Is coconut oil and coconut bad?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Purple Minion
    on

Is there any reason why one should or shouldn’t use coconut oil for cooking or desiccated coconut?

• posted by Izzy
    on

you can use it, just in smaller amounts to keep your calories lower, coconut flour can be useful too.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

As Izzy says, nuts are useful because they are good for fat (not a villain as we have always been told) and protein. But they are high in calories and you can eat handfuls of mixed nuts if you’re not careful.

Have you got an app like MyFitnessPal and then you can check what the nutrition is of what you’re eating?

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

I eat one tablespoon in morning with my hot lemon water. Then I eat one at night before dinner. Then I take a 20 minute run or walk and I do the Mouth Cleaning:

One mouthful of water and a tablespoon of coconut oil. And let it melt in mouth and do not swallow. For 20 minutes run and walk, I swish that liquid all over my mouth. My gums are pink as a Mary Kay Cadillac! Then spit it out on the lawn.

I do that everyday!

It also gets rid of the bacteria in the mouth. And YES!!!!! One needs to floss. Big debate in US now!

PrincetonianStud

Please log in or register to post a reply.