with weight loss and therefore reduces BG levels but it is carefully monitored and stopped after a certain amount of time. I hope other so called celebrities take a good look at her – I felt so sorry for her.

Great you can get updates from the nursery, you might even get videos of major events like first steps, although I am sure you will get them if it happens at home. I got videos of kittens being born and then 3 cats all in one box with 12 kittens piled on top of them fighting for nipples :), lucky me.
    Have a good weekend.

on

1960smp yes, read it. It is almost the same as The Blood Sugar Diet book but without all the references to diabetes. I would chose the Fast 800 if I didn’t have diabetes but having both was a bit of a waste of money for me.

• posted by wendleg
    on

SG re Vinted I think it depends on the clothing brands. My favourite is Gudrun Sjoden…lots of original prints and organic cottons and linen. Her clothes sell quickly at the right price. The new stuff is too expensive for me but I have found some pre loved treasures.
    I.have also sold White Stuff and Sea salt Cornwall items.
    It’s true that stuff can stay unsold for a good while.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good morning everyone so I have just weighed & gained 1/2lb. I had hoped to have not gained anymore weight but I suppose I have to face the truth now that I am being much more careless about what I’m eating & need to completely review my meal planning. Part of the problem is I haven’t lost my sweet tooth regained over Christmas & find myself wanting something sweet in the evening after supper & this is usually a small piece of dark chocolate or a mango sorbet fruit lolly which is 70 calories both extra to my planned daily weekday calories of 800-900 . I’ve also been relaxing too much over the weekend going above my planned BMR calorie limit of 1300 calories to allow myself more relaxed eating & a couple of treats now usually a pud, or nibbles with wine adding too many carby calories 🙀 As I become older I seem to need to eat even fewer calories to continue to lose any weight.
    My reality now is that my knees are more sore & I am taking more pain relief & my body is flabbier through sitting more!! I am knitting hedgehogs for charity , finishing my jumper & spending a long time on my iPad particularly on DuoLingo which sends daily lesson reminders & also no longer exercising to my Jane Fonda dvd with my hand weights. It’s so easy to slip back into unhelpful & unhealthy habits & I am still finding it difficult to get re-motivated because it feels more challenging each day preparing every meal from scratch with fresh food & mentally battling with myself to get out my exercise dvds & just do it!!
    I suppose my message today is don’t let yourselves like me lose focus & slip back into an unhealthy & unhelpful routine🤔
    Margaret xx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks SG, I hear what you’re saying. Think I was intrigued when I read the intro section as he commends 5:2 but reverses it so it is 5 days eating normally and 2 strictly on 800 cals.

I weighed in at 2lbs heavier today and can see how. Overall, i am not counting cals or carbs 🙃 i really need to adjust this as i will quickly return to my heavier weight.

on

Hi all, glad to report further weight loss. Now over 8lbs down.

Margaret it sounds as though you have come to realise what you need to change. I know it sounds boring but just cut out the carbs and basically the calories will take care of themselves. Do you have a goal, time, special occasion in mind. As for that DVD, I keep mine in the player and just press the play button. I do an exercise that doesn’t take much faffing around, I can do it it jeans and a t-shirt. Once I hear the opening music I think, well I might as well just do it. I also tell myself it is just half an hour or an hour out of 24 in the day and not going to be so difficult to fit in. So I just get on with it and before I know it I am on the cool down – my favourite part 🙂

1960smp, the 5:2 is 5 days normal food and 2 days fasting or 800. Always has been. Some people find that easier to cope with if they can’t face 7 days at 800 but don’t make the mistake of eating everything in sight on the none fast days. You are here, so you are all geared up, just need that final push. Organisation. Plan, shop, cook.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks SG, to be clear i did realise he meant eat the bsd way not any old food lol but can see why you mention it! Am glad tjo coz it is just that, organise, plan, shop accordingly!
    Am grateful for the support of others so good to know we are not alone 😊

on

1960smp I know you know but you won’t be surprised that some people skip that part of the book and think they can eat as much and anything they want. We are never alone on this site.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning.

