Keeping calm and carrying on – my low-carb maintenance journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Blue

I see from your results you are doing a great job. Doesn’t it feel satisfying, unlike any weight loss I have worked at in the past. I’ve just completed 29 weeks, lost 18kg and in normal range BMI so I, like Lynne, am experimenting with the wriggle room thing. A few more kg down if and when, or not. Pressure is off and a feeling of staying this way permanently is with me every day. That normal in your head you mentioned. If I suck the abdominals in now, there is bone, right there near the surface.

N.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Christi

I’m still using the chia mix but dialled back the psyllium, I find I am experimenting with all sorts at the mo, a veritable laboratory rat.
    In the past I tried Tumeric as Blue mentioned….however for me it was dynamite. Once tried never forgotten.
    N.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

Yes, contacts do weigh less๐Ÿ˜€

I prefer the photo that was published. I liked the skirt, but not the blouse – think it was the colour! It was a really pale pink – seen it a lot in the shops since!

Still trying to decide where to put the photos!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I had my colours analysed years ago (I’m a winter) and might decide to treat myself to the full package – colour analysis, style analysis and make-up lesson. Feels like I need some good advice to kick-start my new wardrobe. It’s really difficult knowing what suits me after all these years ๐Ÿ˜ฑI just feel so out of touch with clothes!

I’ll try to post the photos on here tomorrow. I did post the before photos a few weeks ago.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Lynne

It may be interesting if you have changed from winter to something else, skin and hair tone change with ‘maturity.’ It may well be worth the full works to make you look as good as you feel.

Get the tinted lenses so to see the world through rose-coloured…..

N.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Captainlynne, maybe the Daily Mail would sponsor a ‘makeover’ for you as a follow-up to the BSD articles. It would be another piece and would appeal to their readership, for sure. They could probably get some fashion, perfume and make-up ads off the back of it. Even fancy glasses frames companies might advertise before you move over to contact lenses.

If you have a contact number for them or can get in touch with someone, it might be worth asking. Nothing ventured, nothing gained…

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

When I first had colours done, was winter. A few years later I had them done again because the system had been ‘fine tuned’ – I was still basically a winter, but they had additional sub-groups. My hair colour and skin tone haven’t changed in many years. So I would imagine I”m still a winter – just can’t remember the sub-groups. And of course the system may have been refined further. Need a refresher course on it all – colours, style and make-up ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Love the idea of tinted lenses ‘to see the world through rose-coloured …..’ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Snoop – thanks for that thought. It took a lot for me to take part in the original article, but I did it to play my small part in demonstrating the benefits of the BSD to a wider audience. It was about the BSD , Dr Mosley, and Prof Taylor – not about me, I was just a case-study.

I don’t think I would feel comfortable taking part in an article where the focus was more on me. As I’ve said – I’m struggling to decide where to put the photos. I don’t want them in my lounge. Perhaps on the stairs – but visitors would still see them. So possibly my bedroom. Part of me just wants to put them in a drawer! Perhaps what it boils down to is that I spend a great part of my life in front of people and I value my privacy.

Hope that makes sense.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Weigh this morning showed a pound gain (9.3 again) – but I expected it because I didn’t eat until late last night. Strange what affects the scales๐Ÿ˜ฑ I’ve noticed before that if I eat or drink late at night the scales reflect that next morning. Obvious, really!

Was very busy yesterday. A Macmillan Coffee Morning at church raised over ยฃ100. Nearly all the cakes were sold. I bought jam and marmalade for my family ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Then I was dealing with some finance matters with someone for hours – that took me past my usual meal time.

Was trying to decide if I’m going out today but don’t really need anything and I’m really tired so will probably stay in. See how I feel after more coffee!

