Insulin resistance

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Entwhistle
    on

Is it possible to reverse Insulin Resistance on the BSD? After 8 weeks on the diet my blood sugar is normal and I’ve lost 8kg. I’m worried that as soon as I reintroduce some carbs back into my meals the weight and blood sugar will go up again.

• posted by Edwinab
    on

Hi
    Firstly. Congratulations
    I am only a fellow sufferer.
    I would us this as an exclusion diet.
    Gradually add back what you fancy. Test your b.s. After an hour and two hours. If OK then you might be able to tolerate that food. We are all different. Some people seem to reverse T2D and off they go on new healthy lifestyle with no probs. I have to be careful. BSDiet for me plus intermittent fasting. Root veg and pulses still cause rise in bs. I now have great GP who does full blood tests every three months. So although my td2 is reversed I keep up all the checks.
    Any more info check out info on dietdoctor.com and Jason fung as well as this excellent sites.

• posted by Entwhistle
    on

Thank you, good advice.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I plan to stick to less carbs once I’m done. I think I might always need to moderate them if I want to stay healthy.

I think for some it is reversible, but I don’t think there is enough research evidence yet to assume anything.

Please log in or register to post a reply.