Maintaining weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zelda247
    on

I don’t have an issue with weight but would like to know is there a maintenance BSB diet. Also I would like my husband to adapt this type of diet but he needs to put on weight so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

type maintenance into the search at the top of the page, there are several people who have reached goal weight and are looking to maintain. If you have followed the BSD then you should find it quite easy to switch to either the 5:2 of the Mediterranean which are variations of the BSD.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

You’re in the right place, the way of life forum is for those people who don’t want to lose weight, but want to keep eating healthily. For your husband, if he needs to put weight on, then include more of the carbs in his diet, but at the healthier end of the spectrum, such as proper wholemeal bread, buckwheat or rye bread, sweet potatoes, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, lentils and chickpeas etc. Also make sure you are both getting plenty of protein, and healthy fats like avocado, olive oil or butter. Make yourself familiar with both of your normal total daily energy expenditure figures and use these as a guide to portion sizes. Don’t worry too much about limiting carbs as you will be getting most of them from good sources, although it is probably a good idea to stay under 100g if you can. That is what I am trying to do at the moment, even if this is only a ‘maintenance month’ until after Christmas when I reckon I have one stone more I’d like to lose over the next few months.

• posted by Zelda247
    on

Thank you so much, that’s very helpful indeed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.