Is your "serving" the same as mine?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

My idea of a “serving” is 2 tablespoons.
    My tea tonight is slow cooked stewing beef and veg of which the recommended portion for 360cals is a “serving”. Am I being greedy in my estimation? I can’t seem to find the equivalent quantity for a “serving” anywhere.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m very basic about this.
    I don’t have anywhere near the appetite I used to have and I don’t eat large meals now, so I consider a serving to be the amount I can comfortably eat.
    I have to stress that I don’t eat breakfast so I have those extra calories to play with over the other 2 meals but I’m fairly sure that some days I don’t get near 800 cals.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Thanks Bill, I’m surprised how full I feel after today’s breakfast (yoghurt/blueberries again). I was very hungry last night around tea time but surprisingly by bed time that feeling had gone. Hopefully day 2 will be better as my appetite lessens. (FBS today down to 9.5….whoop!)

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Good start Leeanne
    you will find that it gets easier as you get into it.
    Remember to drink lots of fluid and keep the fat intake up to help with any short term side effects you may have.
    Want to see those blood sugar readings below 7 soon, you CAN do it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.