Journal to keep accountable

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi all.
    I started BSD800 on May 1 and had a good first week, losing almost 3kg (amazing as I am a sloooow loser usually). I became complacent with carb consumption & recording my food in week 2 and nearly put it all back on! So I thought I’d keep an online journal of my daily calorie intake and weekly losses. Anyone else who also needs something to keep them accountable – please join me!
    Today’s weight: 73.3kg; goal: 58.

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi I would love to join you. I lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks last October on the BSD and really enjoyed the food. Since then I have put most of it back on. I have a holiday booked for the end of June and bought holiday clothes a while ago anticipating I would lose at least 28 pounds. Needless to say I haven’t !! Every day for the last 3 weeks has been my starting day . I eat well all day and then ruin it in the evening. I think (HOPE ) being accountable on here might help. I have to lose as much as I can in the next 6 weeks or buy new holiday clothes !

Weight this morning 76. 8 kg. Hope to lose 3kg by next Monday to give me a good start

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi holiday girl!
    Well let’s truly make today our starting day :). From many accounts it sounds as though a lot of weight can be lost in 6 weeks on this diet. I’m sure you’ll be looking and feeling fabulous in your new holiday clothes. I’m also going on holiday in early July, so that will keep me motivated too.
    Today was a good day. 807 calories and not hungry. A good (re)start for me.
    Have a great day!

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi Rachel78

Off to bed now so I don’t carry on eating.
    Totals for today cal 810 carbs 28

Being accountable on here has definitely helped as I really wanted to eat some bread and butter this evening.
    Well done on your day. We will do this!!

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Today’s figures
    Cal 824 carb 20.3
    A good day

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Well done, holiday girl!
    Yesterday I ate 1120 cals (oops, but not terrible). On track today. I’m saving cals for dinner & am going to go to bed early tonight so I don’t go over 800. I hope your day is going well.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Calories 667; carbs 29g ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Cal 837. Carb 27

It’s a good job I’m entering figures on here as Im craving some bread and butter but now my figures are entered I’m off to bed ! This is definitely helping me to stay on track. We’ll done on your day Rachel78

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Today’s figures cal 756 carb 17.8 but that is before a bowl of subway salad ( without meat etc) which I couldn’t find the figures for.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

You’re doing so well! good job, holiday girl ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have to say I’m struggling a bit, mainly with sticking to 3 meals, but I’ll get there. I have always been a grazer, and it’s a habit I’m finding hard to break, even when I’m not truly hungry. I gave up sugar for a while a few years back & I remember how freeing it felt to not always be on the prowl for a little treat. I’m hoping that feeling/ lack of desire will kick in soon! This time I don’t want to ever go back to eating sugar. I’d rather stay in control.
    Yesterday I had far too many carbs in the form of banana paleo mini muffins. Not a satisfying food choice.
    Yesterday’s calories 1073; carbs 69.
    Doing better today. Eggs, salmon and broth are winning foods for me. Do you mainly cook recipes from the book, holiday girl?
    Thanks for joining me in keeping accountable. It’s really helping me keep going.
    ‘hope you’re having a great day!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

cals 856; carbs 22

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi Rachel78
    I do cook quite a lot from the recipe book. I have enjoyed lots of the meals – cottage pie, bolognese, steak and coleslaw, lamb hotpot, lasagne, coq au vin, pork steaks in mustard sauce , cauliflower cheese , gammon and red cabbage , chicken wrapped in Parma ham are all favourites. The only thing I haven’t liked was the chicken and mushroom pie . I find it’s really handy to freeze the extra portions and then I have something for days when I haven’t got time for much preparation.

Tried on holiday clothes today – did not look good. Hope 5 weeks makes a big difference!!!

Being accountable on here this week has made a huge difference. I’m sure if you hadn’t had the idea I would still be having false starts every day.

I am going away tomorrow for 2 days so won’t be able to count the calories but will try to stick to the principals. I will log my weight on Monday. Have a good weekend .

