Journal to keep accountable

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Optimist
    on

Rachel78 Yesterday is gone. What matters is what you do today to get back on track.

• posted by becky papa
    on

5 kids + 1..wow Rachel I’m amazed you find time to do this at all !! I only have a husband and a mum at home ..mind you husband has just got back from Greece with boxes of sickly sweet baklava and kataifi….suggesting that just one wouldn’t hurt me …must be 800 calories in one cake!
    805 yesterday…back on track. Good luck everyone!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Thanks, Optimist and Becky Papa.

Great job on resisting baklava, Becky Papa, too. That would be a test!

Getting back on track since my Monday slip up. I’ve been well under 1000 each day since, but need to reduce my calories by about 100. I weighed myself on Tuesday morning and had gone up a whole kg. I really want to get that off and then some before next Monday’s weigh in. I’m determined not to quit, even if I haven’t done this perfectly so far.

How are you going holiday girl? I hope all is well.

Keep going everyone. We will do this!

• posted by Luella
    on

1400 cals yesterday and 790 today. I’m ok with this as I was 790 Monday too. So as many days I can do 800… and even when I’m “slipping up” I’m still heading for a weight loss. Brilliant things is that I’m not over eating and carbs. It’s actually a bit weird getting used to the change… at lunch I found it difficult to eat my chicken thigh as I wasn’t that hungry… I actually think this is how thin people feel. I was a slave to the sugar rollercoaster before this.

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All
    You are all doing so well. I was away last weekend and managed to stay on track with food but had far too much alcohol. Since i got home on Monday my eating has been out of control. I have even started eating bread and I’m not talking just one slice. 3 weeks today until my holiday. Tonight I feel as though I will never get back on track but then what is the alternative !! Let’s hope tomorrow is better. Well done the rest of you. I really feel I have let myself down AGAIN. Will post figures tomorrow if all goes well.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi Holiday Girl. So glad you’re still here! What’s done is done. Get back on track today and you’ll feel so much better. You can still have a good loss in 3 weeks.

My holiday is in 4 weeks today. I haven’t lost nearly as much as I’d hoped, but only have myself to blame for that. I feel as though my eating habits are changing for the better though and my appetite is shrinking, especially for sugar. I plan to go strong from here on in. After my holiday I think I’ll come back to a second round of 8 weeks to reach my goal weight.

Yesterdays calories 843. The weekend will be a challenge, but I’m determined to stay under 1000 calories each day (being realistic – a number of celebrations happening here).

Have a great weekend everyone!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Saturday’s cals: 879. 🙂 very happy considering I went to a birthday lunch and out for dinner, and it even included my glass of wine.

Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend and going strong xx

• posted by becky papa
    on

720 yesterday and today..getting better. friends over for the day tomorrow, going to be more challenging.
    Hope everybody else is going OK

• posted by Shrinkingviolet
    on

Hello! I’d love to join you all on this thread. I started BSD 800 on Tuesday 30th May after a terrible encounter with a full length mirror! I’m T2 and managed to knock a couple of stones off about 2 years ago to the delight of my diabetic nurse and GP. Low carb and > 10000 steps a day did it for me back then – hooray!!

Potatoes, rice and pasta never really bothered me but my epic fall off the wagon was down to my serious addiction to sweets and (OK,I’ll admit it) ice cream. I also started driving to work rather than walking the oh so easy 1.5 miles each way. There, it’s written down. I can move on.

So, after encountering this rather rotund old woman in the mirror last weekend, I had a serious talk with myself, pulled out the diet and recipe book, dusted off the digital scales and made a start on Tuesday. Bliss! In control at last! Such a relief! After knowing that I was doing serious harm to myself for many months, it’s a joy to know that I am back on the straight and narrow. So why did I do it then – it’s a mystery.

Food intake logged, trainers back in daylight for the brisk walk backwards and forwards to work – all is well in my world.

Michael Mosley and all who contribute to these forums (is that the right word for the plural of forum??) are my heroes at the moment, providing both fact and fabulous inspiration.

To the numbers (sorry, can’t relate to metric – it was “real money ” in my day – lol)

30th May. 12st 8.75lbs

4th June. 12st 1lb. Very happy dance – not a pretty sight – good job no one can see!

1st Goal. 18lb = 10% loss = 11st 4lbs.

Funny, that was my starting weight when I joined Slimming Club more than 30 years ago. A serious yo-yo-er here, my friends

Managing to keep around between 500 and 750 calls per day, so all well on that front!