Just checking for the last of our 12 weeks. I haven’t made my goal of a pound a week which would mean a loss of 11lbs so far but am a smidgeon under an 8lb loss so not to be sniffed at!

Have a good week.

on

Hi all, like you V, I am around 8lbs when I pledged 10. Meal out yesterday was not carb rich with some chicken strips and lettuce for starter, veal with carrots and endive for main and yes, I did have the creme brulee. One glass of wine. No damage done, until I got home. We had a light dinner of 2 scrambled eggs. Then I was absolutely starving. Not like me but only bread would do it. So I made a chicken sandwich. And then the dreaded carb rebound hit me and I made a cheese sandwich. It was like I was out of control and that is not like me at all. Just have to accept that I have gained 1lb so would have been 9lbs down with only 1lb to my goal. Okay, so it is over now and I am back on track. Might hit another pound by next week but it is hubbys actual birthday on Saturday so I might have to be very strong. Just shows I am not perfect.

I know half of the weight on will be fluid and I can feel that already with multiple trips to the loo.

Going to get out in the garden soon as it is 22 degrees and there is so much to do. Washing is hanging on the line outside for the first time this year.

Have a good week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well, it seems like others, I’ve not had a good result this week … not disastrous, only 1lb up, but it feels like a step backwards. However, going to just keep going and still have hope of getting to target by 13th April, when our next trip to Turkiye kicks off.

Whether you’ve had a good BSD week, or a not so good one, just stick with it. We know this way of eating works, we just need to do our best.

on

Weight down by half a pound so weight gain nearly gone.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g I ‘caught’ the half you threw away!

on

Sorry V, it has to land somewhere 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

😂😂😂

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Almost at the end of the week, and having had my other grandson stay all week, my motivation slipped….he is 6 and over active poss adhd / autistic so been treble work mentally. I know the drill but will get back tomorrow when he is back home.
    I have been perusing meals ideas and figured the best way for me is to list the foods / meals I do enjoy and base my menu & online shop around those. I am sure to most that sounds like sucking eggs but its where I am at…

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone .
    Sorry I have been a bit quiet .I have a friend from the UK staying and it was her birthday on Monday so we took her out for a meal at one of the restaurants we like .I chose a red tuna tartare with lime jus for my starter , baked cod for my main which was served with linguine but I got them to serve mine with a courgette tian instead . All good until I chose the chocolate dome for dessert !! My first dessert in months (apart from Greek yoghurt and berries ) ! It was very enjoyable .
    I do have to be careful though because any sugar/carb overload can lead to cravings emerging as if my body is desperate for more sugar but I resist because to give in would be catastrophic !

I haven’t weighed myself for a while and to be honest this last week I have been lax in testing my blood glucose/ketones and completing the journal .I suppose I got a bit bored as I know what to expect .Anyway my clothes are fitting as I like and the tightness across the boobies has gone 😉
    Still a while before we go to Greece so I will keep going .

How are you feeling , Margaret ? I would suggest setting smaller,accessible goals and targets rather then feeling down because you haven’t got it all together ? I doubt any of us are 100 % perfect all of the time but we all do our best depending on various issues such as health, life events etc . Don’t be too hard on yourself .

1960smp, having your grandson to stay is an example of a life event that can throw us momentarily off track .That’s ok .I think you are right to keep things simple as you get back on track .

I’m fortunate in that I feel comfortable eating my own food even with guests while hubby loads up on other carby options.I’m too old to worry about being judged or having my choices questioned 😉

We are enjoying some beautiful Spring days here .Spring is the best time ever !

All the best to everyone . Don’tbe too hard on yourselves !

on

Hi all, glad to hear from you Wendy. I am noisy enough for the two of us. Another day and weight down again, ready for the onslaught on Saturday which is hubbys actual birthday. I am cooking so looking to do filet mignon (pork loin) with creme fraiche and prunes served with veg and more veg. No dessert but he might have some ice cream that has been in the freezer since Xmas.