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Forgot to put today’s figures
    Cal 611 carb 10.3 and then a subway salad bowl but still don’t know figures for that

Well done on your day

• posted by becky papa
    on

Can I join??? Just registered on website…started 800cal diet on 17th May..was planning 5:2 approach but decided after 2 days to go the whole hog for 6 weeks..so only 5 days in 810,730,810,940,760 and feeling pretty hungry but still determined. I was looking for somewhere on this website to log my data and progress but couldn’t find it..but I think being accountable to some fellow suffers would be great

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi becky papa you are very welcome to join us. I have found it has really helped keep me keep on track over the last week. I am away for the weekend so won’t be entering any figures until Monday evening. I haven’t been too off the plan while away – have watched my family eat a McDonald’s meal and lasagne and chips while I had salad but I did succumb to a lager. Hope the scales will be kind on Monday. Hope you are doing well Rachel 78

• posted by Luella
    on

Hello! Can I join in too? I started last Monday and I’m feeling really good about this diet but my calories are already creeping up so wanted to be accountable too! Good idea ladies…

I’m one week in tomorrow. I won’t know my total loss as my scales only arrived on Wednesday! But that’s ok. More incentive to lose more on week 2!

• posted by Luella
    on

Cals – 328, 1008, 864, 914, 1970,1258

Monday I was jetlagged and slept all day. Not sure what happened Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday felt like I was doing it right. Drank a bottle of champagne on Friday and too much at a BBQ on Sat. I feel ridiculous writing these cals down as I thought I was doing it right. Anyway… that’s why I’m here! I’m through the worst of the sugar cravings and now I just want to get those calories down!!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi Luella and becky papa – welcome! Glad to have you join us. I’ve been so grateful to holiday girl for joining me this past week or I know I would be starting again next week. Having accountability buddies definitely helps :). Luella, my calories have been a bit up and down too – I’m aiming for more consistency next week as I get into the swing of things. We’ll get there.

Hi holiday girl. It sounds like you’ve had amazing control while you’ve been away. Well done you! Thanks for your meal recommendations too. Today i made lamb hotpot and the bolognese and have divided them into individual portions to freeze.

Yesterday’s cals were 1519 (eek); today’s, under 500.

I know I’m not going to have the loss I was hoping for tomorrow, but it should still be a loss. Will be back tomorrow to record …

• posted by becky papa
    on

Hi..thought everything was going well…..walked a very hilly 12km yesterday and only had 760 cals…stepped on the scales and I’d gone up by 500g !!! I know I shouldn’t weigh myself everyday but I do, when it goes down gives me the motivation to stick with it…..don’t know how you guys do under 500 cals…under 800 is a real effort for me..even the dog starts to look appertising! Had to watch my friends devour hamburgers/chips in the pub after the walk.
    I need to make a batch of Bolognese as they would be a good back up meal. Going to Nepal for some volunteering and trekking in 6 weeks, want to reverse my diabetes so I don’t have to worry too much about the food there..v.good incentive!
    My husband eats like a horse all the ‘wrong stuff’ , never puts on weight and has very low blood sugar..so it’s lovely to have some ‘diet buddies’. Good luck everyone

• posted by becky papa
    on

730 today, lowest so far..if weight goes up tomorrow the scales are going out the window.

• posted by Luella
    on

Thanks for the encouragement. I had courgetti for the first time tonight and Ragu from the Helmsley & Helmsley cook book. Delicious!! Was over 800 again but tomorrow is my focus. I love how I feel so I want to lose so will stick to the 800

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Weigh in day
    weight: 71.5kg
    week’s loss: 1.8kg
    loss since May 1: 3.3kg

Becky papa, you have done so well with consistently sticking to around 800. You will definitely lose weight if you keep at it – especially with all of the walking you are doing! Don’t be discouraged by daily fluctuations on the scales. Easier said than done, I know. I can’t weigh myself daily – it does my head in.

Luella, how good is courgettii?! I love it fried with butter and bacon, or with pesto.

Hoping the scales are really kind to you today holiday girl!

