Losing inches, not weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cassiopeia28
    on

Hi, my partner and I have been on the 800 BSD for 18 days now.
    My partner (DT2) has lost over 3 inches from his waist measurement, but the scales aren’t reflecting any loss at all!
    Is this normal?
    Thanks
    Cass 😊

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Yes, don’t worry about it. Google “whoosh effect” and all will be clear. All the same it’s a long time without the scales shifting- perhaps double check that your calories and carbs measurements are accurate. What level of carbs is he aiming for? It could be he needs to go lower for maximum impact. I and some others feel we need to restrict to 20g a day.
    How are you getting on?
    Maggie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello there, Cass, and welcome to the community! There are many experienced BSDers on these
    threads, and I’m confident that we will be able to help your partner start shifting pounds. Unless
    we have more information on how you all are going about reaching your goals however, it would
    simply be speculation on our part. Are you weighing and measuring, counting calories and carbs?
    What are your macros, i.e., grams of protein and grams of carbs and grams of fat? I’m guessing
    that a little tweaking of these will be the answer. Are you drinking 2-3 liters of water each day?
    And lastly, does your partner have any other health issues or is he on any meds? A lot of questions
    I know, but we’re all eager to help 🙂

Best of luck to you both!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.