ketosos

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by me too
    on

Im on the diet to loose weight (Im not diabetic) also supporting my Husband who is type 2
    Week 2 and have got into the swing of things and lost 8llbs Using my husbands blood test monitor I did a blood test crikey ! it said 15.5 and ketosis was flashing … should I be worried ??

my husband has slightly reduced his metformin by just half tablet for the last 2 days and his readings today are 8.5. . prior to this he had for a whole week readings of 6-7 did he reduce too soon ? thankyou all

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Do not worry, as you are not diabetic your blood glucose will go up and down all over the place but your body is quite capable of making the right adjustments. Maybe it is a bit too soon for your husband to reduce his Metformin. I would suggest he get his bloods down to around 5 or 6 and then cut it by half – tell him not to worry as it all takes time but to watch his numbers carefully. If it was up at 8.5 post overnight fasting i.e. from dinner to breakfast, then he might want to look up the Dawn Phenomenon where the liver things you are starving and pumps out glycogen during the night giving a false high. If this is the case then a small snack before bed does the trick. Something BSD friendly like ham, cheese or chicken. Well done to you for supporting your husband and well done to him for having the courage to do this diet – it is not easy but it works.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done on your weight loss, Me Too. Good luck to both of you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.