Is Splenda acceptable on this diet?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aparna
    on

I have 1 large mug of coffee every evening with Splenda. I have lost more than 3kgs in the first week but have stagnated thereafter. I am wondering if I need to cut the Splenda out. Please advise.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Aparna,
    I doubt that using Splenda in your 1 mug of coffee is having a major effect. If you lost a goodly amount of weight in your first week and then not since (you don’t mention how long in total you’ve been trying), it sounds like you are going through what most people have experienced, i.e. impressive start followed by less impressive results – this is just your body readjusting to your new way of eating. If you are following the principles of the BSD then your body will start co-operating again & weight loss will resume. Think it mentions in the book to try and eliminate sweeteners as well as sugar so if you can wean yourself off Splenda it could help overall – it takes a while (I still have a little smidge of Truvia sweetener in my coffee/tea, I can’t quite do without). Have a look at everything else you are consuming & see if there’s anything you could adjust – maybe reduce carb intake a tad.
    BSD is very flexible so tweak things a little and I’m sure you will see the weight coming off again. Good luck.

• posted by Aparna
    on

Many thanks for your kind and encouraging reply, RozyDozy.
    I have completed 3 weeks on the diet today. In the first week I lost 3kgsin the last 2 weeks I lost another 1kg, so it is okay, I suppose.
    I am not having any carbohydrates apart from that in vegetables and fruits, and I am restricting myself to less than 800 kcal’s daily. I am confident that my blood sugar will improve greatly and I am praying that it is reversed 🙂
    Thank you once again!

Please log in or register to post a reply.