I have been a bit lax with the exercise if you don’t count getting out in the garden and clearing the weeds from the strawberry patch. Lots on white flowers so fruit is on its way. As Wendy says, some nice weather with around 24 today so great for gardening. We had a busy day Monday with the meal out, gardening Tuesday, Wednesday we had to do the rounds with about 9 different shops to go to including getting a new Livebox for the computer. We managed to get everything we wanted with no hitches and booked the car in for its annual service. Unfortunately, the Livebox didn’t seem to want to work. I have no idea about tech but hubby is an engineer so should be able to put in a few plugs. No lights came on and we lost WiFi. So we had to do our shop this morning and then trail back to Orange at Bergerac to get the box changed. It isn’t plugged in yet so fingers crossed it works.

1960 dont worry too much about a few days off plan, just as long as you enjoyed being with your grandson. They grow up so quickly so just cherish the time.

Nearly the end of our 12 weeks and might not reach my goal but very close to it. Then I will have 4 weeks to my cruise so I want to really crack on and get at least a few more pounds off.

Enjoy and koko…

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Wendy & it’s enjoyable having guests 👍
    Thank you for your advice & I am just taking it one day at a time at the moment! My son has just been told his current contract is finishing early so will have to look for another one & the market is dead at the moment but hopefully the beginning of the new UK tax year next month may generate something.
    Oh well I am minus or plus 1-2 lbs & seem to be in weight maintenance at the moment & all my clothes still fit me but must try to get back into losing weight again because my knees are sore. I will weigh on Saturday & have another fast day tomorrow so I suppose I operating more in 5:2 Fast Dieting mode & trading water at the moment trying to hold things together.
    Well done everyone doing better than me👍
    Margaret xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

An update & I’ve just weighed & lost 4ozs in weight. I must admit it really struck home because I was expecting a greater loss & it has made be realise how physically inactive I have become since Christmas & how I have also slipped back into poor eating habits. I have been allowing more carby food to creep in & have to recognise now with my inactivity that I must stick to a low carb daily calorie count of 800-900 calories at least during the week to have any hope of shedding any weight. It feels demoralising but I am going to try to exercise to my Jane Fonda dvd with my arm weights 2-3 times a week in between playing bowls & do my daily squats first thing in the morning. I’ve been sitting too much knitting hedgehogs & on my iPad with DuoLingo & must force myself to move & exercise more because I do not want to gain any more weight🙁🤔
    Margaret xx

• posted by LittleDrummerGirl
    on

Morning!
    Quick check-in from me, although somewhat late this week! Gained 0.6lb when I weighed on Tuesday after a meal out Friday night slid in to beer and junk food on the Saturday. Always the same, I glide along well for about 8 weeks then things begin to slip!

This week was going well until yesterday, when I seem to have gone completely on monkey tilt and spent the evening on the beer with a kebab! I massively regret the kebab as my stomach feels like a bucket of frogs this morning 😂

Right, I’m off for a facial and massage and need to have a word with myself. Feel free to give me a kick up the rear or words of wisdom to get me back on track – whichever seems more appropriate 😂

on

Hi all, like a lot of you I am up and down half a pound here and there. Still under 72kgs so not too worried. It is hubbys birthday today and I will be having a few glasses of sparkling wine but kept very low with food with 2 eggs for breakfast and a Purition shakes for lunch. Dinner will be sauteed filet mignon with leeks and apples in a creme fraiche sauce. Then I have made chocolate mousse from aquafaba and cocoa powder and vanilla, so no sugar at all. I will top it with chopped strawberries and flaked almonds.

We are having the roof cleaned today and you know the saying – you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs – well, I didn’t know the mess it would make but the moss and dirty water has to go somewhere. If the builder had just said to close our shutters. Now I have the whole house of windows and window sills to clean. I guess it will be a hosepipe job as I am not faffing around with window cleaner and cloths. Anyway, it is once is 18 years so we won’t have to worry about the next time if we are still here (alive). Hubby is blazing mad as our garage doesn’t have any inner covering and is just open rafters and the moss has managed to fall everywhere. Oh well, we have been saying for years we need to clear out the garage. The lad was not to know but we could have put down plastic sheeting.

