Just started the journey.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Martin Buchanan
    on

Hi everyone, what a fantastic forum and group of people. So looking forward to spending sometime here.

I’ve started my “Diet” but I class as life style change not a diet and feel better already. So looking forward to the journey, I’ve diabetes, high blood pressure and a few other issues but nothing major do want to see how all this pans out. Given the stories of you guys and gals on the forum I’m sure all is going to be well.
    As above, I’m looking at it as simple changing my food to Mediterranean instead of junk food, so that’s got to help regardless.
    Believe it or not, before my start date of Monday, I told everyone, I had a binge, all the stuff I shouldn’t have, take away, beer, choose blah blah blah and thought it was a sad goodbye to all the rubbish, checked my sugars next monrning, Monday start day, blood sugar 17!!!

Nearly fainted !

Checked them this morning, Wednesday so over two days in and 9!
    Yes, way too high and much to achieve but it’s a good start. Oh, and by the way, I stopped all my medication , Metformin and the G’s months ago. I was just so fed up of them all.

Again, great forum and some great information, keep up the great work and support.

Martin.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Martin, welcome to the community and brilliant you’re seeing an improvement in your bloods already. As this way of eating targets our belly fat you should see a gradual improvement in your BP relatively quickly so that will be another quick win 😊
    If there’s any advice we can share with you just ask; I imagine between us we’ve encountered pretty well all the bumps in the road! Just keep your eye on the prize, and all the small wins along the way.
    Maggie

Please log in or register to post a reply.