Journey through January

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello and welcome! This is the latest monthly thread, following on from Diligent December. Anyone is welcome to join. Whether you are new to this way of eating or an old-timer, let’s journey through January together, shed some of those festive pounds and get 2020 off to the best possible start.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi I am in but will be literally journeying through January as I am backpacking the whole month on my own in Australia!! Will be difficult to weigh but will try to stick to the plan and will drop in here for inspiration and a few updates.
    Here’s to us all being the best version of ourselves wherever we might be and whatever we might have to overcome xx

• posted by Lookingtoloseweight
    on

I am very new to this way of eating and to this site as of about 10 mins ago.

I would like to contribute to the Journey Through January but think it will be more of a one way street
    as I am very new.

Thanks..

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Lookingtoloseweight
    Welcome, you are in a great place to get help and support. We are a friendly bunch and always willing to offer an opinion from the vast knowledge base here of years of experience with our many successes and our stumbles from grace!! xx

on

Hi Lookingtoloseweight

Good luck on your new adventure! I started this Way of Eating in January 2017 and, despite some ups and downs since then, have never looked back. I honestly did not believe I would stick to the plan or lose weight and have done both. Hopefully you will see an initial quick weight loss – which I did, and it’s really inspiring and motivating. So you are in good company here and it’ll be great to share your progress. Ask any questions and someone will try to help.

DeniseSusan have a fantastic time in Australia. Your plans sound so exciting – enjoy every minute! Keep in touch as best you can and thanks for those inspiring words about being the best version of ourselves.

Happy New Year everyone X

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Hi all, thanks for starting this new thread DCT, hopefully we can all start positively after a diligent December! Welcome Lookingtoloseweight, I was new to this way of eating in October and found it initially challenging but with some rapid weight loss and measurement reductions it’s so rewarding!! These forums are great as there is so much advice, experience and positive attitude to help you through any blips.
    We are opposites, DeniseSusan as I’m currently on holiday in the uk, having flown over from Melbourne a few weeks ago. I’m still maintaining a low calorie/low carb way of life, tricky when there are lovely tempting winter meals everywhere. Have a great time on your special trip to Oz. Happy new year to all in Australia and for all here in England in a few hours time!

• posted by Porkyatbest
    on

Hello, I did the fast 800 for 8 weeks in 2016. It was a good experience and I lost 35 pounds. Since then bad habits have crept back in, and so has some of the weight. So I’m starting again in the morning and hoping to feel as good as last time, and maybe plan a bit more fore when I come off it.

Good luck anyone starting in the New Year.

• posted by PositiveSpin
    on

Hi, I am a repeat offender 🙂 this is the third time I’ve started this and it worked all the times I was sticking to it, but I keep letting stress get in the way. I know it will not be easy but if you don’t try, if you don’t even start, how can anything change?!

Got on the scales this morning (2020) and while I am 4 kilos less now than this time last year (2019) I am nowhere near healthy or indeed happy weight for me.

Time to get back to the basics. Good luck to everyone continuing and starting this woe.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, I’m back for another round! I haven’t weighed myself today but based on what I weighed just before Christmas I have at least 20kg to lose, but to be honest I’d be happy with 10. I worked out that if I lose on average 5kg every 12 weeks it would be achievable to do in a year (I’m a slow loser folks! Partly due to different medications I’m on).
    Anyway for now I’m focusing on January. Rather than set a specific number goal for weight my plan is to get back on track by going back to basics – meal planning, TRE etc. I have just about all of Dr Mosley’s books and recipe books, so plenty of resources, plus of course all my own tried and true recipes.
    Good luck all, let’s do this 🙂

• posted by Green and White
    on

Hi Everyone
    I too am a repeat offender. I have been in the battle of the bulge for as long as I can remember – well around 25 years. This year was a wake up call with my cholesterol numbers through the roof and been put on meds.

So I’ve decided enough is enough. Today is a new start. I have a plan and I’m sticking to it.
    I’m basically going to do the Fast 800 until I get to my target weight of 75kgs. I will also do HIIT every day.

