Is this for me? Should I pay? Please read & reply

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gems84
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve been dabbling with this the past few weeks & then given it my all over the past 7 days but I must be doing something wrong as I’ve not lost any weight!

Here’s a few things going through my head:
    1) is it for me? Can’t work for everyone right? I only need to lose a stone. I’m not diabetic but I have a positive family history & store fat on my tummy so need to address
    2) weight watchers has worked in the past, do I just go back to it?
    3) I’m fed up of meal planning, is it worth paying? Worth noting I’m veggie who doesn’t like eggs.

Thank you

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Gems
    The big breakthrough is changing your way of thinking about food, as I’m sure you’ve understood from reading the book.
    How have you managed with the detoxing from refined carbs? That’s generally the hardest part. What have you chosen as your starting point for unrefined carbs? A low carb diet is around 50g per day; I appreciate that’s harder as a veggie, but there are very successful veggies posting here and plenty of resources here and across the internet for recipes.
    Are you eating enough fat – that is necessary to prevent hunger. Are you drinking enough water, that is an essential part of this way of eating.
    And are you restricting your meals to 3 a day, measuring everything, no snacking, no milk in teas and coffees (though I find almond milk is fine).
    As to whether WW would be a better choice, only you can decide. If it hasn’t been a long-term solution then why not give this a go? Let us help you find out what is going wrong and like so many people you’ll discover a new and healthy way to live your life.
    Maggie

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi gems84. Think of this like WW but without the carbs. Instead of counting points you are counting carbs. As you dont have much to lose dont worry about counting calories as, if you keep away from bread, rice, pasta, potatoes etc your calories will come down automatically. You say you are fed up of meal planning, surely you have to plan with WW. Have you got the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet book, there are weekly menus in the back of that which save you having to think about it. Although you might have to tweak if something is not to your taste or not available.

You say you must be doing something wrong and, if you havent lost any weight then I have to agree with you. Give us an idea of a days food and maybe we can help further – the real version of what you did eat, not what you think you should have eaten. I have been doing this plan for 2 years now and I was making some serious mistakes in the last couple of weeks until I took a good look at exactly what I was eating and I was underestimating my snacks.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi gems84,
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been making the most of the dry weather to catch up with a number of outdoor chores. – As a fellow veggie who started on this journey back in October 2017 and is down over 6 stone so far there is a couple of supplements I would recommend you research taking.
    L-carnitine, which is essential in the process of burning fat for energy, the main source is meat and the next top 8 sources in our diet are off the table on a low carb diet. – I noticed a change in my pattern of shape change, and ability to buy fat for energy as soon as I started to take it.
    Personally I eat eggs, so I don’t need to take a supplement but there is a trace element in them that is apparently particularly important. – I posted a link to an article on this topic about a week ago on the Take a Look at this thread.

• posted by Squidge
    on

If weightwatchers had worked you wouldn’t need to go back to it as you’d now be at your target weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.