I've started!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Hi Squidge, I made some rolls this morning & tried one with my salad at lunchtime. It was very nice and filling. The recipe was from diet doctor site. There are lots of recipes on there and online. I made some raspberry muffins last week & they were good too. Everything is freezable so they are not sitting around in a tin tempting me. Both recipes are low carb which is even better!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jules, during 10 months of the Fast800, I always ate very simply.
    My creativity in the kitchen has returned with a vengeance,
    however, and I credit LTC’s thread “Good Eats” for the re-
    awakening. Stop by and have a look at her recipes and links
    when you become bored with your usual fair. I’ts very true that
    the longer you abstain from past temptations, the less they
    exercise any control and/or cravings over you. Weeks become
    months, and so on πŸ™‚ Swimming sounds like a perfect strategy
    for rebuilding leg strength when you’re cleared to do so. You
    already have all the tools that you’ll need to keep building on
    future successes. Bravo!

• posted by JulesB
    on

Thanks Allie. I will have a look at good eats, to increase my menu repertoire.
    You are an inspiration!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi JulesB and Squidge,
    I started on this WoE in October 2017, I fell off the wagon big time the second week after having had one carb based meal. I tend to really go for it when I try something, so aimed for around 20g of carb a day for the next couple of months. The next time I tried a slice of toast, I couldn’t work out why it used to be pleasurable, it tasted completely different.

So my advice would be to focus on resisting completely for a couple of months and afterwards you may find the cravings get easier.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Hi JGwen
    I try to keep under 20g of carb, its just a couple of occasions when I have splurged on the carbs. But I know that the cravings will lessen as time goes on and tastes change over time.

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Hi all, how are you getting on? I have just finished week 8 and have lost exactly 21lbs!!? I’m so excited, I weighed myself yesterday and I was the same as almost two weeks ago, don’t understand what I’ve done right!? Hope you are all having good losses too.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Morning Sandy13
    That’s a great loss, and also a great motivation. My 8 weeks ended on Thursday and had lost 27lb. I now have just over 6 weeks to my holiday and would like to lose another stone before then. Have a good weeke everyone!

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Thanks Jules, yours is impressive though and I think another stone off for you is realistic, so go for it!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done Sandy and Jules.

I’ve put on a couple of pounds! Totally my fault as I pretty much abandoned the diet for a while – a combination of a couple of stressful things happening, guests to stay and then the horrible weather. I’m back on the BSD today and should soon be back on track.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Thanks Sandy

I need to get into my shorts, which I can just get into, but can’t actually walk in them!!

• posted by JulesB
    on

Hey Squidge

These things happen, its life! At least you are now in the ‘normal’ range which is fantastic. I’d love to be normal (in more ways than one!)

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Oh Jules, you do make me chuckle, I can just picture it! It reminds me of an episode of Air Wiedersehn Pet. They are getting ready to go to Spain and one of them gets into a very small pair of shorts & can’t walk or sit in them!.ha, ha.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Sounds like me. And I certainly wouldn’t be able to sit down. There would be a loud ripping sound, followed by them falling apart at the seams and my big knickers on display for the world to see!

• posted by Squidge
    on

It’s only my weight which is normal, I can assure you!

• posted by JulesB
    on

hahaha – that’s all of us then!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, Jules, you do make me laugh πŸ™‚ Self deprecating humor is altogether in “my wheelhouse” and has seen
    me past some trying moments in life! I completely enjoy what you have to say, and the manner in which
    you say it. Soo refreshing!
    Squidge, it’s great to hear that you’re back on track πŸ™‚
    Carry on!

Allie

• posted by JulesB
    on

Thanks Allie
    Pleased I made you smile ☺. I try to keep a positive and humorous outlook on life, otherwise it would be boring. Had good news today – I can start driving (the predictive text keeps trying to change driving to drinking!) and I am able to walk without crutches indoors. I now have ‘Frankenstein’s leg’, but that’s a minor issue now I can back to walking again!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m completely with you, Jules πŸ™‚ I don’t in the least mind being the butt of my own jokes, either! It’s a
    powerful antidote to taking ourselves too seriously, I think. I’ll be checking in here more often to be a
    party to the good cheer…It’s wonderful to hear that you can ditch the crutches, too. Your armpits will
    thank you, I’m sure πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Squidge
    on

Jules, you’re not the butt of that jokes. It’s your but which is the butt ….

Sorreeee.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Allie and Squidge
    I am happy to be the butt of my own jokes. And my actual butt, doesn’t mind either, although it is yearning to get into those damned shorts!

