I have never counted calories.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am preping myself to get this right. At the ready is a notebook, dusted down scales and a pen. Where will I find the list of foods calorie content? I am going to start counting on the 1st June 2016. I am already losing weight by ditching the carbs.

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Sandie

I use My Fitness Pal – free – on my laptop, many here use apps on their phones. MFP is great as you can play around with possible foods you might eat on a day, before you actually eat them – you can check balance of carbs/cals/protein are ok, and alter if needed.

I also spend some time making a recipe, weighing everything, noting it all down including number of portions etc, and entering it under My Foods on MFP. Time consuming when you first do it, but very handy after. I even do this with my breakfast Greek Yogurt, chopped nuts, seeds, chia seeds, flax and berry fruits.

Some people on here count calories, but most importantly most keep the carbs at a max of 50 to 60. Some just count carbs, and some only have 20/30 carbs per day. You’ve already cut down on your carbs which is a great idea to do it gradually. Not such a shock to the system. You will gradually find what’s best for you. The most important thing is you ave chosen to start this new way of life.

Good luck, you’ll get lots of support here x

Please log in or register to post a reply.