Lunches on the go

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Vanessa1
    on

Help does anyone have good ideas for lunches on the go, as my husband is a driver and is needing packed lunches that can be prepared for his day and fit into this way of eating.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi vanessa, welcome to the forums!

Some suggestions :

The courgette bhajis from this website make an easy packed lunch and are just as nice cold.

Frittata

Slices of good ham spread with cream cheese and rolled up in a lettuce leaf.

Dips with crudites

The no carb ploughmans

Any kind of salad (egg, cheese, ham, chicken, tuna, bean) in a container

Some cheese, celery and apple.

Flask of home made soup

Hope that helps. 🙂

• posted by Venusflytrap
    on

We do a nice coleslaw. Chop the white cabbage finely and add grated carrot, grated onion, a little chopped apple. Then additions can include celery and walnuts; peanuts; chunky chopped chicken, or other cold meat. The dressing can be any combination of yogurt, Mayo, or salad cream loosened with a little low fat salad dressing. It is surprisingly filling.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That sounds delicious, venusflytrap 🙂

• posted by Vanessa1
    on

thank you for the good ideas, please add any more is you have any.

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

Chicken cooked, in a little mayonnaise with some lemon juice, black pepper, spring onions. Little gem lettuce leaves as cups to eat from.
    Soup is good too if you have a thermos tub to keep it warm, with the gram flour flatbreads.
    I like eggs, salad leaves, houmous and crudités too.

• posted by Syb
    on

I was looking on the recipe list for a crust less quiche with veggies, figuring I could make it on the weekend and just have a slice every day or lunch. None there, so going to the source of all knowledge Google.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Maybe look for Frittata, I now some folk love them on here.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi syb, if you have a pan which can go on the hob and under the grill/in the oven a fritatta is perfect:

Fry some onion, pepper, garlic (veg of your own choice ).
    When it is soft stir in a goid handful of rocket
    Then add beaten eggs, quick stir
    When half cooked place under grill to cook the top

Simples! And fast! 🙂

• posted by Jennis
    on

Hi Syb. Try putting some asparagus, or broccoli, and a lilltle bit of feta or goats cheese in some greased muffin tins, cover with beaten egg and bake until set. Easy to transport and perfect with some salad.

Please log in or register to post a reply.