Really need to sort my wardrobe out again. Dispose of the unwearable items – lots have already gone in the charity bags that come through the door. A skirt (possibly two) needs taking in. I might even try to alter my favourite top that is now a few sizes too big! But my poor wardrobe is looking quite bare again๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Whatever you are doing, have a great day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

whit wooooo, sexy lady. I love the red dress but really like you in the skirt and blouse, you are our pinup girl

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You look great LYNNE. ..I love that dress anyway,but youre incredibly trim in the skirt and blouse,not a lump or bump anywhere!i bet you felt a million dollars!
    Treat yrself,get the colours done,make up,perfume,hair,anything you fancy,you deserve it all x
    Do you feel youve saved money over the last year with yr grocery bills? I am spending a lot less but i feel i spend a fair amount on Total Yoghurt..its not cheap but I love it..i think having something creamy to look forward to has kept me on track. I must try the Aldi and Lidl greek yogs as ive heard on here they are cheaper..does anyone know if theyre as creamy and thick as Total FF? I know tesco and MnS greek yog isnt as thick..its more like Mr Whippy ice cream and quite delish!
    Going to a Food Fair tomoz but wont buy any goodies for me,will just feast my eyes! Maybe buy a healthy treat or two for DD and SIL …some good honey,cheese etc

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks *blush*

sunshine-girl -I liked the skirt, but not fond of the colour of the blouse. It was a very, very pale pink. Colour that seems to be in the shops at the moment.

Yowzer – the money I saved on food has been spent on clothes๐Ÿ˜ฑ Its likely to be early next year before I go to get my colours done again. I can get colour analysis, style analysis and makeup lesson all together – takes 5 hours. A shopping service is also available – you’re taken shopping and the stylist finds the clothes for you to try. Says no obligation to buy, but I’m not convinced! I thought that getting it all done in one day made sense, practically and financially. But I’m busy for the rest of this year, so a treat for early 2017 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ But I do have the appointment to see about contact lenses on Wednesday!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Enjoy the food fair. If I go anywhere like that it’s the cheese I head for ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Or cooked meat, or olives. I agree that M&S Greek yogurt is delish๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Avila
    on

I had my colours done as part of ‘valuing myself’ as ‘homework’ in therapy after a breakdown. It was very enlightening,

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Yowser, Lidl greek yogurt (not the low fat, although that is still nice) is creamy and lush, love it. Only ยฃ1.38 for a large bucket!! I recommend you try it. I find it very filling as well, so a little goes a long way.

• posted by Frog
    on

hi
    it was Lidl yogurt that my Turkish friend said he likes best (when I was talking to him in amazement about the vast array of yogurt choices in a Turkish supermarket) – and he is a bit of a foodie, imports his on amazing olives and olive oil from his own groves in Turkey and Cyprus.
    I also had a nice one from Morrisons – Lancashire Farm Greek Style Yogurt ยฃ2 for a litre

I think the photo in the shirt and skirt is lovely too Lynne

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Frog

All this talk of yogurt – I’ll have to explore the shelves when I’m back in Italy in a few weeks to see what is available there. I’m waiting for another shopping list from my son. My list includes more good Parmesan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

After reading comments I’m starting to change my mind about the skirt and blouse! But I did like the skirt on the day – it was just the colour of the blouse ๐Ÿ˜ณ Seeing it through the eyes of others has helped. Many thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I’m also Winter, Lynne, and therefore should be able to have both white or pale pink next to my face.

However for some reason I think neither helps my face/hair combination – don’t feel comfortable – so try and have both colours but with a darker jacket/piece of knitwear – or conceivably scarf – as contrast.

I also think you look good in the skirt/blouse, but perhaps the very pale pink would feel better with darker cardi?

Love the sound of your colour analysis treat! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Lynne

Although the skirt and blouse are very nice I think the red dress is stunning! Must be nice to wear a dress as well when you wear skirt and blouse every working day!!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Igorasusual *waves*

I think that after they sub-divided the original four seasons some of the colours changed slightly. My work blouses are white – although now there is a ‘mid-week blouse’ that’s pastel blue๐Ÿ˜ƒ (Love it!) – but my cardigan and jacket are navy.

Somehow I’ve never got into the habit of wearing a scarf although I know it’s a good way of putting a colour near my face.

Hi Verano *waves*

It felt strange to be in a dress. For far too many years I’ve lived in separates (whether skirts or trousers). Partly because it was difficult to find a dress that fitted properly and partly financially- I could get more use/variety out of separates.

