Ketosis question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meredex
    on

Evening All, it’s my first post (taking the plunge). Day 3 for me. The fog has lifted at last, thanks to plenty of water. I have followed a low carb diet before (it rhymes with fatkins). This diet seems very similar. Is the aim of this diet to get into ketosis also? I can’t find a mention of it in the book? Thanks x

• posted by Fch53
    on

Hi Meredex
    There is no mention of ketosis in the book, and I am not sure it the calories are low enough. No expert as I am day 3 as well, but think the aim is to reduce your blood sugar by only eating slow release carbs and even limited those this getting your liver and other organs concerned with the processing of food to work properly. The concept is we eat way too many easy digestive carbs these days, bread, sugar, pasta, etc and it is making us ill.

How are you finding day 3?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

The key to ketosis seems to be carbs rather than cals and 50g is around the limit to achieving it. Some of us in the forums count carbs instead of cals and do test for ketosis but neither of these things are the priorities for Dr Mosley in the fast 800. His objective is only to help people lose weight quickly and, for people who are T2 ir pre-T2, to start correcting blood sugars levels.

Please log in or register to post a reply.