Here are my numbers today, January 1st 2020.
    Male age 52.
    Heignt: 184cm / 6ft ½ in
    Weight: 103.8kgs / 16st 5lbs
    Waist at top of hips through belly button: 120cm / 47 in
    Neck at collar height: 47cm / 18.5 in
    Morning Resting Pulse: 80bpm

Lets face it, these are horrendous numbers and coupled with a sedentary management job, with high stress and long hours, I have to do something right now to arrest this.

• posted by Crosie
    on

Welcome newbies and returnees! Diligent December was a success for me and I started the Christmas season 5lbs ahead of myself so had a cushion for a little indulgence. Over the Christmas eating frenzy I tried to remain as diligent as possible but I inevitably gained that 5lbs I had in reserve. Today I start 2020 down 3 lbs from my Christmas gain meaning I have 2lbs to lose to get back where I started before the holidays. Actually really pleased with that.
    I started my journey in June and have gone from 13st10 to 11st7 today. My goal for 2020 is to lose the same amount again, reduce inches and get fitter…AND be off Metformin! I am determined to put this diabetes in remission and packed in a box never to raise its head again!
    Good luck to everyone on their Journey through January. May 2020 bring the health and happiness you desire x

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’m signing up for January (and beyond…). Today I am 71.5kg (an increase from lowest in Oct 2019) but better than the 86 kg I started off at in Jan 2019…Immediate target for Jan is to get back into the 60kg bracket, and to have a dry one. Good to see “old timers” and new starters, and all the best to all. I hope more will sign up!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all, I am in too. Happy New Year to you all. Here’s to a healthy sparkling 2020. My first breakfast will be scrambled egg, spinach and smoked salmon. Yum.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,

I am back on board as well starting today.

I tried to easy myself into a period of maintenance in autumn, but wasn’t as successful as I wanted to be. So my first aim will be to get back to the low point I achieved last year and then continue downwards. I can see that some of the weight gain is fluid in my legs and feet (I have gone back to my bad habit of falling asleep in front of the TV)

• posted by Lookingtoloseweight
    on

Thanks for the replies and I would like to say a Happy and healthy new year to you all.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi I’m in too!
    Caron my brunch was similar to yours ….. just swap the spinach for asparagus! Lovely.
    I don’t have a specific goal this month just want to be ‘the best I can be’ at each meal and no snacks in-between.
    Lovely to see old and new ‘travellers’ together again. 2020 will be a great year for us all if we just do the best we can do.

• posted by bmmorag
    on

Hi repeat offender here too restarting at a stone lighter than last year but with 4 stone to lose. I am 50 in May and would love to get to my half century with a couple of those gone. I work a lot of hours and struggle with cooking but know that this works if you can plan ahead and stick with it. Officially starting on Friday and feeling like I am in the right headspace for a restart now. A very healthy 2020 to everyone 😄 xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone and Happy New Us!
    As a BSD old timer I will be happy to get back back on the straight and narrow journeying though January and beyond from Monday and my goal is to get back to goal weight. I am going to do a strict 8 week programme like I did when I first did BSD in January 2017. I am going to confess to being non BSD since Christmas Eve and have enjoyed my BSD break. It feels like I have eaten more in the last two weeks than I have in the last three months! I feel sluggish and fat and ready to get myself back to being good once again. I have enjoyed what I’ve eaten but can’t do it long term! I am currently in London with my son and plan to restart my journey next Monday 6th January. From Monday I will be super low carb and 800 calories to get back into fat burning mode. I am debating about whether to punish myself by seeing what the scales say prior to embarking on my journey. I probably will because then I can hopefully start with what will be my highest weight of 2020 and see a downward trend going forward. There is no point hiding from the truth! I reckon I’ve put at least 10lbs on since the last time I weighed in December. I will post my weight on Monday and then my 8 weeks will commence. I retire at the end of March and I’d love to be at or near goal by then. Twelve weeks of strict low carbing should get me somewhere near where I want to be. I am going to aim for 135 lb.
    Lovely to be amongst old friends and new. Let’s do our very best to achieve our goals in 2020.

on

Hi everyone – lovely to have a vibrant group on here already 🙂 Look forward to seeing how we all get on our journey through January. Cathy welcome back as of Monday and I’m in a similar place to you right now!

