Husbands Blood sugar still high

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

Hi all so into week 10 still around 800 cal keeping carbs below 50 and only eating good food nothing refined, he is also doing 20/30 mins on the treadmill everyday but the blood sugar is still around 8/9 before diner he has given up taking morning readings as get depressed when they are high, have booked in hab1c next week on holiday for 3 weeks so will get results when back. Does anybody still get these readings so far into the diet would there still be fat around ??? over 2 stone lost in weight any ideas ?? no medication being taken either bp tabs or sugar tabs the bp is around 110/70 just this bloody sugar thing

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Perhaps his carbs need to come down further? Some people cope with higher levels than others, while some need really low levels.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

How low can you go with not getting your carbs, we do building works so physical most of the day so need something to burn don’t we ??

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’m probably around 25, and others around on here go similarly low. It was the only way to get my blood sugars down, I just had to experiment and test.

If your husband isn’t happy with his blood sugar levels, I’d suggest that he reduces carbs to a level where he is happy and blood sugars are dropping – we all have different points for that.

Others on here have found keeping the protein and fat levels high keep them going through the day without the need for the carbs. We’ve been told we need carbs for far too many years and it’s hard to cut them out, but so many people are now discovering that we can live our normal everyday lives without them (or low levels) while dropping our blood sugar levels and getting healthier.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just to let you know that carbs are not necessarily required for energy. The body will get its energy from the fat cells.

So you can certainly try lowering the carbs. OH and I operated well on 20g of carbs per day.

Worth a try?

• posted by Trev
    on

It might be the balance of protein and fat in the diet. Excess protein can stimulate blood sugar levels in some people. Maintaining less than 20gm of Carbs, whilst keeping protein at or only just above the 50gm minimum recommended in the BSD book (if I read it right) whilst increasing fat intake to provide the balance of calories and energy requirements might get the blood sugar response you are looking for.

Hope this helps

Please log in or register to post a reply.