Still hoping to get out in the garden if I can dodge the chemical spray that is raining down all around us. Have a good weekend.

on

Today 0.2 kg up after sharing a bottle of sparkling wine with hubby. Although we have a wedding anniversay coming up in April when I might do the same, I have 4 weeks to the cruise so I am going for it with renewed determination. Would like to lose 5lbs by then.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

SG hope your hubby has a lovely birthday, your menu sounds delicious! OO 4 weeks to Cruising! Am just a tad jealous lol. I was determined to book one for us this year but heyho, family events distracted that but am still looking as 2024 is not over ha…most seem to be going into ’25 now tho altho bargains may come yet…( i know it depends on when and where am thinking , too )

Just recovering after having grandson for over a week and on next weekend he arrives again as our 2 daughters taking my hubby to Poland to meet family he has not yet met, I volunteered grandkids watch…oops!
    I have been completely distracted watching youtube carnivore eating diets, its so much like low carb and high fats but don’t think I could just eat meat & dairy, fats etc every day but they seem to be adapting….umm but I have gleaned a couple of acceptable recipes I may try this week, especially, scotch eggs, which is just mince meat covered boiled eggs.
    Hope you all have a fab day and enjoy whatever you have planned xx

on

Hi all, 1960smp we were supposed to go on a 10 day cruise to Norway, Iceland and Northern Ireland in June last year but I had to have surgery so we had to cancel. When we looked for this year we didn’t want to spend quite so much so cut it down to 7 days and just Norway. Just a short taste of total luxury. Norway is so beautiful, especially the ffjords and mountains and waterfalls. Glad we didn’t book another Iceland trip as they are having lots of problems with volcanoes again. If you sign up with someone like P&O or MSC or whoever takes you fancy they will send you emails if there are any special offers. Usually you have to be able to go within a few weeks.

Had a naughty weekend so back on it with 4 weeks to go so I hope to lose 5lbs. We won’t be going to the April quiz and meal and we won’t be out celebrating our wedding anniversary. There is plenty of opportunity to live it up on the cruise so that is enough for me.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All, hope it’s ok to join back in after a break? Hope everyone’s ok,
    Tulip xx

• posted by LittleDrummerGirl
    on

Morning!
    Welcome back Tulip – of course it’s okay to rejoin after a break! Hope things are going okay for you.
    So, thought I’d report in before I forget this week! Week 12 was a loss of 2.8lb for me, which I’m happy with, especially after the beer and takeaway incident!
    Taking stock of my first 12 weeks and I feel relatively positive, although I do need to ensure my focus doesn’t slip as food tracking fatigue sets in! I’ve lost 32lb in those weeks and would like another 42lb off over the next 17 weeks before my summer holiday, then I can regroup and try for some more up to the end of the year. I’ll need to buckle down to achieve that as recent weeks have been a bit hit and miss!
    I’m away visiting family for a week from Thursday night, so will have a little break and then re-focus as quickly as possible when I’m back – I would love to not gain too much while I’m away, but I will just go with the flow and see what happens.
    I’ve also bought an air fryer – I need more veg in my diet and thought that might be an interesting way to try and achieve it! Now I need to find a decent low carb air fryer cookbook!
    Hope everyone has a good week and I’ll be back to report holiday impact in two weeks!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Excellent result LDG and it sounds like you are really focused and have a solid plan going forward.

Tulip, you are always welcome to come back … as is anyone else who has been ‘off piste’ and needs to get back on track. I’ve done so, so many times myself and found it always helps to become accountable again and get support from everyone here.

SG, I’m sure you’ll manage those 5lb in four weeks …. you’re very focused and generally very disciplined.

My result for this week is 1.5lb down, which for me is a good discard and leaves me 2.5lb from goal weight. We have 18 days until we set off on our next road trip to Turkiye so if I can maintain control, I should be able to get rid of those last extra pounds before we go.

Hope you have all had a good week, but if it hasn’t worked out too well, dust off and make today a fresh start. As SG says, keep on keeping on!

on

Yes wow to LDG. You certainly put in the effort.