I am starting January in earnest as of tomorrow and really need to get a grip! My long-term target weight has been 133lb and I got very close last summer – 135lb. At that stage I had also been maintaining for quite a while at around 137/138lb so was doing well. But since then have had some major lifestyle changes, and new medication, and have regained almost 10lb!!! This month I am getting back on the Fast 800 wagon and also doing Dry January. I hope to be down to 140lb by the end of this month then continue to work towards achieving my 133lb goal by the end of March.

I’m going to the wedding of an old friend in early April and will see lots of people I have not seen for many years – some of whom I last saw under very difficult circumstances – so to be honest really want to look my best. And I have my own wedding to plan sometime later this year as well 🙂

So for me the first quarter of 2020 is finally time to get my act together, be disciplined and get to target weight. Finally! I look forward to your support on the journey and will do my best to be a support to you too X

on

Day two. Dropped 1.4kg 😊 since yesterday. Motivating despite recognising that this will be mostly water.

on

Great news Green and White! When I first started this WOE (for newbies that’s Way Of Eating) 3 years ago I didn’t really expect it to last, but that initial weight drop is fab. Water or what, it’s a great motivator to keep at it.

And after a while you do see real weight loss. I remember every day in the loo at work, which had a full-length mirror, gradually seeing my trousers get looser and looser – until I had to replace them as they would hardly stay up any more. Oh happy day!

I’m so excited to get back on it as of tomorrow!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Green and white, sounds like you are off to a great start 🙂
    I read a really inspiring post on the BSD Facebook group I’m a member of this morning, the poster had lost 4 stone since starting this WOE in September. She looks amazing!
    Happy New Year DCT, Cathy, JGwen and all my friends on here, both old and new! Let’s make 2020 amazing 🙂
    Cathy – I’ll be restating properly on 6 Jan also, but have been eating healthily over the last few days, just need to cut out the drinks to be honest, and cut down on the calories. I’ve been averaging about 1500 per day since mid-December. Interestingly though I’ve only gained about a pound this month, so I can live with that. I would dearly love to reach my 2017 goal though finally this year!
    DCT – a belated congratulations on your engagement! I meant to post on the December thread when you announced it. I can’t think of anything more motivating than a wedding as a goal 🙂
    We may be hearing wedding bells in our family too this year, I think my daughter and partner will get engaged, they’ve been together for 7 years now.
    As I have a fairly decent amount of weight to lose (20kg ideally), I’m going to focus on 5kg at a time. I’ll post my start weight on Monday when I knuckle down and get back into it!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Wow, so many people signed up already. Count me in too! Thanks for setting up the thread, DCT.
    I have vowed to give up sugar of all kinds in January except for a max of 2 serves of fruit per day. This means that chocolate is out for now, even the 90% kind as I was finding I was just eating too much of it. I’ve had too much fruit creeping in too, so I may cut that out for a couple of weeks as well, just to readjust my sense of sweetness, but I currently still have some apples, pears and kumquats so I’ll finish those up and then not buy any for the rest of the month. The weather did end up clearing up for a few days, so I managed to get home over Christmas, but it was a few days of not eating to plan at all, and I’m really feeling it and glad to get back into a routine again.
    I’m also planning on moving more. I’ve dug out my fitness tracker, so just have to find the charger and that will be helpful at keeping me on track. I’ve only managed to have 40 of my 75 iron tablets so far, so I’ll have to step things up a bit to finish them by the middle of the month if possible. I wasn’t able to move to a daily dose in December as it was upsetting my gut too much, so I’ve only been taking it every 36 hours. I think, maybe, I am feeling a bit more energetic, and certainly feel more enthusiastic about moving and exercising again.
    Caron and Verano – I didn’t have breakfast today (unless you count lunch which was broccoli slaw with a small glass of kefir), but I have a similar breakfast planned for the week ahead but with broccoli rabe instead of asparagus or spinach. I’m back at work on the 2nd and 3rd, so it may be for Saturday.
    For my long term goal this year, I am hoping to get down to 75kg. I managed to get down to 79kg the last time I was really diligent on this woe, so I think it is doable, and honestly anything under 80kg would be brilliant. Although getting under 75kg would allow me to participate in a riding program that would get me back up to being able to trot and canter, so that would be really fantastic. For January, I would like it if my larger sized clothes could start being a bit baggy again. I would love to be able to fit into some of my smaller sizes again as they are much more flattering.
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m just paying a quick visit to sign up to journey through January with you all. I’m really looking forward to it – and thanks DCT for setting it up. We still have family staying with us until Monday, so I’ll take the next few days to have a think about what my goal is for January, and/or the year, and I’ll post on Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile, wishing everyone a happy and safe 2020.
    Jennie xx