My question to all you good people is – I’m confused that the books’ calories don’t match the app I’m using (Fatsecret UK) I don’t think that I’m entering the data incorrectly and I am definitely weighing and measuring ok. Please let me know if it’s just me!

There is my very first post to anything. Sorry for the length of it – I’ll try to rein it in, in future! Thanks for being out there – look forward to sharing all our fabulous successes over the coming weeks!

SV xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

About the calories in the book compared to Fatsecret, I would just pick one or the other and try not to worry about it. A lot of food has a natural variation, and different varieties or even sometimes quantities may have been used to determine the calorie counts in the books, but many people have successfully lost weight just following the meal plans in the books, so it averages out.

on

Thanks Mixnmatch! I’ll leave the app and continue with my hand written log! Feels more real that way!

Hope all of you are having a great day …………….

SV xx

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi Shrinking Violet and welcome – glad to have you join us! This is the first time I’ve ever been on a forum too. I’m finding it very encouraging, hopefully you will too. I’m an Aussie so don’t really grasp stones, lb’s etc, but after doing a quick conversion on google I think I’m around 11stone and want to get down to around 9 stone. Congratulations on all you’ve achieved so far! We will all be ‘shrinking violets’ together 🙂

Today’s calories: 768.

Hope you’ve all had a great weekend! Weigh in tomorrow..

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All
    Welcome shrinkingviolet Hope you find this thread as helpful as I have. This is also the first thread I have replied to but has been so helpful. Thank you rachel78 for your words of encouragement. I’m having a better day today and will weigh in the morning and start logging calories again tomorrow. I will say that since I have been eating off plan this week my sleep has been awful – waking up 2 or 3 times a night so hopefully now I’m back on plan this will improve.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Weigh in: 69.2kg – woohoo, so happy to be out of the 70’s!! 🙂 🙂
    Week’s loss: 1.8kg

on

Good Morning all!
    Thank you for your welcomes! Well done Rachel78!

This morning :-
    Weight. 12st 0.5lbs
    BG. 5.5

Walked 6 miles with a friend yesterday so 17,000 plus steps. Great to be out in the fresh air. I’m lucky enough to live in a town with lovely countryside on our doorstep.

964 calories consumed. I made the Courgetti Carbonara which is delicious. I ate the lot before I realised the recipe was for 2 servings! Doh! Another lesson in portion control.

Have a great day everyone!!

SV x

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Wow rachel78 what a great result. I have had a better day. Cal 955 which is way over what I was doing the week before last but so much better than last week when each day was thousands. I had hoped to get to 6okg for my hols but with only 3 weeks left I need to be realistic so I would now like to be 69 kgs for this holiday and 60kgs for my holiday in October. Let’s hope I don’t sabotage my efforts like I did last week. Hope every one else has had a good day. Today’s weigh in 74.3 kg

on

Good morning all!
    Hope you’re all doing well!
    Today’s weight : 11st 13.5lbs
    1st week’s total : 9.25 lbs
    BG : 4.5
    So happy with first week! I am so “in the zone” and hope to stay here for as long as possible.
    Here’s to my week 2! Best wishes for everyone’s continuing endeavours – we can, so we will!
    SV x

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi,
    Can I be a late joiner to the thread? I started on 1 May and have been lurking. In 5 weeks I have lost 6.5 kilos so happy with that. I tend to give up now but I have three weeks to holiday and would love to lose another 4… struggling to. E under 800 and closer to a thousand most days. Need to find my mojo to stay under 800 somehow. Also missing wine☹️Lucy Jane

• posted by becky papa
    on

I’m such an idiot!!! Only just realised that the blog has 2 pages, wondered why posts I had read or written kept disappearing !
    Hi Shrinkingviolet and Lucyjane..looks like you are both going well..9lbs loss in a week Shrinkingviolet, that’s amazing…..and congrats Rachel78 for getting under the 70kg..That’s where I hoped I’d be this week but didn’t happen.
    A bit disappointed in my loss this week, my average for the week was 802 cals and I’ve done loads of exercise but only lost 1kg (4.8kg in the 3 weeks ) weight 71.8kg..I suppose as I get closer to my target weight the loss will slow down but I could lose a kg in a week before without such a low intake…..on the positive my blood sugar is consistently low after eating and never above 4.4 in the morning..I really think I have reversed my diabetes…suppose will only tell when I test after eating more starchy/sugary foods. 3 more weeks of diet left, the I’m going to Nepal for 3 weeks, lots of rice and flatbread so that will be a good test!
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by Lazybones
    on

