Making walking more enJOYable

• posted by shalimar
    on

Just spent some soon to be expired airmiles on a pair of good binoculars.

It reminded me that some people had commented that just going walking without a destination didn’t seem very interesting.

That’s why i bought the binoculars …. i thought wouldn’t it be nice to to a little bird and wildlife watching? Or enjoy the various views from the top of a hill?

Love to hear any other ideas on who to make just walking more interesting???

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

I think a book of walks can make them more enjoyable going out to look at or for stuff.
    I find taking the children for a walk in the forest is good- although they get way more exercise from it than I do!
    I do think just going for a walk can be challenging- but if you pick a distance or time for the walk (say 30 mins) it gives it some purpose. That does involve route planning.
    Some apps can make walking more fun- The Walk a fitness tracker app is quite good as is Zombies run, as they both have a story that interacts with your walk or run/jog on Zombies which can also be done as a run and is a good C25K app.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi …. i am up in the middle of the night here … went to bed and got up again!!

Actually your suggestions are very good for me because i am very close to the forest … and some rivers … right on the shores of Lake Superior! Lots of interesting sites to see … could even take a short bus ride where our city is really building up the lakefront area.

Thanks HUGS 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.