Making walking more enJOYable

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Just spent some soon to be expired airmiles on a pair of good binoculars.

It reminded me that some people had commented that just going walking without a destination didn’t seem very interesting.

That’s why i bought the binoculars …. i thought wouldn’t it be nice to to a little bird and wildlife watching? Or enjoy the various views from the top of a hill?

Love to hear any other ideas on who to make just walking more interesting???

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

I think a book of walks can make them more enjoyable going out to look at or for stuff.
    I find taking the children for a walk in the forest is good- although they get way more exercise from it than I do!
    I do think just going for a walk can be challenging- but if you pick a distance or time for the walk (say 30 mins) it gives it some purpose. That does involve route planning.
    Some apps can make walking more fun- The Walk a fitness tracker app is quite good as is Zombies run, as they both have a story that interacts with your walk or run/jog on Zombies which can also be done as a run and is a good C25K app.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi …. i am up in the middle of the night here … went to bed and got up again!!

Actually your suggestions are very good for me because i am very close to the forest … and some rivers … right on the shores of Lake Superior! Lots of interesting sites to see … could even take a short bus ride where our city is really building up the lakefront area.

Thanks HUGS 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.