on

Disaster.
    Only 250 kcals to 6pm. On way home friends invited us out to dinner.
    Cut a long story short… fish supper, 4 pints, cheese and crackers, ham and chesse toastie.
    🙁

• posted by SlimmyKim
    on

Hello Everyone,
    Yesterday, I started the fast 800 and intend to do this for two weeks before moving to the 5:2. Both days so far have been ok, definitely manageable, and I’m still off work until Monday which I’m convinced is harder than being busy at work. I’ve a couple of stones to lose (currently 12 1/2 stone), and some energy to regain. I don’t really have any expectations for weight lose for January, not having done this way of eating before. I’m sure dry January will help shift some as well though.
    I’m looking forward to encouraging and supporting each other on here. Please post any recommendations for newbies x

on

Oh Green and White don’t worry! We’ve all been there. But tomorrow is another day, so wipe the slate clean and start again.Whatever you do, don’t fall into the trap of feeling you’ve blown it so might as well give up. Wrong! This WoE is very forgiving and you can easily get back on track after a slight blip.

Welcome SlimmyKim and good luck! I agree it’s easier when you’re busy and by next week you’ll be well into it anyway. I’m sure you will lose weight, most people do lose quite bit at first so here’s hoping!

Some tips that immediately come to mind are:
    * don’t worry if you feel a bit “flu-ey” the first week or so, this is normal as you begin to burn fat;
    * similarly you may well find you are peeing more than usual – this is also a normal kidney function as your body burns glucose;
    * because of the above, drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, and make sure you are getting enough salt;
    * also make sure you are eating plenty of good fat in your diet so that you don’t feel hungry and start binging;
    * if you have a bad day and eat all the wrong things, just get back on track next day: don’t give up.

Hope that helps as a start, and I’m sure others will have more to add as well. Do keep us posted as to how you’re getting on!

Good luck everyone!

• posted by fatnomorekat
    on

Hello everyone, I’d like to join as well! I’ve started Fast 800/BSD today, having (many years ago) had quite a bit of success with 5:2. Unfortunately, I’ve put on a massive amount of weight since then (nearly 50 kg 🙁 ), and weighed in this morning at a rather terrifying 120kg. I am only 5 ft 5, so this needs sorting out! Hopefully posting on here will help keep me accountable!

I’ve stuck to the 800 calories without too much bother today but haven’t made perfect low carb food choices – coffee for breakfast, a miso soup sachet and a snack pack of chicken kebab things for lunch, then had to meet a friend in the pub to hand over some xmas pressies after work and had some pork scratchings and a non-alcoholic beer (nanny state – only 26 cals apparently!). Then home for some leek and potato soup that needed eating, some cucumber sticks, and some blueberries with a dollop of greek yoghurt. For day one, I’m fairly happy!