Best wishes all for a great week ahead ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Luella
    on

Congratulations Rachel78 – a great weekly loss! And thank you for the tip on courgetti fried with bacon & pesto!! Yum!! That’s going on the menu this week!

I’ve decided that today is my official start date. I didn’t have scales last week, and ended up way over cals celebrating last week (and have hardly moved) so today is my Day 1. Hope I do as well as you all seem to be doing !!

Good look everyone x

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All,

Week one weigh in 74.7 kg which is a 2.1 kg loss.
    I had been hoping for 3kg but I think sometimes I set my goals too high. I managed well all weekend while away and then came home last night and ate 2 slices of toast and butter and a giant Biscuit bar. So cross with myself. I did feel a bit down yesterday as photographs had been taken over the weekend and I just looked so big in them. All the more reason to continue !!!

Well done Rachel78 on your loss.
    Welcome Luella I hope you find entering your figures as much of a help as I have. I think that’s what I thought yesterday I’m not entering figures today so it doesn’t matter if I go off plan.

Hope the scales have been kinder to you today Becky Papa. – I weigh every day too. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not.

I think I have to try and fit in more exercise this week.

Have a good week everyone. We can do it.

Today’s figures cal 696 carbs 40. This is because I ate a shortbread finger. No more off plan for me !!!

• posted by becky papa
    on

.Week 1 weigh in tomorrow morning:
    yesterday 730 today was 840 but average for the 7 days is 803 which is what I was aiming for…I will be very happy with a 2 kg drop…I have realised that I’m not going to see the drastic result that I was hoping for..I’ve been dieting low carb for nearly 6 months now and lost 15kg . I don’t think I was having more than 1000/1200 cals usually a day so I suppose it’s not a drastic drop in cals so can’t expect a drastic drop in weight…but if I could lose 8Kg in the 6 weeks I would be in middle of ‘healthy weight’ range so just reset my targets!!!

• posted by Luella
    on

Wow Beckypapa !! 15kg loss to date is great. That’s what I need to lose to get into a healthy weight range. I know it’s going to be a long time with no carbs so trying to think long term.

Today was much better!! I planned ahead, had breakfast/ lunch/ dinner and came in at 836. My only cheat was some melon while I waited for my husband to get home and have dinner… that’s the problem with eating at 7.30pm.

I tried to be more active today and walked 6,000 steps but I think that I need to actually go for a walk to get to the 10,000. Will do this tomorrow!!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Good morning all.
    Yesterday’s cals: 647; carbs 18 :). I’ve woken up pretty hungry though ..
    Well done on your loss holiday girl – very impressive given that it included a weekend away.
    Have a great day everyone.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Cals 788; carbs 50g (taste tests of paleo apple crumble)
    Feeling good, but temptation is all around as I’m always preparing so much food for my hungry teenage boys
    Tomorrows goal= carbs under 30

• posted by Luella
    on

Cals – 825. Hoping to hit my walking target today… just off to top it up with a walk

• posted by becky papa
    on

Week 1 weigh in : Lost 2.3Kg (weight 73.9kg) happy with that. Also planning to increase the exercise this week.
    You all seem to be going well….in awe of your 648cals Rachel78…I feel hungry all the time! Have trouble believing these people that say they’ve lost 3 stone and never felt hungry!! maybe that just don’t like food! I’m not counting carbs as using the 8 week Blood Sugar diet where there doesn’t seem to be a bit of bread/pasta/potato in sight….although I was very upset to be diagnosed with diabetes just before Christmas it does make it much easier to resist all the cakes/chocolate/desserts and the starchy carbs..didn’t ever think I’d see it as a positive !
    780 cals today , good start to week 2
    Keep going everyone hopefully we will be shadows of our previous selves soon!

