I can't stop thinking about food.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by webbj54
    on

Am on day 2 after a wobbly day 1.
    Too many calories yesterday, so have seriously cut back today. Have had two small cottage cheese meals for breakfast and lunch,(One with blueberries , one with salad.)
    Sadly, I have been reading luxury restaurant menus on my iPad…….dreaming of dauphinois potatoes, risotto, bread and butter pudding…help!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You need to make sure you have enough fat in your diet as that fills you up. A full fat yoghurt? Some cheese? Proper cheese not cottage (hope the cottage cheese was full fat?)

I have a slice of Leerdammer cheese wrapped round some chicory and it’s filling and delicious. Or wrapped round some smoked salmon- delicious. Any cheese works – fat, protein but no carbs.

But you may find that today is one of your first days, and once you are into the BSD I promise the hunger pangs fade – so long as you keep up the fat (and drinking water, flavoured with cucumber or lemon if you like)

Hope that helps. Also try getting up and doing something – a walk?

• posted by Izzy
    on

put the ipad down! or at least stop looking at food menus! A walk as suggested above is a good idea, as is a herbal tea (which I am always drinking)

If you want to stay looking at your ipad then look at something else. Start looking for new ideas of what you can plan to eat, there are lots of good recipes on this site, and a web search for low carb recipes will find you a big list that could take over your life (hi, I’m Izzy… I’m addicted to recipe surfing online) OR another thing I sometimes do is browse clothes and make myself a wishlist of things I might want to buy when I’ve lost my weight.

The hunger does fade, but I agree again with Igora that you need to make sure it isn’t low fat you are eating. If you think you are about to crack definitely a piece of cheese or a couple of nuts. Even a boiled egg might be good.

I often have food on my mind now but it isn’t in that ‘so hungry could eat a horse kind of way’ it’s just dreaming up new things to try and looking forward to the meals I have planned in. I’m interested and excited by the food rather than possessed by it? Hope that makes sense and you get past the hunger pangs.

• posted by webbj54
    on

Right. Ok…have sorted myself out some hot water and lemon. Thank you.x

• posted by webbj54
    on

Thank you, Izzy, I will put the iPad down.x.
    Also, have just streamed a movie..10, Cloverfield Lane.. So that should keep me quiet for bit.
    I know I sound nuts, but I am actually quite (!) sensible about anything except carbs.grrr. Recipe hunting also sounds like a good idea. Cheers from Janet.

• posted by Izzy
    on

You are not alone here I promise you, we are all realising that carb addiction is a real thing. The good news is this way of eating really does help to break the spell!

Keep at it, you will soon be on your way and feeling more at ease with it all ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Leeanne
    on

You’re definitely not alone!! I’m on week 11 and still have days when the craving is horrendous but it does get better and I can resist mainly ( bad day yesterday!). I love food shopping and feeding my family – in fact I’ve become a bit of a feeder!! Lol!

• posted by webbj54
    on

I have just had three walnuts, am smashing it leeanne and Izzy.x

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yay! You can do it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Walnuts are a favourite of mine.

• posted by webbj54
    on

๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ DAY 3 and 2 pounds lost ! Am now raring to go and forget those carbs

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

That’s great! I hadn’t lost anything after 3 days so gave up on mid week weigh ins lol my first 1 week weigh in is tomorrow morning….

• posted by Frog
    on

I had that Rachel, its my first week too.
    I lost a lot in the first two days, the put (a teeny) bit on again and today, day 6, I’m back to my weight at the start of day 3.
    Hopefully it will stay in a downwards trajectory from now on!
    I think its quite normal for your body and digestive system to adjust to a new way of eating, good luck for your weigh in tomorrow, hope it goes well.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Izzy and Leeanne, I always thought walnuts were really bitter and nasty, but I tried them again recently after many years, as part of a mixed nuts pack, and they were rather nice! I suppose my tastes have changed. So the lesson is, try things even if you’ve tried them before!

• posted by webbj54
    on

Something fishy going on.
    I have had three portions of grilled fish today, purely because it tasted amazing. I even had fish for breakfast with some grilled tomatoes basted with some good olive oil! I haven’t felt tired or hungry today and the protein is really satisfying, so all good. It was a lot easier today, as I was back at work after weekend. I swerved the staff room iced fairy cakes, brought in by a colleague whose birthday it was, and felt totally in control. Maybe I am being a bit too smug today, as I can see from the forum posts that some days are a lot tougher than others. I will try to curb my exhuberance until I have lost 5 pounds – that will be a real milestone for me.x

• posted by Izzy
    on

be smug! it’s ok, and you will lose 5 lbs very soon I’m sure ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by webbj54
    on

Thanks Izzy. This forum is so good- highly motivational knowing that there is always someone there for or me.Janet.x

Please log in or register to post a reply.