Instant success

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by oldbat
    on

Read the book, started the diet, promptly lost 3lb , felt better, got back into all my trousers (which are now too long, but no matter). Much to my surprise, no problems with hunger or cravings in the two weeks I have been on the diet, but this might change. Delighted that, at last, I have found a regime that incorporates all the foods I like (such as cheese, fish, olive oil, vegetables) AND sensibly shows what suitable portions should look like. I’ve always struggled with portion size. How do other people deal with attacks of the munchies while watching TV? I know this is just habit and not hunger but I find it hard to control. I know what you’ll say: switch off the TV.

I’m not diabetic but I do urgently need to lose weight. Aquafit, swimming, gardening and walking (bunions permitting) has toned up muscles but not affected weight. I’m 75 and I know that drastic weight loss will make me look much older and wrinklier. But vanity will have to go out of the window to be replaced by vitality. My goal is to lose 2 stones (28 lb/13 kilos) initially. which will bring me down to 10 stones. Still far too fat for my frame but we’ll see how we go.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

You are 75 years YOUNG! Never too late for a change! A song comes to mind when you are looking at the young man in the mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps

Oh Brother! I am so stuck in the 80’s! 35 and I am the Kool Aid Guy for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6xvvGPHRY

But, I look like Mr. Peanut when I wear my tophat though! I look like Kool Aid at 310 pounds. About time I started too. Starting my 5th week on Wednesday!

Good luck and 4 words of wisdom:

Live Long And Prosper!

PrincetonianStud

Please log in or register to post a reply.