It seems that the more I write on here at the moment, the more I realise how much I’ve changed over the last nine months. Ok, I’ve seen my weight and shape change – that’s the obvious part. What I’d not thought about is the way my attitude towards clothes etc has changed. After many years, I’m interested in clothes again. I had completely lost my way regarding what I wore. I’d had my colours done and a style class and tried to stick with what I learned. But at my starting weight it seemed pointless. I’d stopped wearing any makeup years ago – why bother! Now it feels the right time to start to change things.

One advantage of waiting for the make-over is that it’s an incentive (if I needed another one) to keep the weight off. So it’s baby steps for now.

First – see about the contact lenses. Start wearing makeup again (in easy stages so I don’t shock anyone LOL).

It seems reasonable not to invest much money in clothes at the moment – until my weight/size stabilises. And so I don’t make any expensive mistakes. I’ll aim to get the makeover appointment for early next year – then it will be time for shopping ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I might even go down the ‘personal shopper’ route.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne, igorasusual, Verano and everyone else!

I had my colours done years ago and I was winter, I remember just before I had it done, I was at work with a gold coloured top on, I had worn it a few times, and after a while I realised every time I wore it people would ask if I was ok, or are you under the weather! Then I realised it was the gold top!
    Needless to say I didn’t wear the top again!

Verano, ( I think!) I bought some of the turmeric tablets from the online store you mentioned and I haven’t had half as much pain since! So they obviously work! If it’s not you I’m sorry, however thank you if it was and thank you to whoever it was, if it wasn’t you!

I am away from tomorrow for a week but I will be taking my iPad and will hopefully be able to ‘watch’ what is going on on the forum., I will post on my back to basics thread in the morning, hopefully if I have time, about my progress this last week.
    Good luck to everyone with your weight loss, onwards and downwards!
    Christine.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Christi

It was me I’m afraid I keep banging the drum for Turmeric.

So glad they are working for you they are certainly working for me. I’m sorry I didn’t keep a log of my aches so I could now look back and see how bad I was! I don’t think you have been taking them very long but I do think they have a cumulative effect so hopefully you will improve even more in the weeks/months to come.

Enjoy your week away.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

That’s exactly why I don’t like most of the colours in the shops at the moment!

I can access these forums off my iPad, most of my posts are done on it. Going somewhere nice?

Verano (and Christine) are those turmeric tablets the ones with black pepper? I think I found the right site, just want to check. Christine, could you email me the details please.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    I have never liked autumn colours, so like you I don’t like anything in the shops with those awful muddy colours, it’s miserable enough in winter why would you want to wear dull colours? Give me bright happy colours any day!!!

It’s whether I have a connection and have the time while I am lazing by the pool!!!!! I’m sure there will be opportunity to catch up with the forum.
    Christine.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Verano,
    Thank you so much for the recommendation, I have been so much better on the turmeric tablets, I will never fully get rid of the pain, as it’s a damaged sciatic nerve, I take two amytriptyline every night and one (can’t remember the name) tablet in morning, my doctor has only just changed it because of the pain I was in, they didn’t work!
    So a Big thank you for recommending them, they are a miracle cure for me.
    Christine.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine
    I’m with you on that ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This year’s colours seem to have been the autumn ones since this time last year๐Ÿ˜ฑ Give me what I know as Chinese Blue or a nice bluey-pink, even a nice bluey-red. Nice and bright. Not yellow, or orange. *thinks* not even seen any coloured tights for ages!

Enjoy your trip๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Christine and Verano

Tablets ordered. Many thanks.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Lynne

Yes the turmeric is with ‘pepper’ and the company just sells vitamins!

Good luck with them they certainly seem to be helping Christine and they have definitely help both myself and my OH.

Give them a go !

• posted by Verano
    on

Your welcome Christine ! Can’t keep a good thing to yourself would be naughty!

• posted by shalimar
    on

wow …. i’ll have to try turmeric as well.

I was on amytriptyline as well … for depression … mainly my depression was from constant pain — not a great deal of pain all the time …. but constant pain … wit my feet, bad knee, bad ankle and sciatic nerve stuff, and then possible TMJ. Sciatic nerve stuff was real bad for 2 years …. and then something the chiropractor did eased that off!