I have lost 8lbs of the 10lb goal so I am not too bothered and looking forward to a new goal of 5 or 6lbs before our cruise in 4 weeks. Starting today at 72kgs.

Wendy, is today the last day of our 12 week reset. Is there going to be another thread.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi SG..Hi everyone
    Yes I will check later and update you all xx

on

Just back to answer LDG about an airfryer cookbook. Don’t. They ones currently available are rubbish and none that I know of that cater for our diet. Advice is type into google low carb airfryer recipes and, voila, you get loads, you can also ask it for specific ingredients like chicken, beef, vegetables etc. A good site is Eatingwell.com or Basicwithbails.com/popular/air-fryer-recipes. There are so many others like ketofocus.com. just put the 2 together, low carb and airfryer.

• posted by wendleg
    on

First of all WELCOME BACK Tulip/Clare ! Good to see you and hope things are more settled with you ?

So Today is March 26th and marks the end of our 12 week reset . I suggest we go on until next week when we will be into April and then I can start a new monthly thread .I can then continue until May 23rd when we go to Greece for 2 weeks

Does that sound OK with everyone ? I know there will be various events, cruises happening ?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello

Well done LDG brilliant result!

I lost a smidgeon under 8lbs, not the 12 I had as a goal. But, I seem to have ‘settled’ at the new lower weight for the last few weeks so hopefully it’s time for the body to move down again!

I took a look back at earlier ‘April’ threads and some that came up were….
    Aspirational April
    Awesome April
    I think my favourite from 2018 is
    ‘No April Fool , Low Carbs are Cool’

I’m sure there will be lots of other suggestions.

Looking forward to the new month, the clocks ‘springing forward’ and just the general ‘rebirth’ of the year.

• posted by Verano
    on

Keep meaning to say …. ‘Thank You’ Sunshine – girl!
    I read your post about freezing lemons after your daughter’s wedding. I have taken your advice and they are so much more juicy when they’re defrosted than any fresh lemon,
    A revelation… thank you!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just to say I like Vernon’s suggestion of ‘No April Fool, Low Carbs are Cool’ for the next thread … it gets my vote.

on

Vey happy to wait until April Fools Day, or poisson d’avril as we call it in France.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Wendy regarding the new thread. I also like Verano’s suggestion of No April Fool Low carbs are cool. I will weigh on Saturday & evaluate how I have done weight wise since January. Well done everyone who has lost weight. I’m a bit below par at the moment with a streaming head cold.
    Margaret

on

My set point at the moment seems to be 72kgs and I can’t seem to shift from that. I can take heart that several months ago it was 74kgs that I couldn’t get passed so hoping to move down to at least 71 in the next couple of weeks.

We have had a very expensive couple of weeks. Car service, €1500, roof cleaning and leak repair €2000 and yesterday the gardener at €200. Luckily this doesn’t happen often and the roof cleaning was planned for, unlike the car service which is normally around €500 but needed new tyres, brake pads and the timing belt changing – enough to last us the year we hope. We will have to tighten our belts until we come back from our holiday when we want a toilet fitting into the bathroom (the French don’t seem to put toilets in the bathroom but have then separate). We have 6 people coming in July so want it done by then. Luckily we have a good lad who only lives at the end of the road and he will come when we ask so will not be messed around by promises

