I will get to my goal weight!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Andy1972
    on

I started my diet on the 1st of October weighing in at 10stone & 8 pounds. I would like to be 8 stone (I am only 4ft 11.5). Today I weigh 9stone & 10 pounds, without knowing it existed I have been dieting similar to this one! Came a cross this forum accidentally & for once I have joined & have posted! Anyway today I am joining the local gym which is also a first. I would like to be 8stone 7pounds by the 15th of December. Hopefully writing here will keep me highly motivated.

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Stuck to my calories yesterday & low carbs. Burnt 500 calories at the gym. Weight today 9stone 9pounds. Need to be 8stone 7pounds by the 15th of December. 1 day down 40 days to go.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

First of all well done on the loss so far. Can I ask what is so special about 15th December, it is not the end of the 8 week plan so have you a special occasion (besides Christmas). Why do you have to be 8st 7lbs. You have lost just under 1 stone in the 5 weeks so far but dont be disappointed if things slow down. As you have less to lose the more your body will want to hang on to it. Also there is a period known as the plateau when you might (might but not always) lose nothing for days or a couple of weeks. I dont want to put you off trying to reach your goal but it is too easy to pack it all in when you dont do what you set for yourself. You have to keep at it no matter what. The gym is great and will help tone and strengthen and more muscle mass leads to more calories being burnt as muscle is more fat burning than fat.

Keep up the good work.

• posted by Andy1972
    on

It’s my works do on the 15th & at last year’s works do I was fat & miserable. I wore something that covered me rather than something I liked. Thank you for your comment it wasn’t until I read it that I realised how much I have lost since the beginning of October. 8st 7lb is probably unrealistic but if I tell myself 8st 7lb I’m hoping my motivation will stay with me & help me achieve the best result. hope you have a great day sunshine-girl.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

You know what they say Andy, if you reach for the moon and dont make it you will still be among the stars. Something like that,.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Andy – I totally empathise with you! You’re pretty much half way there already and still have 6 weeks to go so I am routing for you!

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Thank you KazzUk

• posted by Andy1972
    on

That’s how I feel thank you sunshine girl

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Andy – my tip would be to set yourself a mini-goal to help keep you focused and to give you a sense of achievement once you hit it. It can be more motivating to have a smaller goal to achieve, especially on days when things aren’t going so well. As sunshine-girl says, weight loss is not necessarily linear, so don’t get disheartened if there are blips along the way, with weigh loss stalling or even a small gain occasionally. You have done brilliantly so far and I’m sure if you stay focused you will be able to lose a whole lot more before 15th Dec – best of luck to you!

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Thank you SunnyVale your post has encouraged me more x

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Don’t know why it says SunnyVale typed sunnyb & autotype changed it.sorry x

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Weighed in this week 9stone 7lbs (nearly 9st 6 but the scale jumped up at the last moment)one stone to go till 8stone 7 & only 33days to do it. Onwards & downwards

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Two pounds down then Andy, excellent news! Stick with it and I’m sure you will be reporting more positive results in those 33 days. Keep going!!

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Thank you sunny B x

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Haven’t posted for a while I’m now at 9st 2lbs & it’s getting harder to lose the pounds only 18 days to go will not be 8st 7lb by then. But on a good note another 2 pounds off & I will no longer classed as overweight. Whoppee!!!! Hope everyone’s journey is doing well xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Andy,
    That would be a great result wouldn’t it – to be classed in the healthy weight range. Hopefully, that’ll be one of my first goals in 2018. I noticed that we’ve just both joined the December challenge so I’ll look forward to cheering you on from the sidelines when you lose those 2lbs – and hopefully more!

By the way, brilliant weight loss to date – congratulations.

Marie x

• posted by Andy1972
    on

Thank you marie I will look out for you in the December challenge x

Please log in or register to post a reply.