Lunches for veggie working girls

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amandalovescharlie
    on

Hi new to the forum and wondered if anyone could direct me on lunchtime recipes? I work full time and need recipes which are quick to prepare. The 8 week blood sugar diet book has a very limited choice for people who prefer veggies to meat/fish. Many thanks ☺

• posted by maisiesmum
    on

Hi Amandalovescharlie
    I also am a non-meat eater, I usually make my pack up the evening before such as: assorted chopped salads with cottage cheese or boiled eggs or feta, few olives. Tinned drained lentils or chick peas or other legumes made into a salad with similar additional protein or cold quorn sausages. I add something interesting like rocket, grated beetroot, pickles. Homemade hummus with veggie sticks for dipping, falafels, quorn or Linda Mc Cartney items marinated in tandoori flavourings then baked ( I just mix tandoori powder with plain yog) I make a crustless quiche with beaten egg, fromage frais or yog, seasoning and a selection of sauteed veg cut small (today we had loads of peppers and mushrooms to eat up so used them) bake it in a one person lasagne dish bought from Poundland and take it in the dish! I like zingy food so often add capers, olives, gherkins to meals for flavour. Hope that helps.
    Sometimes I have enough of the previous evenings meal to warm up like a veggie curry or take homemade soup which I make loads of and freeze. I usually add a yogurt, a piece of fruit to ensure I’m full!

on

Hi maisiesmum
    Thank you for your lunch ideas. I was feeling a bit daunted as to where to start, but you’ve given me some good suggestions. I only need to lose about 7lbs but as I’m only short any weight gain seems to be really noticeable, especially on my thighs 😕. Have you been on this diet for long and how have you found it works for you?

• posted by maisiesmum
    on

Hi Amandalovescharlie
    Well…..the first time we followed the 8 week plan I weighed and measured EVERYTHING we ate and drank and I lost almost 2 stone, my husband lost around1.5 stone. The problem was we slipped into old ways when we should have made the no carb way a way of life for good. So, now we are trying to ditch the carbs, keep an eye on calories to make it a way of life forever. Our weight loss will be slower but that’s ok. Neither of us are diabetic BUT both my parents were and my mother in law is, and we feel it’s inevitable unless we lose a significant amount of weight. Made the thai curry again yesterday (from the book) and used chunks of roast tofu as the protein, yummy. I have cleared the cupboards of anything which is a no no, that said the few nuts for ‘occasional nibbles’ have had a bit of a hit so trying to not get dependent on them. Bought a 1l water bottle and having at least 2 a day, it really does keep me full.(And I know where all the public loos are now!)

on

Hi maisiesmum, that sounds a sensible plan, the gradual long-term approach. My hubby is slimming to but he’s following a different plan to me as I haven’t been able to convert him to this diet plan. My biggest downfall is ice cream and biscuits. I have some every night and then feel drained for an hour due to what I now know to be the high carb content come down. This is my first night without eating either. So far I’m not climbing the walls with cravings ☺ lol. Good luck and keep me updated on how you are doing. Amanda

Please log in or register to post a reply.