Hi I have never been on forums before!! So not sure what to do!! I have been in 3 meals no sugar for 11 days! I’m pleased with that but now need to kick start the weight loss!! I’m going to start the 800 calories tomorrow and would love to have some support and people to talk to who understand on here!! Am I posting in the right place ? 😳

on

Best wishes to you, Lazybones, starting Fast 800 today!
    My numbers this morning
    Weight: 11st 13.25lbs
    BG: 4.1 (Yay!)
    Yesterday’s steps: 11574
    Only a quarter of a pound at the scales this morning – I must not stress about that and just do what I’ve been doing! i know that there is encouragement to weigh often – not sure how I really feel about doing a daily weigh! Still, no-one is forcing me to stand on them, are they?!?!
    My focus is to reduce my blood glucose readings so that the HBA1C due in 3-4 months shows an improvement. I take Metformin and inject Victoza once a day for my diabetes. Is there anyone else using Victoza out there?
    Hope you all have a fab day, or had a fab day for those in the Southern Hemisphere!!

SV x

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi all
    Welcome Lazybones and Lucyjane – so glad to have you join us as we do this fast together 🙂
    Good on you, Holiday girl, for jumping back on the wagon! Do you have a nice, clear 3 weeks in the lead up to your holiday? Weekends away must be a real challenge.
    Well done, beckypapa, on averaging 800 cals – the weight will surely come off with how consistent you are (I’ve read on these forums about the ‘whoosh’ effect where the weight loss isn’t linear, but instead slow, then ‘whoosh’).
    I hope you’re going well, Luella??
    My cals so far this week: Mon ~800; Tues ~600; Weds ~2000 (oops!). I went to bootcamp at 5.30am this morning. It was a killer and I was hungry from too early on because of it. It sounds funny, but I think I lose weight better without vigorous exercise.
    Tomorrow I will make sure I stay under the 800. Off to bed now.
    Keep on going everyone xx

• posted by Ginger-Tail
    on

Hi
    I would like to join this group too! I’ve got a lot of weight to lose (not brave enough to say how much yet!) and embarked on this diet on Monday, so only 2.5 days in! I managed 800 cals on the first day and 900 yesterday. I thought I was on track yesterday but after keeping a record I see that I was not! I think being accountable will really help. Not eaten any carbs / sugar, so not all bad though.

Can anyone recommend any good recipe books and a place where I can record calories online?

Lots of great weight loss seems to be happening. Well done everyone!

• posted by Luella
    on

Hey everyone! I’m counting everyday but I’ve been out for a couple of Birthday meals and drank a lot… I ordered well though. Fish/ asparagus to start… no carbs. Made me really drunk though. I’m heading for 1000 cals today and that’s with a hangover

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All
    Today’s figures cal 762 carb 31.8.
    Feel so happy to be back under 800 cal at long last.

Ginger-Tail I can recommend the 8 week blood sugar diet recipe book I have made lots of the recipes and enjoyed them all except the chicken and mushroom pie . I do count the calories myself as I’m making the recipes as I don’t feel the calorie count in the book is accurate . Hope this is of help. (Also good to freeze some of the portions so I have something ready prepared for days when I am short on time, )

It’s been so encouraging to read all your losses everyone.

Hope your hangover is over Luella !!

Rachel78 I’m away again this weekend ! Will just have to try my best. I’m glad you said about exercise as I was thinking of starting some tonight but now I think I will go to bed instead 🙂

• posted by becky papa
    on

Hi Ginger-Tail
    for online tracking the FAST DIET website has a tracker for weight and body measurements
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk
    not sure if it does cals.
    I use the app Carbs & Cals on my phone for checking food values when not using a book, but you can also use it to record all your meals for the day in a diary and it gives cals, carbs, protein, fat etc., I think you can also add exercise.
    I mainly use a spreadsheet to record my food and exercise so its quick to look back and find a meal that worked well for cals.
    Carb & Cals series also has a good Soup cookbook.

Rachel 78 you are always so encouraging..I will await my downward whoosh in weight..in fact the scales did jump down 0.4kg overnight which cheered me up!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I use MyFitnessPal to log everything I eat. I use its diary feature to select the foods and does all the calorie, carb, fat and protein counting for me. I also use the recipe feature for when I make multiple portion meals.