Going to get some exercise done as it is raining so I cant get out into the garden yet.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good morning everyone. I have just weighed & lost 1/2lb & have just evaluated where I am at now since this twelve weeks end with a total loss of 4.5 lbs in weight. My last three months have been challenging with ups & downs associated for me with the awful grey weather we have had & my youngest sons contract difficulties & intermittent SAD which drains my energy & any motivation to keep battling on. However with the official start of British Summer Time tomorrow & eight weeks until my Seine cruise I am going to try to be much more focused & would like to lose at least eight pounds which would feel wonderful.
    Wendy, S-G Verano, SunnyB, LittleDrummerGirl, 1960smp & I apologise if I’ve forgotten anyone you have all done so well during the last twelve weeks managing your own ups & downs but sticking to this way of eating & losing weight 👏👏👏⭐️⭐️
    I’ve finally finished knitting my cotton summer jumper & knitting fluffy hedgehogs 🦔🦔 & successfully sold some on Thursday night at Knit & Natter to some four rather large tough looking gentleman at the social club who bought one each for their wives😂. It’s to raise money to save hedgehogs in our village & there will be two hedgehog talks by experts this month & I will be helping to serve teas & coffees at the main village hall talk. My eldest son, daughter in law & two granddaughters are on holiday to Vietnam via Singapore for three weeks that I envy them really loving Singapore when my husband & I had stopped over there for three days on the way to New Zealand & Australia. They work hard & this holiday was organised & paid for before Covid & now possible.
    I’m mostly recovered from a streaming head cold at the beginning of this week that my husband may now have caught. I haven’t been bowling this week and my first outing was to Knit & Natter. Easter will just be my husband & I & I’m Spring cleaning getting rid of dust & cobwebs & washing the inside of all the windows that first need the cluttered window sills cleared so a big exercise. I’m also trying to clear out my old shoes &sorting through old cosmetics & elderly unused creams etc.
    There is so much strife & war still ongoing demonstrating how much inhumanity is around the world that this thread seems a relative oasis of calm & helpful kindness to each other👍. Sorry to be philosophical & downbeat but little acts of kindness & charitable work do make a little difference & I think brings some joy to other people. I am going to choose to eat a chocolate Easter egg this weekend & will restart focusing on dieting next week. I am looking forward to an April challenge starting even though it will be rubbish rainy weather here all next week☔️. Let’s all put our best feet forward in April🌤️
    I hope you all have a very enjoyable & relaxing Easter weekend 🥚🐣🐥🍷😀
    Margaret xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Margaret, sorry the start of the year has been so tough for you, but well done on not giving up and achieving a loss despite the adversity. I too have a problem with SAD, I’ve had a daylight lamp for several years and I’m sure it helps. It helps to have something lovely to look forward too and a cruise on the Seine falls into that category. I’m sure with a refocus at the beginningnif April, you’ll be ditching a few more pounds before your cruise.

We adore Singapore too, it was part of our honeymoon, which so far we have been lucky enough to redo every five years – three years to wait for our next visit there.

I’m hopeful of getting a bit of gardening done this weekend, but of course it’s weather dependent – will need to dodge the showers.

Have a lovely Easter everyone 🐰🐣🥚🌸

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Happy Easter everyone!
    Margaret, you are not philosophical or downbeat, it is literally the acts of kindness and care and willingness to act on behalf of others that make us human, so thank you for talking about it! I hope your local hedgehogs are helped by your kind efforts.
    And, tomorrow we will say, He is Risen!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you SunnyB & Californiagirl for your kind words. It was lovely & sunny here in West Sussex yesterday & after having our usual Saturday morning coffee & chatting with our neighbours & anyone who passes in their front garden my husband & I sat in our front garden with a glass of wine 😀🌝. My SAD lamp will certainly be on tomorrow & next week because we are predicted rain every day ☔️☔️ however I am looking forward to the lighter evenings now the clocks have changed despite losing an hours sleep last night😂. We are off to buy bird seed from our local garden centre to fill our bird feeders 🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛& are still hopeful that BlueTits might decide this year to choose our nesting box!
    Happy Easter everyone
    Margaret xx

on

Hi all, glad you are feeling more positive Margaret (Wendy1947). I am on the up and have lost half a pound since Tuesday and it is not yet the end of the week. Exercising every other day with arm weights on the days inbetween. I am trying to do facial yoga to try to get the swelling in my neck down but it can still be a bit painful – just a bit – so I am sticking to every other day.

I love Sundays, just had a bacon, black pudding, egg, mushroom and canned tomato brunch. Done the Sunday crossword, although we couldn’t get going this week. Today is finances for the month and start a new spreadsheet. Hubby bought himself an Easter Egg as normal and I had one of the mini eggs that came with it. Sun is shining but it is quite cold at 14 degrees so leaving garden a couple of more days.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Please log in or register to post a reply.