• posted by JulesB
    on

I may have to go to Butt Busters

• posted by alliecat
    on

Ha, Jules, no butt busters necessary…the BSD will accomplish this for you. I need to take special care
    nowadays that I don’t slip through the toilet seat and take an unscheduled bath πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie – you have such a way with wordsπŸ˜ƒ you’ve painted such a picture ( and brought a smile to my face) but never fear, I’m a dab hand, with many years of experience, at standing by, offering a warm towel (and consolation) to those taking an unscheduled “early bath”😜 Too many years spent supporting my, not always successful, rugby playing sons. Very happy to offer my services to you, too. X

• posted by JulesB
    on

Wow Allie
    You must have a petite butt! I fear falling through, getting stuck and having to call the fire brigade to cut me free…

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Jules, I can just picture that, it’s like the old funny postcard you bought at the seaside!
    I don’t dread getting jammed in the toilet seat but I am paranoid about being too fat for the plane seats. From here I always go either easyJet or Ryanair, neither of them are very generous with their seating. Hopefully, by 3rd April I should be ok.

• posted by JulesB
    on

Sandy
    Yes those budget airlines have a lot to answer for. Small seats and no luggage. I need a big case for my big knickers.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Crazy ladies, I know that I’m getting out of hand here, but I’ll proceed with this story, anyway (blame it
    on Theo πŸ™‚ ) Back in bad, old fat days, I had THIS delightful experience…Sometimes I don’t turn the bathroom
    light on because it’s linked to a fan that sounds like you’re sitting on the tarmac at the airport, with all of
    its deafening roar. My beloved brother in law had just been here, and left the damned seat up. I was
    operating in dimlight conditions without my glasses on either. The inevitable occurred πŸ™‚ I flailed around
    in that condition, like a turtle flipped on its back for what seemed like an eternity, until I could extricate
    myself and leap into the shower. My brother in law is listed in “Who’s Who in America” for his professional
    accomplishments, but mastery over the simple courtesy of putting the toilet seat back down appears to
    be beyond his ken. Nice to have it in my arsenal to embarrass him with, however! He was my biggest
    support during o/h’s medical problems in 2017, so I disclose this incident very much “tongue in cheek”.
    Enough of this preoccupation! What productive thing can I do with the remainder of the afternoon?
    Ironing? Hmm, I think not πŸ™‚

• posted by JulesB
    on

Oh Allie what a great tale!
    Maybe he should be listed in ‘Who’s Loo’
    Life’s too short for ironing, listen to some music and dance instead.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re definitely trouble, Jules! I really need to hold my water glass out of range of my laptop when
    you’re posting πŸ™‚ Who’s Loo, indeed! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by JulesB
    on

I wasn’t sure if you would know what a loo is as I think you are in USA?

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are correct, Jules, I am an American, but I take great delight in incorporating any and all elements of
    the British lexicon into my everyday speech. There is always a ready supply of new terminology to aid
    in my education on the “Positives…” thread. “Bollox” is so much more genteel than what I usually have
    to say when a cartoon of eggs flies out of the refrigerator and creates a disgusting mess on the floor πŸ™‚
    The one expression that does confound me however is “shifting weight”! To me, that suggests that it
    moves from one place to another on the body, rather than being sent packing, once and for all! Water and
    more water seems to be the key to accomplishing this feat. Bottoms up, everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, firstly…………errrr how come I get the blame for your toilet humour? I’m not complaining, you understand, only enquiring😜

Secondly, what is it about men and leaving toilet seats up? Personally, I insist on both the seat and the lid being down at all times, other than when the loo is actually in use, but I have yet to meet a man who either agrees or obliges. (And, to be fair, this has been known to backfire on me, when a male guest in the house has floundered his way to the loo in the middle of the night, not put the light on and………….well, you can imagine the rest!!πŸ™„) Anyway, my penchant for a closed loo means that I seem to spend half my life closing toilets, surely I should let this one go? There are far more constructive ways to spend one’s time. Like ironing for instanceπŸ˜‹

Thirdly, love your self-deprecating story about you, the loo and your brother in law – and the “Who’s Loo” is priceless!. Well done, Jules.πŸ‘