Turmeric … sounds like something to try.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Cpt Lynne
    I’ve just checked out the skirt picture, it’s lovely, quite stunning really, people who have not seen you in a while must be suprised when they see you now. What a lovely colour too, it will never date in the fashion stakes. The line is great. As you say, once upon a time not so very long ago, considering the finer points of fashion didn’t take up a lot of space in my brain. It does now. I have to retry all sorts before I go out, not knowing what fits and what doesn’t. The OP SHOP box is bulging. I can do all of the blouses up with room to spare. They are no longer “goes-overs”….undone over a tee shirt was the look for years. If I wanted to I could peg great chunks together down the back like they do on shop window mannequins.

Why a pastel blue blouse for you mid week, by choice or different role that day?
    N.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle *waves*

I’be had those “goes-overs” in the past too!

Funny you should say about pegging clothes at the back – guess what someone had done before some of the photos!

Don’t really know why the pastel blue blouse was introduced a few years ago. I’ve always liked it and could now get one in my size – they’re a more fitted style than our normal white blouses. But now I can get one in a smaller size, they’ve started to make them up to a size 26๐Ÿ˜ฑ Oh well!!! I think they’re less formal than the white blouses, less ‘severe’. Which I wear depends on what I’m doing that day.

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Well done Captainlynne I am so pleased for you, you have done fantastic. This is the first time I have been on this site for months as I have been on a maintenance plan. Like you I am 66 and , 5’2″ and got down to 9st 6lb which was the lowest I had ever been in my life. I have managed very well to maintain my weight and blood sugars in the normal range but after being away most of summer and just returned from holiday have slipped and put on 5lbs. Needless to say I am determined to get back on track as this way of eating makes me feel better than I have been for years. To all the people just starting, do keep going you will find its the best thing you have done but you will have a few challenges on the way, good luck.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Shadow2

Good to hear that you’ve maintained through the summer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

That 5 pounds will soon disappear when you get back on track. Possibly even with interest!

Please keep posting your progress.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Next bit of the ‘new’ me today. I went to the optician to find out if I could wear contact lenses. I used to wear gas permeable ones years ago, but my eyes became very dry and I had to stop.

After she checked, I only need one contact lens – for distance. My other eye hardly needs any correction for reading. So I was sent out for a walk with the lens in. And I didn’t fall over! A practice taking it out, then putting one in and I came home with a free 14-day trial of soft contact lenses. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Got to go back in 14 days to tell her if this suits me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It will be well tested, because I have a few days away at a conference at the end of next week! Decided on daily disposables rather than monthly ones – just more convenient.

Needed something to give me a boost today. Yesterday someone was telling me I’ve lost too much weight ๐Ÿ˜ฑ She is 95 though! I happily told the group that I’d done it under medical supervision and am happily where the medics want me to be ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Last Saturday I’d gained a pound. Today I’ve lost 3 pounds. Weight today is 9 stone exactly. That means I’ve lost 7 stone (98 pounds or 44.5kg) along this journey.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

*Picks jaw up off the ground*๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Today I finally managed to get some clothes – in a couple of charity shops. I’m finally getting the confidence to go straight to the size 12s. So, what did I buy?

Two skirts, two tops and a cardigan. And – wait for it – *drumroll* – a pair of jeggings! Me, who was never planning to buy jeans but now has two pairs (now too big!, now has a pair of denim jeggings!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

And even more than that! When I picked up one of the skirts, I thought it was a 12. When I got it home and just tried it on (it fits) its a size 10! Me, in a size 10 pencil skirt!๐Ÿ˜ƒ I knew the cardigan was a 10 (yes, it fits) but I bought it because it goes really well with the pencil skirt! So I took the chance๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Why the mad shopping excursion? I’m away tomorrow until late Saturday. A conference with early starts and late finishes. Travelling across tomorrow, meeting a friend (who hasn’t seen me since before I started the BSD) and might do some more shopping.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril captain Lynne, such an amazing example of the wonder of this plan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ๐Ÿ”Ÿ. Yeaaaaa delighted for you x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well, I’m back from 2 nights in a hotel for the conference. Early starts and late finishes meant I ate breakfast earlier than usual and ate later than usual in the evening. And breakfast at the hotel was continental rather than my usual cooked breakfast. But it did offer sliced meats and cheeses, boiled eggs, tomatoes and cucumber as well as the usual breads and pastries (I’d checked before I booked).