I’m also doing dry January (and maybe also February), and am considering starting couch 2 5K next week! So hopefully 2020 will be my year of reinvention!

• posted by fatnomorekat
    on

Ooh, also meant to mention my goals! First is to get below 100kg – I’d be over the moon if I managed that before my 34th birthday in May, but that’s a fair amount of weight to lose, so we’ll see how it goes. Ultimately I’d like to get down to below 70kg. My lowest weight on 5:2 (6 years ago) was 74kg (down from about 85kg). And then my absolute ultimate goal is to get back into the size 12 dress I wore to my graduation ball when I was 21, which I’ve hung it up outside my wardrobe as a visual kick up the bum! I couldn’t fit into it at 74kg, so I’m not sure exactly what weight I’ll need to be, but that’s the dream!

So, good luck everybody. Let’s do this!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi all, I’ve had a pretty decent start so far, and a couple of minor NSV as well today. First my jeans seemed to fit just a bit looser around the waist today compared to Monday when I last wore them. I am attributing this to a few lower carb days in a row, so likely shedding some of that Christmas bloat and water weight. I was a bit carb flu-y and dehydrated yesterday but did better with my salt and fluid intake today and symptoms have disappeared. I stuck to my max 2 serves of fruit today and yesterday I managed to not have any at all, just veggies. I haven’t had chocolate cravings yet, so here’s hoping that continues.
    Secondly, I went out with my noon hour walking group today for the first time since before Christmas and I led all the way up the hill. A month ago I was always the one dragging behind! Our fastest colleague is still on holiday, but will return on Tuesday, so that will be a challenge to see if I can beat him to the top as well. I told him before Christmas that I was going to leave him in the dust in the new year and I don’t think he believed me! Iron supplements appear to be working from an energy standpoint at least. I’m hoping that as my levels continue to go up this will translate into me finally being able to burn some fat.
    Great reading everyone’s goals, and it is inspiring me to really put an effort in and make a go of it this time round.

• posted by byrneburns
    on

Hey guys,

Never joined a forum before and only dabbled with 5:2 (tho to good results). Started the Fast 800 today.
    Due to a lot of career stress and the bubble of a new relationship, have definitely let myself go towards the tail end of this year. Hopping on the scales today was a shock. Would love to lose a stone and a half in time for my birthday in late Feb.

Here’s hoping! Good luck to everyone and excited to share our experiences!

on

Thanks DCT. I have surprisingly managed to get immediately back on it without my usual
    – I’ll start again on Monday – destructive tendency to binge.

Even after the poor show last night, I have still managed to lose 0.8kg overnight, which inspired me to stick with it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Green and White I was reading an article a few days ago where it was using red wine spilling on a shirt as an analogy for falling of the wagon. If you spilt a drop of wine on your shirt, you then wouldn’t go and pour the whole bottle over it. One drop would be salvageable but a whole bottle would ruin it !
    A good while back somebody wrote something similar about driving. If you had a small bump in your car you wouldn’t then go on and run red lights, crash in to a gate post etc.etc. Or something like that. Just makes you think a little and keep things in proportion.
    One slip up doesn’t leave permanent everlasting damage. Sounds like you are back on track now anyway.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Well I braved the post Christmas scales this morning and was amazed to see that since 19th December I have gained 2.4 lb. I am aiming to start in earnest on Monday but between now and then plan to increase my water and ease gently into the BSD way of eating. My weigh day will be Friday each week but like I did when I started in 2017 I will weigh daily initially to see some inspiring progress.

To anyone starting BSD for the first time, you will be amazed at how quickly the fat goes following the principles of this way of eating. Some of us lost our weight more slowly than others so my advice is not to compare your weight loss. This is our own journey and like many of us we are continuing our journey at our own pace and for life with the ups and downs that life brings. When I embarked on this way of eating I was very naive and simply cut out bread, pasta, potatoes, rice etc and it took me 11 months to lose 42 lb. I hope that this gives any new friends hope that this way of eating works. Previously I had struggled to lose weight with SW of WW and I was amazed at how the fat melted away.