A lot of people on this forum use FatSecret because it has a UK-specific website/app with a database of UK brands.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

hi ginger tail, I am a bit of a ‘lurker’, been reading for months….almost a year and only posting today for the first time. I have been doing a bit of a bsd principles/Mediterranean mix up with some intermittent fasting…i need to build up to a fast 800! Just wanted to say as you read different forums…there are a bunch of folk who have serious amounts of weight to lose (100 +) and who have lost loads, 80, 90, 100, 120+. We are all here for the same reason whatever the amount! I started my mix up at the end of Feb…weighing 20 st 4 lbs…yes 284 lbs 129kg…and I am aiming for 11 st 7 lbs..so whatever way you count it…a big number. I have been inspired and helped by so many folks’ stories, don’t let your starting numbers fret you…you are here and doing the business. Sorry this has been so long! Good basing
    towie

• posted by Anonymous
    on

hi gingertail, I am a bit of a ‘lurker’, been reading for months….almost a year and only posting today for the first time. I have been doing a bit of a bsd principles/Mediterranean mix up with some intermittent fasting…i need to build up to a fast 800! Just wanted to say as you read different forums…there are a bunch of folk who have serious amounts of weight to lose (100 +) and who have lost loads, 80, 90, 100, 120+. We are all here for the same reason whatever the amount! I started my mix up at the end of Feb…weighing 20 st 4 lbs…yes 284 lbs 129kg…and I am aiming for 11 st 7 lbs..so whatever way you count it…a big number. I have been inspired and helped by so many folks’ stories, don’t let your starting numbers fret you…you are here and doing the business. Sorry this has been so long! Good basing
    towie

• posted by Ginger-Tail
    on

Hi all

Thank you, Towanda57, becky papa, holiday girl and Esnecca. I am going to have a look at all the options for recording calories etc that you’ve recommended.

Your advice is much appreciated. I have just realised that I have miscalculated, so my calories are lower than I thought! Which is a bit of a result!
    Mon 770
    Tues 870
    Weds 880

A bit worried that the calorie count is going up. Determined to keep it down today.

Hoping for a big drop on the scales at the weekend!

• posted by Lazybones
    on

Hi I’m very new to this forum stuff!! It’s took me forever to work out how to reply!!! Well I think I’m in now? Ok I’ve been Sugar Free and mostly carb free for 13 days now!! I have felt extremely tired but I’m hoping I’ve come through that now!! I seem to be having a bit more energy!! Although never enough with my lot!!
    Ok I never weighed in as I don’t want to know😫Then I just obsess on the scales!! I’m 50 in 12 days and although I’ve left it a bit late for the day I’m determined to turn my life around and get slim healthy and fit!!! It’s my present to myself!! I have a little what’s app group with a few family members and friends and I find it really does help talking about it and knowing you are not alone in your daily struggles!!! So I hope I can help others and that you can all help me!!! We can reach our goals together on this one!!! I have the BSD book and recipe book which I’m still reading and studying!! It’s taken me a while to organise my kitchen in a completely different way!!! Home made only now!!! The kids have no choice 😃It’s gonna benefit all of us!! Look forward to hearing from you I can normally check on at night when I’ve got the kids in bed 🙋Good to meet you all 🙋

• posted by becky papa
    on

Is anybody else getting ‘ill’ with this diet. Into week 4 now having averaged out at around 800 cals for the first 3 weeks..and I have picked up a verruca (never had before), got conjunctivitis (never had before) and started a weird form of migraine ( another first!) maybe just a coincidence?…I think I’ve been eating really healthily but have now started taking some multi vitamins.. I’m going to stick with this for the next few weeks, then when I get back from holiday try a slightly higher intake (maybe pig out on 900/1000 cals )
    Also Towanda57, I was thinking the other day that people that have always been slim and then get old and still slim don’t get a boost…BUT if you have been young and not always so slim THEN getting older but slimmer I reckon you get the upside of feeling better about yourself despite getting older which you would miss out on if you’d always been slim ! My weight has yo-yoed between 59kg and 99kg through my adult life…I’ll be 60 next year and I’m determined to get into the dress I wore at my wedding (at age of 22)..it’s beginning to look achievable now…my target weight for end of this summer is 65kg , then just another 6kg to go before the big 60!

• posted by Luella
    on

I got ulcers last week which I don’t normally get, and a cold sore… I thought it was odd because I’m eating more veges than I would normally… and more berries!

