in 4th week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by saloh
    on

hey,

Im in 4th week, been doing a mix of bsd, intermittent 16:8 and concentrating on keeping in ketosis, its my second time round having completed BSD a couple of years ago before putting a lot of the weight back on. I’m not weighing myself, but going by clothes fitting as I found this a better judgement last time, fasting totally fine, once sugar /carb cravings gone after 1st week. I find it interesting how much carb eating is linked to emotional state of mind. Ive lost weight again, in comparison to last time very similar, lost weight , skin clearer etc. So been fine so far but this week ive noticed a fog in the mind, a bit of a headache, like im missing something. I hydrate with water, herbal teas etc. I focus on fish / chicken / leaves / green above ground veg, nuts – almonds mainly, greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, butter, olive oil. Ive found MCT oil helps in the mornings but often forget to take it. I am focusing on my BMI was 34 at start, I want to essentially lose another 15kgs to get into the healthy bracket. Exercise, I’m I guess fat fit, generally swimming but not last week, hard week with work, dog walking, so that’s it. I wonder if im suffering from the lack of self reward , its linked to relaxing I suppose, anyone found this?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    What you are describing matches with a sodium deficiency. When we go low carb our bodies release water and with that you lose salt. – I have found that taking a pinch of salt throughout the day causes the fog to clear.

• posted by saloh
    on

ah, hadn’t thought of that, that makes sense, now you mention it, it makes the craving make sense it didn’t feel like a sugar craving.

thank you for your response.

Please log in or register to post a reply.