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Well done Becky papa that is a great loss. I’m just home from a meal out with friends so couldn’t count calories and there wasn’t anything BSD on the menu so just did the best I could. Will get back on it tomorrow. I’m away again from Friday until Monday – feel as though life is getting in the way of the diet but will just have to do my best

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Well that wasn’t an easy day for me. Snacking is still such a bad habit I need to break. I was going to skip dinner to keep under budget today, but I couldn’t follow through :(. Some days I’m not hungry at all, others, like today .. famished.
    Calories: 993 (could have been more – it was difficult to choose what count to go for for dinner on mfp)
    Carbs: 31
    Tomorrow’s goal: NO SNACKING
    Hope your day has gone well all. Well done on your great loss Becky papa.

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi All,
    Today’s figures. Cal 882 carb 28.7

Yet again I succumbed to a shortbread finger ( included in the above figures) but not a good choice. I have no will power.

Tomorrow’s goal : to stay totally on the plan

• posted by Luella
    on

Calories today – 1038. I went over as I had lunch out but it was carb free and I think I’ve probs over estimated the calories (it was avocado and bacon salad so not bad at all)

Struggled in general today with weakness… took all my willpower not to eat my sons beans on toast. I had kale with a Helmsley + Helmsley Ragu instead so very proud of myself!

• posted by becky papa
    on

790 yesterday and I started jogging some of the dog walk…the dog looked at me as though I’ve gone mad!!
    I think it’s amazing that we are at a point where we feel guilty when we eat 900/1000 calories….
    Well done Luella…must be very hard..I struggled not to eat my children’s ‘left overs’ when they were little.
    I’ve got a couple of days home alone which makes everything easier!

• posted by holiday girl
    on

Hi all
    Today’s figures cal 758 carb 19 ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’m going away now until Monday so a little worried about any damage I might do. I don’t think it will be food but alcohol that will do the damage. Hope you all have a great weekend. You are all doing so well. I don’t think I will weigh until mid week or the Monday after as if I do put on it will upset me.

• posted by Luella
    on

I get myself weighed every week on a professional scale so I know how much I’ve lost… only 1llb in a week!! Feeling demotivated about the whole thing and feeling yet again that diets don’t work for me ๐Ÿ™

Then I think…. I feel great. Following this diet is easy enough (even if I’m a bit over now and again)… so keep going.

I’d just like to have a big loss to spur me on that it’s working

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Hi Luella. Please don’t give up!!! Being a slow loser myself I’ve been where you are so many times over the past ten years since having my last baby, & regrettably have given up as many times due to being discouraged. 25kg & assoc. health complications later… A loss is still a loss and it will still get you toward your goal, however long it may take. Hoping your next loss is a big one though and gives you the spur you need. It’s awesome you’re feeling great on this way of eating. Me too, when I stick to it.

My stats:
    yesterday: cals- 747, carbs- 46
    today: cals- 792; carbs- 71 :O
    (obvs room for improvement in terms of carbs)

It may be a tricky week ahead. I’m doing a lot of baking next week for my little girl’s birthday party and also have a number of social events in the next 10 days. Wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your weekend away, holiday girl, and enjoy the ease of time alone, Becky papa. Keep going everyone xx

• posted by Luella
    on

Thanks Rachel78! I needed that.

I sulked last night and had a couple of glasses of red wine but I’m back today! Currently tucking into a tuna salad and I’m stuffed…I’m sure it’ll come off eventually but I’m always jealous of peoples losses….

So feeling good for the weekend ahead. I do feel so much better with my blood sugar not all over the place and constantly hungry ….

• posted by becky papa
    on

Don’t give up Luella….I actually went up last week for a while….very depressing!
    Cals for last days 760 and 810..but still hungry all the time….the book says this should get better after 2 weeks…I hope so!
    Good luck over the weekend everyone !

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi becky papa, I hope you don’t mind me butting in when it’s not my thread but I wondered, if you’re still hungry all the time, are you eating enough good fat? It helps you stay full for longer. I found it hard to get my head around after years of low fat but it really works. A bit of olive oil drizzled on your veg or salad, saute veg in a little butter, full fat greek yoghurt and dairy.

It does get easier, in fact after 14 weeks my struggle now is to eat 800 cal, often I’m at 600 at the end of the day though I try to get over 700 at least. I’m a sow loser and have had my share of plateaus but still lost 12kg (26lb)in 14 weeks. Good luck!