As the days were longer and meals further apart, I packed some nuts, and I’m glad I did.

Thursday night I bought a salad from Pret A Manger – I seem to do that a lot when I travel – then Friday night I ate out! Unusual for me. I’d checked the local eating places and narrowed it down to two – Carluccios (Italian) that did a nice salad, or a burger place where you could have the burger without the bun, but with a side salad instead. I decided on the burger – it was time to eat and I was both tired and hungry.

I had a burger, with blue cheese. It came with tomato and onion, but I asked for avocado as an extra. The side salad was basically a bowl of leaves! Not worth eating. It was ok. But I’d not go there again. Service not good. They seemed to find it strange I was eating alone๐Ÿ˜ฑ

So, how did the weight go? On Thursday, the day I travelled, I was 9.1. Today I’m back down to 9 stone ๐Ÿ˜ƒSo I’m happy.

Now I need to catch up on sleep before I go back to Italy in about 10 days

Should add that my colleagues who hadn’t seen me for a few months were surprised. Lots of questions. Checking I’ve been seeing medical professionals. Asking about the BSD then saying why they can’t do it! One goes to SW.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi CaptainLynne

I’ve been off the air for 9 days on a sunny beach holiday with two nearby huge malls begging for shoppers. We did justice to both. I walked 10 to 12 km a day, swam, worked on the outdoor gym equipment set out along the prom. Many steps logged in the malls. My body clock kept me 3 hours ahead therefore I woke every morning at 3.15, sun was up soon after, the walks started by 5am with a brilliant pink sunrise for inspiration. Early to bed at the end of the day and sleeping well.

The good news is that on weigh in this morning at home, no loss, no gain. I think that spells MAINTAINENCE. I didn’t count, ate well,
    enjoyed everything but stayed on plan. I think that is the value of my extending the 8 weeks over a few more rotations, appetite and tastes have changed completely.

The fashion fairy flew my way too after dealing to you, she let me try a size 6, that’s SIX. It is here with me and supplies endless smiles when I pass its not going away in to the wardrobe just yet. My OH decided it could possibly be upside down, he doesn’t understand girls sizing. Most of the other is 10 and 12. If you could be arrested for loud noises of delight in changing rooms I would have been run in. Several times I had to ask for the next size down, those words out of my mouth…novel.

You are well prepared for your next Italian jaunt having had an earlier trial, now you are even further embedded in the new way of being. Nine stone nothing out and back. Get used to it.
    Nettle.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

Congratulations on maintaining ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’ And on the size 6!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

Now I’m starting to feel interested in clothes – the fashion fairy has been busy!

I’ll be looking for clothes in Italy. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ My friends live in a small town so I might just ask if we can go to a larger shopping town. Or I might check out the clothes in supermarkets. I have choices ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Maddalena knows I want to go clothes shopping and she’s looking forward to it. Not sure about Antonio though LOL

• posted by Natalie
    on

Maddalena is my surname! People often think it’s my first name, is it common in Italy? My husband’s ancestry is Swiss/Italian border, apparently, but quite a few generations back.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Natalie.

I think it is quite common as a first name in Italy.

Maddalena is from Bassilicata in the south of Italy, but her husband, Antonio, is from Parma in the north. It’s interesting to see the cultural differences ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

At the moment they live in Cremona, but also have a holiday/retirement apartment in Torre Pellice, near the border with France.

It all makes for interesting visits – and I love going๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well, that’s my Christmas present to me sorted for this year!

Last Christmas I embarked on my BSD journey. For this Christmas I’ve booked a full day with a Colour Me Beautiful consultant in York. The morning is analysing my colours followed by makeup info and lesson. Then the afternoon is style analysis.