I struggled to maintain last year so my aim for 2020 is to get back to goal once again and then try to master maintenance. I am amongst many great friends on here and together we will achieve our goals.

It takes a little while to get into this way of eating so be patient, follow the principles and await to be amazed at your weight loss and even better lack of hunger! That was one thing that amazed me.

This is the year everyone! We will do this!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi
    Lovely to see so many posting. Congrats arcticfox on shedding the Christmas bloat and leading the way. And nice to see you back ClarinetCathy – good that the Christmas collateral damage wasn’t too great. As you say, the pounds seem to melt away once you are fully back into BSD. Welcome fatnomorekat. You will be amazed how quickly you will see results. Just a thought, but some have found it helpful to tackle larger targets in 5kg stages. You could also look at Alliecat and Esnecca’s past posts – both of them lost a lot of weight on BSD principles and are successfully maintaining. x
    It is early days yet, but happy to report that I threw away the rest of the bubbles on New Year’s Day, and am sticking with back to basics. I am returning with a sense of relief and excitement. I know this works, and I just need to apply it. Last year was a struggle. My head wasn’t in the right place, and I had too many false starts. But I should be back to my healthy weight by the end of this month at the latest (not planning to go into gory detail!).
    Just enjoyed a green bean and bacon omelette for brunch. Simple pleasures. 🙂
    Good luck to all newbies, returners, maintainers etc etc and Happy New Year!

• posted by fatnomorekat
    on

Thanks for the welcome caronl. Thinking about this in 5kg stages seems like a good mental strategy – although I weighed myself this morning and have already lost 2.7kg in one day! I’m sure it’s mostly water weight, but it’s certainly an encouraging start. Today is going well – I had a hard boiled egg and spinach pot around 11am, as well as two miso soups and two coffees with milk. Dinner will be something based around chicken, mushrooms and courgette – I’m thinking some sort crustless quiche maybe!

• posted by SlimmyKim
    on

Thanks for the welcome and thanks Dreamscometrue those tips are great.

I already feel like my stomach is less bloated and I was a couple of pounds lighter this morning. My will power is still strong, despite having a stinking cold. Will a little honey and some cough sweets send me massively over the 800 calories, and out of ketosis?

Last nights dinner was fabulous-Chorizo and aubergine stew-lush! I’m enjoying my ‘meals’ more for waiting for them. Tonight, Salmon and Mediterranean vegetable tray bake.
    Anyone else got some delicious meal ideas?

• posted by Rosiemae
    on

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this diet (Well I haven’t started yet) I plan to start on Sunday. I am feeling pretty unconfident to be honest but hope being part of this tread will motivate me and keep me on track. My weight has gradually increased over the past six year a total of 40lbs. I started to loose some after an ultrasound showed I had a fatty liver which really shocked me 😔 I feel so embassed that I have let myself get this way. After reading about this diet and the fact it is based on science I have decided to give it my best shot! So… Looking forward to see what this month will bring x

on

A big hello to all our newcomers on here. It’s exciting to share your journey with you. It takes me back to when I started the BSD in January 2017. Like you Rosiemae, I was not confident about sticking to plan and losing weight: I thought I’d be the one scuttling off into the sidelines. But what’s great is that there is usually an initial significant weight loss, and that is really motivating.

Byrneburns you’re so right, life changes can really cause weight to creep on without us realising – but your weight loss goal for February is definitely achievable. Imagine how great you’ll feel stone and a half lighter for your birthday!

Cathy welcome back and how lovely that your Christmas weight gain is so much less than you’d feared. You’re right: This IS the year and we WILL do it! Hello to all other old friends too, great to see so many on here.

So far so good for me. I’ve started working through recipes in the Fast 800 book. I usually tend to do my own thing but need more variety and also to be more accurate about the carb and cal content of every meal. It’s also good to have interesting and different food to look forward to rather than worrying about what I “can’t” eat.