• posted by becky papa
    on

Thanks mariet
    think you’re right. I woke up feeling dreadful, a bit dizzy awful headache……I had a cooked breakfast (egg quorn sausage tomato mushroom cooked with olive oil) which was low in carbs but higher on fat and protein…then a no carb ploughman’s for lunch with small portion of cheese and walnuts..and feeling much better today…I think yesterday was a low…I wasphysically tired and v. hungry..full of energy today!
    12Kg in 14 weeks is great and looks like you’ve completely re-educated your stomach! Mine’s a bit of a slow learner ….but I’m very stubborn so I know I’m going to stick with it!

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Good morning all. I hope you’ve had a good weekend!
    I went AWOL on Saturday and paid for it today in my weigh in. Oh well. My stomach is a slow learner too, Becky Papa … or maybe it’s my will power in social situations?
    Anyway, todays figures:
    weight: 71.0 (0.5kg loss)
    loss since May 1: 3.8kg
    Back to it today. Good luck everyone!

• posted by Luella
    on

I’m starting again today.

I really like it so I’m going to stick to it!!

• posted by Smaus
    on

Luella

Apologies for butting in, but I really feel for you and I hope you will read this slight lecture in the spirit it is meant – which is with the best of intentions to encourage you.

I and probably everyone else on these boards have been where you are on the “restart” front which results in feeling as if I have failed. But, for some reason on this regime I have hit a mental reset button, and managed to simply put any lapses behind me and just keep going. There is nothing to “restart”, you just continue after a deviation. Try to celebrate the fact that you are eating less and fewer simple carbs than you used to. If you keep it up at these levels you will lose weight and your blood sugars will likely stabilise.

Why do I say this? Well, being in a more positive frame of mind has kept me going for 10 weeks, with a 14.5kg loss in that time. I have never lost so much in one go. I averaged 900 cals and 50 g carbohydrates for the first 8 weeks and have eased off to 1000 for the last two. I have had my fair share of lapses, mostly involving fizzy alcohol and pudding but I have counted them in, moved on and not beaten myself up about it.

So, please, if you can, stop restarting and start keeping going, I am sure you will be rewarded – Good Luck!

Smaus

• posted by becky papa
    on

Today’s weigh in: weight 72.7 a 1.5Kg loss this week….was hoping for 2kg ..being doing more exercise, weighing everything religiously (average daily calories for week 788)..but I managed to do up (just) a skirt this morning that I haven’t been able to wear for 3 years so that was encouraging.
    2 weeks down…4 weeks to go!

• posted by Luella
    on

Nailed it. 762 calories today. I can and will do this.

Well done everyone, I find this thread motivating

• posted by Luella
    on

And thank you Smaus. Do you know something, I was there before I even read your comment. You’re 100% right. I feel loads better since starting this, my clothes feel a little looser and my blood sugar has stopping going up and down. I no longer wake up in the morning wanting to eat, I’m not thinking about food all of the time. I’m enjoying eating much more vegetables and I just don’t miss pasta etc (yet?). I do feel great! So I’m not restarting, in carrying on… thank you x

My aim is to change forever. And if I keep eating like the way I have the last 2 weeks I’m bound to shift the weight eventually. It would be impossible not to.

• posted by becky papa
    on

Well done Luella 762 is great…860 for me today had too many cals for breakfast…not a great start to week 3 but I’ll do better tomorrow.

• posted by Rachel78
    on

Well done on your low calories and perseverance, Luella.
    Congratulations on your 1.5kg loss, Becky Papa!

Not a great start for me this week. The sugar monster attacked on Monday and I succumbed :(. I’m baking a LOT this week and I’m going to need to be strong headed about not even taking a little taste (as it always inevitably leads to more). MM talks about setting up the house/ pantry for success, but it’s tricky when you have 5 kids and a husband who would cry mutiny if I did.

Monday’s calories: a billion
    Tuesday’s cals: 799
    Meals all planned for today and I’m going to stick to it no matter what.

Keep on everyone. Have a great day xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.