Now trying to decide if I’m staying in York the night before and the night after, or travelling there and back on the day. Decisions, decisions!

Talking to colleagues a few days ago, when they were saying about my weight loss, I commented that they ain’t seen nothing yet – to wait and see what happens next ๐Ÿ˜ƒ LOL.

LIke starting the BSD in December rather than waiting for the New Year, I thought I’d go for this appointment between Christmas and New Year so I’m ready for the January Sales!

• posted by Natalie
    on

That’s sounds lovely CaptainLynne. I remember having my colours assessed back when I was a teenager because my mum was interested. I’m afraid I lost a bit of faith at the end when the lady commented on a colour going with my green eyes – I had to point out my eyes aren’t green!! They are brown. So I didn’t know if she’d got anything right and didn’t bother to follow the guide. Be interesting to see, now, if it matches what I’ve been wearing.

Sounds like an awesome pampering day. I say stay both nights so you don’t undo the relax with the travelling.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Sorry to hear about your experience Natalie. I’ve had mine done before but the system has been refined since then, so going again. Strangely I’m never sure what colour my eyes are – different people say different colours! Must ask the optician when I go tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Not too many people look closely in my eyes these days!

It’ll be a long day – 9.30am to 5pm approx. Although I would like to stay in York for a few nights, it’s not the best time of year to find a hotel room that’s not horrendously expensive, and the day itself is not cheap, so my thinking now is to just go for the day, then possibly go in the new year for a few days shopping. Who knows, I might even use the consultant’s personal shopping service. A lot depends on the next few weeks – I might need to go back to Italy early next year and I can’t do both๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I’ll not know myself soon, will I? LOL

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Still 9 stone today, after 3 days this week of being 8st 13lbs.

I’ve been eating a little more (not processed carbs) to see what effect it has on my weight. At the moment it seems that this (within a few pounds of 9 stone) may be where I maintain!

Although I’m trying not to stress about it, the mind does still play tricks. This morning, after 3 days of being 8.13, I was disappointed to see 9.0 on the scales๐Ÿ˜ฑ But it’s not long ago that I’d have been doing a very happy dance to see that number๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Perhaps it’s because I’ve been trying to lose weight for most of my life that my brain hasn’t caught up with the changes of the last ten months. Only ten months, but those months have seen so many changes for/in me! All good changes, but that doesn’t seem to make much difference to my thought processes. Hope my brain will catch up,with my body soon LOL.

On Tuesday I travel to London, staying overnight near Heathrow, then flying to Italy on Wednesday. I’m staying with my friends again, for ten days. This time they’ll not be so surprised when they meet me at the airport ๐Ÿ˜€ And they know what I eat ๐Ÿ˜€

Although they live in quite a small town, I’m hoping to do some clothes shopping ๐Ÿ˜€ I think my friend will have to do some translating ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Lynne looks like you’ve found your ‘comfortable’ weight. We all fluctuate up and down a bit. As for your mind playing tricks about the number on the scale remember how long it took to comfortably eat ‘full fat’ and ditch low fat stuff!!!

Have a great time in Italy. I’m sure it will be easier than your last trip to eat ‘normally ‘ as a BSD person. Enjoy!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Verano ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ

Fortunately I realised it was my mind playing tricks and didn’t get stressed for too long ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s so surprising how often our mind can take us down a path we don’t want to go down and/or shouldn’t be going down.

I’m looking forward to the trip. Seeing my friends again, the different pace of life (and, yes, different foods – but I still draw the line at horse๐Ÿ˜ฑ). As soon as I get home I’ll be really busy – 3 meetings in a week, all meaning I have to travel long distances, with early starts. For two meetings I’ll probably stay nearby the night before so I’m not stressing about transport problems. Ho hum ….. Will make the most of Italy๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Just checking n before my holiday.

Weight this morning 8st 13lb. Travelling to London today, overnight near Heathrow, then 8.20am flight tomorrow. No more weighing until I get home at the end of next week.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Well done Captain Lynne finding your maintenance weight. Have an awesome time in Italy.

• posted by Verano
    on

Travel safely. Enjoy!

Please log in or register to post a reply.