I’m alternating my eating pattern between 18:6 (2 meals day within a 6 hour window) and three small meals a day. Trying to mix it up a bit. Just 2 days so far but have lost 1lb already so it’s a good start.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep posting! X

• posted by PositiveSpin
    on

Starting day four today, this will be the test as it’s the weekend here now. Down 2.25 kilos. As many say, it’s mostly fluid but at least it’s gone and I am happily right now sticking to the 800 calories. Had an egg white omelette with spinach for breakfast. I’ve been trying to fit as much walking in as possible, mostly on the treadmill due to the smoke from bushfires! I’ve also been doing weight resistance.

My main goals for the next few days? Drink lots of water. Move more. Think about food choices. Be mindful. Sleep! 🙂

Good luck to you all!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy so pleased that your Xmas gain wasn’t as much as you feared it would be 🙂
    I’m looking forward to re-starting properly on monday. I’ve stocked up on some supplies and am going to do some meal prepping tomorrow. It was far too hot to do much at all today (46 degrees centigrade!).
    A big welcome to all of our newcomers – together we can do this 🙂

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Well, I have been pleasantly surprised at how easily the first 4 days back have gone. This evening has been a bit of a different story though. I had a bit of a lie in this morning, so only had 2 meals today, and between lunch and dinner I lugged two bags of books over to the nearby used book shop to try to sell them, and they only took less than a quarter of them, so I had to carry most of the weight back home again. That was quite a workout! I was quite hungry for dinner after that, but still managed to eat sensibly and to plan. I had planned to go and do my weekly food shop after eating, but I’m finding that I’m still feeling a bit hungry and on edge. I know from past experience that if I go shopping now I will end up putting things in my basket that I will regret. Interestingly, I’m not craving sweet things, which I suppose is good. More like crispy carbs covered in fat and salt. I actually have a bar of 90% lindt in my fridge at the moment that I bought before I decided I wasn’t going to have any this month, and it remains unopened. I’m just not interested in having any. I hope that lasts! Anyway, shopping trip has been postponed. I need to do a fridge clearout, so that is probably a better option for this evening anyway.
    Hope everyone is doing well, and all the Aussies on here are staying safe and surviving the heat the best you can. SueBlue, 46 is horrendous. The hottest day I’ve experienced was 43 and that was pretty bad. Hope that you get a bit of a cooler break soon.

• posted by PositiveSpin
    on

Well, sitting here now having a cup of tea. Feeling so much better than yesterday, not sure I’d call it carb-flu but I definitely felt a lack of energy yesterday as it went on and ended up in bed by 8pm. This morning (Sunday) I had more energy and have been for a walk this afternoon. Weight is still going down, which is surprising me actually. I’ve lost in total now 2.6 kilos! Again, know it is mostly fluid but it is still great to see the numbers moving down and not staying still. I also noticed this morning that my jeans fit better, the waist in particular is loose not just comfortable.

• posted by Ladyjane
    on

Hi I am new to this but have started because some of my colleagues have lost phenomenal amounts of weight using this. I’ve done all the others SW WW etc and am still 95kilos.
    I am mostly sedentary at work but am making myself walk briskly for 30minutes at lunchtime and then eating something. This might be something you could do. Also try meditating for 3-5 minutes it sounds mad but does work. I use Headspace it fits in with my lifestyle. I don’t do it every day but a few times a week. It also helps me sleep.
    I’m approaching this like a work project being organised and making sure I know what I need to do. I started yesterday and woke up with a headache today but paracetamol and water have sorted it. Good luck here’s to there being much less of us by the summer.

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Well i made a start January 2. I have lost 2k so far despite eating out at lunch yesterday and Saturday. No dinner those days of course and making careful selections with my meal. I have been using my stationary bike which has been hiding in the corner of the spare room. I can’t walk outside as I’m in Sydney, Australia. Impossible with the smoke from the. Bushfires and the high temps. We might get a few. mls of rain today. Here’s hoping. All the best everyone.