I’m not managing to keep my cals at 800… but trying to do at least 2 days. The other days I’m eating much less than I would normally and no bread/ pasta/ rice is suiting me well. Everyone keeps saying how well I look and that I’m ‘glowing’ even though I’ve hardly lost any weight (yet?)

on

Becky Papa today must be a bit of an off day for us 59-ers!

Today, I have got a grumbling headache which just cannot be due to dehydration (I am slugging water for England!!) I have upped my calories to about 1000 just for today, to see if that helps.

I’ve also noticed that my vision is a bit blurry – Googled it (I always tell everyone NOT to Google – do as I say, not as I do!) could be down to low blood sugar – that’s what I’m aiming for – duh!?! Anyone else out there with the same issue? I am trying not to over analyse and stick with the programme as this is a lifestyle choice not a short term fix to reduce weight.

I, too, am 60 next year (did I really say that out loud?) My 50th was so depressing (I’m 27 in my head) that I am determined to face my 60s with health ( oh and a size 12 wardrobe, thank you very much 😊) This will work for me, it must, it must!!!

This morning my wretched scales read 11 st 13.25 lbs again – I’ve taken them to one side, had a quiet word to try harder tomorrow………

BG 4.1
    Steps. 14,000+ yesterday

Should really lighten up on myself – it’s going fabulously – probably headache related angst.

Best wishes to you all for a great day

SV x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Try adding a little salt to your food if you aren’t already doing so as this could be sodium deficiency, exacerbated by your increased water intake.

• posted by Leolass
    on

Hi shrinking violet,
    I’m a 59’er too but only got 9 weeks to go until I fall over the edge !
    I’ve started with spots (not had any for years) so am hoping its a detox with all the veggies and water intake and no chocolate.
    Im trying to keep an accurate record of intake and I would love to have a really good calorie and carbs counter to hand. Any advice ?
    Only started on Tuesday so still a long way to go.

on

Hi Leolass!
    I find that hand writing my intake is the best way to keep me on the straight and narrow, using the Internet for nutritional information. I use digital kitchen scales to weigh my food. It is so much easier now to do this! I remember the first time that I joined Slimming Club, around 40 years ago, and the best resource was a Calorie Counter book that got so dog eared through constant use. T’interweb is fabulous!

Practically, I just Google the foodstuff under investigation and find a UK website for the answers I need.

I also write my daily numbers – weight, BG, steps, exercise minutes (I wear an Iwatch that keeps tabs on my moving about all day!) I also copy down recipes that I come across as I’m surfing the. web. Not necessarily for the 8 week plan, perhaps for later. I have no doubt that I would forget what I found – part of the joys of heading towards the big 60! Never mind, no need to remember or know anything now, with a smartphone and a tablet, it’s all covered!!

I will be taking my book to my next Diabetes appointment, to show how the HBA1C results are being achieved. It will also serve as a reminder to me when I get disappointed or fed-up. I know that I will and start bemoaning about how rubbish I am at sticking to the new WOE, my book says that I’m not.

Well done for making a start! You’ll soon be feeling fabulous – even just doing it makes me feel so much better.

Very best wishes for your endeavours. Hope Thursday has been great and that Friday will be too!!
    SV x

• posted by becky papa
    on

Not doing very well this week…..since Monday 790, 910, 810, 910, 950..maybe over estimating a bit but haven’t been able to weigh everything this week….I did an 8 mile walk yesterday and 10 miles today (both very hilly) so hopefully burnt of some of those extra cals…they were all low carb except for the tiny slither of a friend’s b’day cake which is the first ‘sweet thing’ I have had since starting..it was delicious!
    I will get back to the plan tomorrow for a concentrated 2 weeks…hope everyone else is going well.

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hi Becky,
    I noticed in the recipe section that you really miss toast–well me too! The good news is I found a treasure in Weight Watchers bread which you just get in the grocery store. It is 50 cals/slice and 9 net carbs which is amazing!! They do whole wheat and white.
    Hope that helps,
    Liz

• posted by Ginger-Tail
    on

Hi everyone

Hope all going well. Becky Papa, sorry to hear you are not well. I am sure supplements would help. I take Perfect Woman tables daily anyway, so hope they will help (my husband says they aren’t working yet!!). I am also thinking about Lumity, which I’ve read about quite a lot. Yasmin Le Bon takes it – it’s so expensive but must be worth a go if I end up looking like her!

