Just started

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lallya
    on

4 days in and hoping it works .im not diabetic yet but weighing 97 kg at 5ft 2 I’m obese with a fatty liver and enlarged heart I’ve been disabled for 8 years and so the weights crept on , I’m unable to exercise but I’m determined to complete this diet and start s new healthier phase

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lallya. It works! Take some time to look through some of the threads, i.e 8 week line and after, weigh in etc. You will find lots of inspiring stories. Look at captainlynne’s 16 weeks and after. Look at captain lynne’s and Bill1954’s stories. Look at Neohdiver and lots more. There is a search icon on the top right hand side at the top of the page!

Welcome to the BSD way of life. Not everyone on here is diabetic!!! 🙂

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lallya. Like you I’m 5ft 2ins, but type 2 diabetic. Just checked the conversion and when I started this 16 weeks ago I weighed 101.6 kg. Today I weigh 81.2 kg. The only exercise I get is walking as much of my work is either desk-bound or involves long bus or train rides. As Hashimoto says, it works. 😃

• posted by neohdiver
    on

Exercise is not required to lose weight or gain control of diabetes. It takes a heck of a lot of exercise to burn off a pound. What exercise is better for is decreasing insulin resistance by providing more storage places for glycogen – but that’s a long term goal and doesn’t significantly impact the short term blood glucose control or weight loss.

I’m the same height, nearly the same starting weight (89.3 kg). My diabetes has been in control since 3 days after diagnosis, solely by a change in diet. Starting the day of diagnosis I limited my carbs to what my meter would tolerate, without going over 7.8. For me, that works out to about 20 grams of carbs in a 3 hour period (which I learned by excessive testing . . . my poor fingers!) Since October, I’m pretty sure I can still count on 2 hands the number of readings above 7.8

Without increasing exercise, I also went from 89.3 kg to 66.4 kg (since October 2), by limiting my calorie intake to 1200 calories/day. I do climb stairs to get to my office – but I was doing that before and have not increased stairs or walking or anything else by way of exercise. I sit all day most days (between arriving and leaving). On weekends, I walk a pathetic 2-3000 steps.

That’s (nearly) all before the BSD. Depending on the flavor of the BSD you’re following, your weight loss results may be even better! (If your immediate goal is to control blood glucose, you will need to pay careful attention to the recipes you choose. Many of the recipes are too high in carbohydrates for me to eat – although the weight I’ve lost, combined with fasting and an even lower calorie consumption, seems to have finally changed something. I managed to eat 33 carbs in one meal and keep my BG below 6.2 at about 2 weeks into the BSD 800 + 16:8 fasting.

Please log in or register to post a reply.