• posted by Kt1
    on

Hi all I’m brand new to this so hoping for advice and support looks like some amazing losses so am hopeful for the same. I’m starting tomorrow good luck everyone

• posted by byrneburns
    on

Howdi folks,

3 days in and 5 pounds lost. (Definitely water weight etc but given I’m about to get my period tomorrow it feels like a bit of a win). Had a harder day navigating a picnic yest but managed to stick to protein options and not draw any questions from friends who I’d rather not disclose a diet plan to haha. Also had a bit of an energy dip last night but feel great today. Just did a grocery shop though and excited to start a new week!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Ladyjane I like your idea of treating this as a work project 🙂 I’m a similar start weight to you – 98.8kg this morning. Ideally I’d love to weigh 76kg so that almost 23kg I need to shed. I’m focusing on getting under 95kg for the first stage.
    I’m also dabbling with meditation again. My son bought me a book of meditation and mindfulness techniques for Christmas (as well as a bottle of Bollinger champagne! I’m keeping that for a special occasion, maybe the day I eventually reach goal, it could be vintage by then though 😊)
    When I first started BSD in Jan 2017 I was 103kg and got down to 91kg later that year. Since then my weight has fluctuated between a low of 93 and a high of 100.1. I’d really like to finish what I started in 2017 and finally reach goal this year.
    So it’s day one of re-start for me today. I went for a 20min walk this morning and dropped off my excess Xmas groceries to the charity collection point at the shopping centre (mince pies, Xmas pudding & cake etc – I had bought these for visitors but as usual bought too much and I knew if I kept them at home I’d be tempted to open the packet!).
    I’m going for another walk this evening with my partner, this one will be for 45min and include some hills.
    I’m working 1/2 days at the moment and so don’t get a meal break. I didn’t feel like eating lunch at 10.45am so have brought some yoghurt, flaked almonds and berries with me, I can eat this at my desk between phone calls and customers!
    Dinner tonight is Thai red curry chicken with cauliflower rice. The recipe is from the BSD recipe book and is really lovely – it’s nice to have a good, tasty meal to look forward to!
    My weigh in days will be Fridays each week so I’ll post after weigh in then.
    Good luck to everyone else starting or continuing their journey through January this week!

on

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread; it has kept me motivated especially when I had a little bump on day two!
    At day 6 (I usually have given things up by now) I am happy with my my progress.
    Day 1- 103.8kgs
    Day 2- 102.4kgs
    Day 3- 101.6kgs
    Day 4- 101.0kgs
    Day 5- 100.4kgs
    Day 5- 99.8kgs
    I seem to be shedding 0.6kg daily for the past 4 days after my initial drop. If I stick to the Fast 800, can I expect this kind of drop to continue for a while, or if not, when can I expect to plateau and for how long?

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi guys from Brit in Aus!!
    Arrived on the hottest day in Sydney having travelled for 37 hrs in total!! Made relatively good choices did have a red wine to help me sleep on the plane. Feet were a little swollen but not even as bad as in the past. I arrived met my son & partner and succumbed to some chips and a drink & later a slice of pizza so all bad!! The portion size was small in my defence!!
    I slept ok, which is good for me and the jet lag I seem to be coping well.
    Day 2 Sydney harbour 8 am start and lots of walking heat much better a mere 27 I think!! made good choices for lunch a lovely chicken salad looking over the harbour & drinks I stuck with water!! 4.30pm went to The tennis and saw GB win!! Only had a coffee to keep me awake!! Late to bed but slept not as well but still ok for me!!
    Today had a wanderer bought a few bits and had an egg mayo salad so doing ok!! It will be interesting to do a whole 7 weeks with no scales. I am staying with Vegans for a couple of weeks as attending their wedding would love some advice if anyone knows what I can eat to hit my macros!! Salad with olive oil and nuts I assume?
    Well done to everyone old and knew, I have had a binge read today and hopefully caught up, you all seem to be doing great let’s hope I return from my adventure nearer to, or at my goal!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.