I just started yesterday.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarahwithanh
    on

I just started yesterday and this is a significant step for me as I got carried away with intuitive eating and now weigh 13 stone at 5 foot four. I am fortunate not to have any blood sugar issues but I’m very keen to achieve rapid weight loss to get me going. Are there many people on the BSD without diabetes?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh YES, Sarah! This forum has changed a lot over the years, and today the far greater population of us are here
    to lose weight, or maintain the losses. Please join any thread that speaks to you, and you will be made very
    welcome! One Week at a Time and Awesome Attentive August, are sister threads where there is a lot of activity,
    and a good place to meet members who are all at different stages, so there is a lot of knowledge and experience
    to be shared. Happy to have you onboard! 🙂

• posted by benji875
    on

Hey, I’m also new and will start next week! Before then I’m gonna browse the forum a bit to get inspiration and maybe some advice 😉
    I also don’t have diabetes, but I want to change for a healthier lifestyle.

Looking forward to sharing my experience with the rest of you all!

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Welcome @benji875 and Sarah! Well done for making the first step in changing to a healthier lifestyle.
    It’s always the hardest!
    I have made that step 8 weeks ago and I’m already 26lbs lighter and many inches off my waist. I feel so full of energy and much happier within myself.
    I also have no medical condition, no (pre)diabetes or insulin resistance, very lucky in that sense! Doing it purely for losing weight and getting ride of that dangerous fat around main organs.
    Are you going the fast 800, the 5:2, the méditerranéen style diet or something else?
    Chat soon

• posted by MenoMinnie
    on

Hi Sarah, how’s it going?
    I am starting tomorrow 😬
    No diabetes but increasing abdominal girth.
    Very interested to hear your progress.

• posted by Sarahwithanh
    on

Hi MenoMinnie
    Thanks for asking! Thinking encouraging thoughts for you! Well I am 7 1/2 pounds down which I am pleased with but conscious that it could be more had I not already gone off piste. Life and alcohol get in the way! So today is a return to my initial eating well. As diabetes is not an issue for me I would be interested to know what people think about the fast 800. Would this allow me to eat pulses which I love?

• posted by MenoMinnie
    on

That’s fantastic. Well done, you.
    First day today.
    All I can think of is potato 🥔
    What’s the fast 800?

Please log in or register to post a reply.