It begins!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aria
    on

Hi everyone! I’m Aria. I’m 36 years old and way too heavy for my 5’4″ frame.

Between 2012 and the end of 2014 I lost 40kg by quitting take-out, and as of January 2016 I had maintained that weight loss for a year, with a variance of five or so kilos. I had a breast reduction and brachioplasty to remove a huge amount of excess skin on my arms in January 2016. Prior to surgery I weighed 106.6kg; post surgery I weighed 103.3, and have not gained any further weight.

I used to be a gymnast, so am not afraid of my muscles, and I know that I’ll always weigh in heavy for my height because of them – but I’m so unhappy with the excess weight I still carry. I’m tired, have digestive distress, and though all my health tests come back normal (no problems with organ function, thyroid function, or cholesterol), type 2 diabetes is in the family, and my BMI is through the roof. I currently wear Australian ladies clothing in a 16 on the bottom and 12 or 14 on the top, but my BMI says I’m morbidly obese. I firmly believe this is because it ignores my muscle mass. That aside, I am still overweight. A lot overweight. I’m hoping to say goodbye to 30kgs or so.

I started the BSD two days ago, but only just now joined the forums. I’ve already lost a kilo…

TL;DR? 8/800 come at me! Healthy choices, controlled calories, new lease on life – bring it on!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Aria.

I have also started today. So far so good, I plan to loose 7st 1 lb, so I’m in it for the long haul. I am planning on using the site to keep me inspired, we can all do it together. Just wish I had discovered this way of eating years ago. Look forward to chatting here.

• posted by Aria
    on

Hi, Janet! I hope it’s going well for you so far. I can’t think in stones so I had to google – that’s a solid goal, and I hope we can all help you achieve it! So far I haven’t experienced the easing of hunger pains. I am still hungry. I hope this sorts itself out soon.

• posted by Aria
    on

Today’s weight – 100.3kg

OK, so I’m two weeks in! Aside from some mad chocolate cravings this week due to menstruation (which I managed to contain with a very small amount of plain, salted dark chocolate), I think I’ve stuck pretty well to the diet. I’m having a great time discovering all this amazing food, and while I thought I would go mental with hunger in week one, it settled down in week two. My weight loss is not as dramatic as others I’ve seen, so I’m wondering if that’s bloating. In any case, I’m going to stick it out for the eight weeks and see where I’m at.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Aria.
    I thought your weight loss was great that calculates to almost 14 lbs, so very good for two weeks, I have lost 15lbs in two weeks, haven’t been hungry and no side effects, except today as I went 14 hrs without eating, so was getting a bit shaky and when I did eat, which was the luscious, mushroom salmon egg be hazel sauce recipe, I felt very wh oozy for about 30 mins. But I’m feeling great, so much energy, and all my serious S.L.E. Symptoms melting away, hopefully I have reversed that prelim diagnosis.
    I’m counting carbs and cals, I find the recipes counts in the book to unreliable for my liking. I find precision gives me faith in this way of eating. How about you.
    ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

Please log in or register to post a reply.