Low weight loss…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chilliwitch
    on

Diagnosed as diabetic in June, immediately reduced carbs then found the blood sugar diet. Bought the books and started the plan now on week 7.
    Good news – I am no longer diabetic, only just pre-diabetes. One point lower will take me back to normal range. So the programme works for blood sugars…..
    However, I have only lost 3.5 kilos and I expected more from such a calorie restricted diet, especially as I’m a good 30 kg overweight.
    Any advice and what do I do when the 8 weeks is up?

• posted by JGwen
    on

I would suggest checking on measurements. – The scales are not everything.

Our bodies can change shape without the scales budging – during one month I managed to drop a dress size but only lost 1kg according to the scales. It also isn’t necessarily our waist and hip measurements that change first. I found the bloated look of my face and legs changed before any change of my waist and hip measurements.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Chilliwitch. What great news about your diabetic status! There are many experienced BSDers
    on these forums, and I’m certain that we can shed some light on why your weight loss has been
    slow. However, without additional information about how you are approaching your macros, it
    would be little more than speculation. We’re here to help..just need more info!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Chilliwitch – great news about your diabetes, so obviously you made some significant progress. As Allie says, knowing more about your macros would help, but it might be that you need to drop you carb intake a bit more, to help with the weight loss. Good hydration is also very important, so if in doubt have another glass of water or a cup of tea. JGwen is right that it is important to look for the non-scales victories too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.