Lastly, word “shift” over here has a number of meanings (used both as a verb and a noun), one of which is “to remove” something, often with difficulty – for example, a biological detergent will “shift” a stubborn stain. Thus a diet can “shift” weight. Hope this helps.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I don’t associate you with toilet humor, Theo, but you are the catalyst for uncontrollable laughter
    from my little corner of the world πŸ™‚ However, the wonderful, quick witted Jules may also be a
    contender for this exalted position. Between the 2 of you, I might well abandon my responsibilities
    altogether, and be destined to live in an out of control environment, with ironing left undone,
    no groceries in the house, and meals left uncooked. To survive you both, I may have to develop
    the discipline (what’s that?) to turn off my laptop.
    On the other hand, I read my husband the riot act on my expectations with respect to proper
    protocol when it comes to management of both the toilet lid and the seat, on day 2 of our
    honeymoon πŸ™‚ I made it quite clear that I had no intention of continuing the practices of his
    prior fraternity house living arrangements. In those early days he was very willing to “please”,
    and it is a practice that continues to this day. I should have capitalized on more of those
    opportunities back then….Perhaps I could of prevented having to attach a bio-hazard warning
    to the exterior of the door to his study. I simply don’t have the same leverage that I did 48
    years ago πŸ™‚ I keep threatening to submit his name for the American television program entitled
    “Hoarders”. He’s oblivious to his surroundings however, so it’s safe to assume that no progress
    will occur on that front. When a battle of wills is “on the table” for discussion, I generally lose
    those little skirmishes. Just saving my energy for more important things, haha!
    I’ll try to return tomorrow with my “serious” face in place πŸ™‚ and no more tales from the toilet!
    And thank you for explaining the nuances of “to shift”!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, our bearded ones are SOO alike that I am more and more convinced that they are actually the same person and we have been sharing him all these years. Apart from the fact that yours seems to have received better training in the toilet department. But, of course, that could be his secret ploy to lull our suspicions and ensure non-detection in the act of bigamy πŸ˜‰ Can certainly empathise with the hazard waste warning on the study door – mine needs one of those too😨

Please don’t adopt your serious face – you brighten my day, every day, not only with your pearls of wisdom but, more importantly, to me anyway, with your humour. Laughter is such a precious gift. And besides, just think how many calories it uses…………πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ˜

• posted by marie123
    on

Hang on: big knickers, tight shorts, big bottoms, small plane seats, toilet mishaps, and now the tangled love interests – have I just wandered onto a ‘Carry On’ film set ?

• posted by JulesB
    on

Its the script for a new reality TV series: “Big Knickers – the highs and lows of BSD-ers”

• posted by marie123
    on

Now there’s an idea !

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Marie123, not a carry on film, any self respecting carry on film had a raft of jokes about big busts, and that is one thing experienced (female) BSD’s lack.

• posted by marie123
    on

JGwen – well, that’s just made me laugh out loud. True, sad, but oh so true!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Is there such a thing as “death by laughter”? We may test that hypothesis in the coming days…

Marie, I’m so glad that you have stumbled into our “reality” series! The cast of characters can
    definitely do with some expansion..Welcome πŸ™‚

JGwen, I coined the term “depleted frontal assets” on another thread. I am far and away the
    poster child for this predicament….When I do leave the house, I now wear an enhancement
    brassiere that actually weighs 2 lbs πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Theo is one of our exceptions however. She’s still
    stopping traffic and causing auto accidents in beautiful Cornwall. That’s why I’m a little
    apprehensive about our bigamy situation…O/h may never return if he remains under the
    “influence” of her charms for too long!

Theo, you brighten my day, too, in too many ways to quantify or qualify. Not only are we
    burning extra calories, but just think of all the endorphins (natural opiates) that we can tap
    into by simply logging on! I don’t think a substance abuse program is in our futures, though πŸ™‚
    I’m delighted to become an addict, should that occur….

You’re naughty, Jules! While Theo is off to take Africa by storm in April, I’m looking to you
    for inspiration πŸ™‚ May your shorts never fail you! Keep us posted….

Intentions to the contrary, I don’t think this is going to be a “serious day” either!

Allie

• posted by JulesB
    on

Afternoon Allie

I know I’m naughty, I always have been. I thought I would grow out of it, but never have and suspect never will. I’m sorry to disappoint but I too will be away in April – visiting your beautiful country in fact, which offers numerous delicious temptations! I am considering pinning the aforementioned shorts above my desk to remove all thoughts of food from my mind and visualise not looking like 10lb of spuds squeezed into a 5lb bag.