Anyway, after 6 days on this diet, I’ve lost 8 lbs which I am pretty pleased about. Cal counts:
    Thursday 800
    Friday 820
    Saturday 840

I’m still not very good at keeping to 800 but I will keep trying!

I really miss toast, and homemade cake (and baking) and wine. Canadaliz, thank you for the tip about bread – I may resort to it when really desperate.

Have a good weekend all!
    GT

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi Everyone.
    I hope you’re all going well!
    I wasn’t going to weigh in this week as I deviated from plan quite a bit and knew I’d put on weight. (Why oh why do I sabotage myself?!). Anyway, I’m determined to stick at it, so I’m back to keep accountable …
    Today’s weight: 69.9 (gain)
    Today’s plan:
    B broth with silverbeet, mushrooms and 2 poached eggs
    L healthy, homemade spiced pumpkin protein latte
    D more broth (I’ve been feeling run down and nothing picks me up like broth and veggies)
    That leaves me with 200 cals for snacks if I need it, which will be raspberries and maybe greek yoghurt.
    I’ll enter my calories at the end of the day to keep myself honest. Less than 3 weeks until I finish up this round to go on holiday. Must keep going
    Keep strong everyone. Have a great day
    xx

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All
    Hope you have had a good day. I’ve been away for the weekend – managed to keep on track on Friday and Sunday. Saturday I did well all day and then went mad eating everything in sight.
    Friday cal 844 carb 18.1
    Saturday thousands
    Sunday cal 760. Carb 20.6
    Today cal 824 carb 21.5

Today’s weight 72.9 loss 1.4 kg this week

Only 10 days until my hols so don’t know if I will make my target ( which has already been adjusted twice!!) of 69 kg

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Well done on your loss, holiday girl.
    I didn’t keep on track yesterday. 1300 cals. Got up for bootcamp at 5.30 again and I was so food obsessed throughout the day . I feel like I’m running out of oomph. I’ll be glad to have a break from counting calories when I go on holiday and will hopefully reenergise for a more focused round to get me to my goal (58 – still 12kg to go).
    Becky papa, please share with me how you manage so much exercise and still stick to the 800 calories. You’ve done remarkably well. Do you have any advise?
    Have a great day all

• posted by becky papa
    on

Hi all
    been AWOL for a while..had a minor family emergency when my mum 3 weeks after hip replacement had a bad fall while out walking, spent a day in A & E eating flapjacks and take-aways..then back and forward to hosp grabbing any food available ..no calorie counting and 1000s of carbs!!…but she is now fine and back out walking ( planning a walking trip to Alps in October ..at 85 yrs old she is amazing )..so I have a week left (current weight 70.7kg)….keep readjusting my target..now I’ll be happy if I can get under 70kg by next Monday..going to be really strict his week…not done as well as I hoped on this diet but overall I’ve lost nearly 20kg (over 3 stone) since I started way back in November , I feel that I will be able to dip back into this 800 routine to lose the final 5-10kg. Encouragingly my blood sugars stayed fine through the flap jack days.
    Candaliz, thanks for the bread tip…I did make broccoli bread but having some real stuff would be great.
    Rachel78, I don’t think my exercise compares to yours…bootcamp at 5:30am!!.. I use an exercise DVD for 45mins most days, walk/jog the dog…been doing long hilly walks to prepare for trekking in Nepal (live in South of England..so a challenge to find the steepest hills!)…I tend to use the exercise to put off eating..when I get hungry I take the dog out for an hour (dogs getting very thin!)

• posted by Ginger-Tail
    on

Hi all

So much for keeping accountable – I have been so busy at work that I haven’t had a chance to look in here. However, It’s been 2 weeks and I’ve lost almost a stone (can’t get to grips with kg!), so very happy with it at the moment. I have been trawling through the Hairy Bikers Diet books and Jamie Olivers Superfoods books and I have found some recipes which look good and loads of others which can be adapted. I find the recipes in the Blood Sugar Diet book a bit… diet-y. I suppose I should expect that as it is a diet! I am just about to make up some chia pots for breakfast and a batch of ragu from the Superfoods book. Hope they are as tasty as they look.

Beckypapa – I haven’t had a chance to do any exercise either but I think you are doing better than me! Even my dogs don’t fancy a walk in the heat.

Hope all going well with everyone. Enjoy the sunshine! (Is it just me or is the heat a bit much??)

GT

Please log in or register to post a reply.