Maintenance – is it easier? Do you think your insulin sensitivity has changed?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kiwispot
    on

Would be really interested to hear from those of you who have completed the 8 weeks, how you are finding your body responds once you introduce carbs again. Have you noticed a difference?

I am currently in week 4 – lost 4 Kg in 2 weeks then no weight loss for 13 days – I think because I added veggie’s higher in carbs for variety and this has stopped the weight loss even though sticking around 800. So I guess I am wondering if I will handle the carbs better after 8 weeks.

Thanks everyone.

• posted by Bre123
    on

I haven’t completed the eight weeks yet, 7 weeks tomorrow for me and so far 23 lbs lost. Throughout this diet I have stuck to the 800 cals per day (some days I have a few less and some days a few more but it always averages out over the week) and the other rules. I have oats for breakfast with milk or yoghurt and seeds then I have a large mixed salad (green leaves, beetroot, carrot, onion, tomato & pepper with some measured protein (chicken, prawns, beetroot, yoghurt & sesame dip) for lunch. For dinner I have been having normal homemade family meals, bolognaise, shepherds pie, broth, curry, etc. but just with veg for me, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice or other grains. I haven’t worried about what type of vegetables I have been eating, I just try to get a good variety but I don’t eat any fruit. I’m not on any medication for my diabetes so I don’t have to worry about that. I’m going to try and continue with the diet (after a break as I’m on holiday) as I still have 2 stone to loose but I do worry about maintenance – hopefully I will be able to stick to the foods I’m eating, just eat a little more of them. My weight seemed to stick around week 4 but I just kept going and drank loads of water and it started shifting again – the second 4 weeks have been much easier for me and the weight loss has been very consistent around 3.5 lbs per week. Hopefully, the weight loss will sort itself out for you as your body adjusts.

• posted by PTman
    on

Like Kiwispot I too would be very interested to hear from those who have completed the 8 weeks and then re-introduced carbs. My wife and I have been doing this diet together and are now in the middle of the 5th week. Weight loss for me so far is 14 pounds whilst for her its 10 pounds. We are really missing bread and potatoes (i.e. the taste, rather than us being very hungry) and I’m fairly sure we’ll need to be careful with how much carb we re-introduce. We aren’t either diabetic or pre-diabetic and have done this because we are overweight. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• posted by Kiwispot
    on

Wow Bre123 – you have done well. Thanks for letting me know what you are eating. I am going to try a few days with much fewer carbs and see if I can kick start the weight loss, plus added HIT to my exercise this week. Really appreciate the encouragement… Hoping my 4-8th week are easier too!. Have a great holiday and good luck for getting to your goal weight. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Pitman – good luck to you both, sounds like you are both doing really well so far. ๐Ÿ˜œ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi kiwi, although I have finished the 8 weeks i am continuing for a while longer while slowly building the calories. I doubt I will go back to eating carbs the way I used to – it clearly didn’t do me any good. In future things like potatoes will be a very rare treat same with rice just a small spoon of brown rice with a curry, but feel i do t need it as i like the gram flour flatbreads ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi PTman have you tried the chickpea flour flatbreads? Very like indian flat breads. Would that float your boat? ๐Ÿ™‚ recipe is on this website – you could have one between you cut into strips with a dip and crudites

Please log in or register to post a reply.