On another note my endorphins made me quite giddy last night. He thought I had been drinking.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, yet again, Allie – I was going to post about my continuing frontal assets, but didn’t like to be seen as “boasting”, let alone “flouting” themπŸ˜‹πŸ˜˜ Their size has dropped considerably, thank goodness (far more comfortable) but still a very respectable 32DD, but not sure that would qualify me for a starring role in a Carry On film! Did you ever even get the Carry On films across the pond? They seem to be a very British humour genre! But despite no longer being well enough endowed to warrant a new career in film, I shall be showing off my assets In my new swimsuits when in Africa (only 6 weeks to wait now). Hopefully, I won’t shock the wildlife too muchπŸ˜‹πŸ˜Ž

How much missed humour I will have to look forward to by the time I am back in the world of wifi😁

And if I get to keep the Bearded One full time, that will be great, providing you keep the clutter.πŸ˜‹πŸ˜˜πŸ˜

• posted by Sandy13
    on

Theodora, I think all you would need is a push up bra & a low cut top, then you’d be a star! I don’t think Barbara Windsor was very big but seemed to show all (in carry on camping, anyway) or almost all.

Jules, I was once told by my manager that I had a weird sense of humour. I put that down to my Mum & my 2 older brothers, I was brought up listening to the goons and the navy lark! My children think I’m mad & i know I’m not going to change now and don’t particularly want to!

• posted by JulesB
    on

Hi Sandy
    My daughter just asked me what I wanted for Mother’s Day as she had looked at the typical presents but nothing was suitable as I was not like other Mum’s. She said I was weird. Actually I am just a 15 year old punk trapped in a 54 year olds body.

• posted by alliecat
    on

That’s IT, Jules! You’re actually 15 at heart πŸ™‚ Pink hair, perhaps, or maybe an acid green streak
    in your coiffure? I was more or less my parent’s only “wild child”, also. Where will you be visiting
    here? I’ll have to keep an eye on cable news for any seismic shifts in the atmosphere. and no, I
    don’t mean anything to do with weight πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Sandy, my sense of humor has been known to be quirky too, and I’ve never managed the feat
    of acting my age, either. The one advantage to being at the far end of my 60’s is that I can
    almost safely now say “I’m too old to change”! I have a much beloved brother in law, always
    the master of understatement, who made this remark recently: “Al, I’ve always enjoyed the
    rather unique way you have of expressing yourself…” I do horrify my sister on occasion, however.
    I’m highly allergic to political correctness, shall we say???

Oh, and Jules, I was also accused of being somewhat “high” last evening! I couldn’t stop
    chattering…An overload of endorphins, I agree. Absolutely, categorically true, I might add πŸ™‚

• posted by JulesB
    on

My mother used to despair when I was 15, but we are the best of friends now. My sister was the good one.
    We are going to Orlando as my daughter who is 23 is coming with us and desperately wants to go to Harry Potter World. We are then driving to New Orleans for Jazz Fest. We are then going on a Caribbean cruise for a week. As you can imagine I feel right at home in New Orleans!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oooh Jules – lucky you. I just ADORE New Orleans.

Allie, my daughter (who is pretty zany herself) often says that I act my shoe size, not my age πŸ˜‰ Sounds as though you do too😜

• posted by JulesB
    on

Theodora
    I do too! The food (!), the people and the music are all just amazing

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a wonderful holiday to look forward to, Jules! I’ve never had the experience of being at
    “Mardi Gras”, or New Orleans, either. I look forward to hearing what you think of the changes
    to the city post hurricane Katrina. We used to have a “Fat Tuesday” party for about 30 every
    year, and serving creole food, parading about in feathered masks, and blasting New Orleans jazz
    from the CD player was great fun. We even dragged o/h’s childhood trumpet from out of the attic,
    and allowed others to screech and moan with it. Neighbors couldn’t complain, because they
    were all in the house!
    Theo, perhaps we should be singing one of the signature songs from Broadway from “Peter
    Pan”…you know it….”I won’t grow up, I don’t wanna go the school, I don’t want to be a parrot, and
    recite a silly rule”. If your daughter’s calculations are correct, I’m age 8 1/2!

• posted by Jeggy
    on

Hi. This is day 3 for me. First two were rough – but managed to lose 2.2kg (need to lose 120….). Day 3 – have more energy got full after just 620 cal today…and just don’t want to eat more – is that normal? Do I need to force myself to get up to 800? I hope this doesn’t happen too often. I am sticking with the recipes, drinking 2 litres a day. I live alone, so it is easy to only have the ‘right’ food in the house. This is my first post – still a bit nervous about the whole thing! Praying this will work.

Please log in or register to post a reply.