is it normal to feel a bit rough after a fast?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi,

I did my first 24 hour fast yesterday. I felt fine all day, apart from a bit of hunger but that’s to be expected i guess. This morning I’m feeling really tired and a bit dizzy and sick. I didn’t sleep particularly well due to lots of trips to the loo. Maybe I’m coming down with something or this normal?

On the plus side i lost 1.5kg, which must be the result of those nighttime visits.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Skipping I didn’t have that but I did feel like I didn’t want to eat at first, that soon ended though🤣. I hope you aren’t coming down with something hun💞🦜

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Thanks Birdy, I think i was just tired and hungry. I don’t normally have breakfast but after eating some greek yoghurt and a few blueberries I’m feeling better. I might give it another go tomorrow but need to be in the mood for it to work.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I know what you mean. I am looking forward to receiving my Dr Fung book on fasting, because since I did the 33 hr one I don’t seem to be able to my head round it. My O/H is away this weekend so I am going to try when I come off of my night shifts 💞🦜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’ve felt run down during fasts on occasion, especially when I’ve been doing muscle-focused workouts instead of just walking or swimming. I don’t think I have after 24 hours, just during longer ones. I have gotten dizzy spells, but I like those. 😀

Dr. Fung puts it very plainly: if you feel bad during a fast, eat. That’s what you did, so well done.

Please log in or register to post a reply.