Just Begun

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zendo
    on

I have been a type diabetic for 20 years. I am on maximum medication and I trust this diet. I have been eating the very nutritious food for three days. After two days my blood sugar reading were as normal for a non-diabetic.. Not surprising, I think, because of the low carbohydrates in the meals. But I feel excellent and am so motivated because of these results. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow but I have already dropped the Glimepiride because otherwise hypoglycaemia may result. I am also willing to drop the blood pressure medication but will seek advise on that one. I have a new doctor so is am not sure what he will say but if he isn’t in agreement he goes. Weight loss I estimate should be about 10% (8kgs) but an advantage for me is I have already lost 20 kgs in the last 2 years.. Partly due to the Byetta medication I think. The Australian Diabetic Association are not up with the latest research and still follow the old carb guidelines…. I feel a bit angry with them that now I am 71 and this is the best I have felt for years… The food in Michael’s book is excellent and I follow it exactly, although I admit to struggling with the quantity… Just managed half the lunch but I will complete it before dinner… I never feel hungry or miss the high carbs I was eating… Not yet anyway…

• posted by Janet1973
    on

HI Zendi, welcome on board! I’m so pleased you have seen positive results so soon. Good luck with your new doctor and keep posting!

Please log in or register to post a reply.