It should be falling off?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lou Lou
    on

Can anyone please explain as to why, if I am sticking below 800 calories of minimal carb food that if I accidentally have some slightly out of the diet my weight loss stops and weight even goes up instantly? Existing on no carbs and high protein should be enough on its own to ensure continued weight lose.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Do you count the carbs of the foods you eat? Sometimes vegetables can have some nasty carb surprises, and fruits are always tricky. Simply avoiding wheat, rice, grains, cereals, sugars and potatoes may not be sufficient. It wasn’t for me.

As for why carb-high foods can cause immediate weight gain, it’s because carbs retain water more than the other macronutrients. That extra water weight is what you’re seeing reflected on the scales, not fat.

• posted by Lou Lou
    on

Thanks for your reply. I have no grains and I am gluten and lacto intolerant too. Average day is 1 egg and mushrooms. Green salad and ham. Chicken breast wrapped in bacon on kale. The mistake I made one day was a naturnatural peanut bar by Trek. I have been on the diet for a week and no weight or waist measurement change.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well, that’s a bit of a puzzle Lou Lou. Esnecca is right about the carbs hanging on to water and about the veggies and fruits. Are you keeping well enough hydrated? This is essential, as is including fats in your diet, as this helps to kick start the fat burning process. I suggest adding olive oil or a nut oil as a dressing on your salad, or toss your kale in oil. I would recommend avoiding processed foods like the Trek peanut bar and suggest making your own ‘treats’ so you know what’s in them and can keep the carbs low.

Don’t be discouraged, keep weighing and measuring everything you consume and yourself. Double check your carb intake – you’ll probably be surprised how much even just veggies can sneak them up; keep well hydrated; and finally include fats. Hopefully, you will soon be seeing some positive progress.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi lou lou,

Sorry to be so basic, i found that if i didnt have enough water i was slow at… going to the bathroom. 😊

Increase the water… not coffee or sugary drinks.

It also helps you feel full.
    Sometimes i feel hungry and the feeling goes after having a drink.

It sounds so simple.
    What a glass of water can do.

Hope this helps you.

Love lucia

Xxxx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

How many calories and carbs in the peanut bar. Sounds as though it comes from a packet so maybe full of rubbish. You also say, if is sometimes go over…. how often is sometimes. You might have lost something but then put it back on with the bar. I find that if I go over calories a bit with good stuff I stay the same but dont lose.

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Have you checked your BMI? It sounds like you may be building muscle, replacing fat.
    Making muscle can mean you don’t lose weight, but you do lose fat, and you don’t necessarily notice the difference on the tape measure either.
    I have lost 10 lbs, and am ‘trimmer’ but it hasn’t made any difference to my waist measurement yet. I can see the difference in the mirror though, and I’ve had to tighten my watch strap. This has taken three weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.