Just Starting my 8 week BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by vielnouve
    on

Had a successful meeting with my nurse to go ahead with the BSD, she was really positive about it. Reason for doing it is to become non-diabetic. My current weight is 207lb (14:11) and 43 inch round the tummy. Did not realise I did so few steps in a day, my average for the last two weeks has been 2,500 to 2,750 so my aim is to double this in the first week. My overall health is good, only diabetes type 2 to mar it. My blood sugar count is 8.6.

Vielnouve

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome vielnouve, sounds as though you have a plan. So glad your nurse was supportive, maybe we are getting through to them at last. Keep posting and asking any questions you may have. Did you go on the Metformin or not, if yes, are you stopping it. You will find that sticking with this plan your blood glucose will come down quite quickly, so quick it frightened the poo out of me. All will be well and you have given yourself the best chance to thumb your nose to the out of date medical advice. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Hi Vielnouve,

Welcome. I am newbie too – this is my 3rd week and I am amazed I’ve managed it. So my advice is one day at a time and find relevant reading material to help keep you fired up. I’ve found nourishing the ‘why am I doing this again?’ aspect has been important for my motivation.

Good luck

Trundlebug

• posted by vielnouve
    on

HI, yes was put on 2 x 500 Metformin when I was diagnosed in June 2016. Said at the time I did not want to live my life on tablets and was there an alternative and told no. Since then attempts to put me on statins when my Colestral is under 5 and resisted that. My January check was higher then previous and put that down to a blip because of Christmas. But my nurse did say, in almost an aside, don’t worry we can always increase the dose. That got me thinking and searched on google for reversing my diabetes. And here I am! Cannot believe that I was not told about this.
    Am now taking 1 tablet and have been told that when blood sugar reaches 6 to stop taking medication.

• posted by vielnouve
    on

First day was good, did over 7000 steps without really trying. A good number were done going round Sainsbury looking for all the ingredients needed for the week. Doing the menu for weeks 1-4 from book. Will be looking at some on-line recipes for the weeks to follow the first four. Drank 2.75 lts liquid and reduced my coffee intake to 2 mugs, considerably down on my usual number. Surprised by the helping of veg curry. Think I must have done something wrong with the Beetroot falafels because no-way could I roll them into 4 balls, it was too wet, so cooking it in a dish and will cut it into 4. Really enjoyed the No-carb bircher this morning. Trying to check my blood around the same time each morning and before I have had breakfast, surprised that todays reading was 15.2, thought it might be higher because have reduced metformin to 1 x500g, which I take after lunch, but not almost double yesterdays. Thanks for the messages of support.

Please log in or register to post a reply.