Hungry!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JuisJuis
    on

I am new to this (though I have low carbed before) – only on Day 2 but am starving! I am mid-40’s, about 30kg overweight, not diabetic or prediabetic but am strongly predisposed (both parents type2). Found starting this much harder than low carbing without calorie counting. Super hungry, especially early evening. Anyone else start like this? When, if at all, does it get easier? Today: Breakfast – coffee and splash of cream (usual breakfast :-/), Lunch: Tuna and apple with chilli pepper, Dinner: Half a stuffed jewelled pepper with a chicken thigh, Snacks: a generous tablespoon of mixed cashews and goji berries, small piece of jarlsberg cheese. Water, tea and green tea. Don’t think I will manage to keep this up if the hunger doesn’t subside – may switch to an new-atkins style approach instead.

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

Hello JuisJuis, welcome 😊
    I get really hungry sometimes and it gets me down. But you have to push through the difficult barrier for the first week or so and it does get better.
    How much water have you had? Often key for me when I am hungry is to swish back more water. I probably have 3 ltrs a day on top of tea and coffee.
    Also when you are super hungry it is a good idea to have a tiny bit of fat or a teaspoon of something like peanut butter.
    Looking at what you’ve eaten, it did spring to mind I wonder how many grams of carbs have you had? An apple is about 17 (I think) and I’m not sure on cashews but I know the ones we buy do seem surprisingly carby- more so than salted peanuts for instance. The lower the carb the less hungry I usually get
    But I’m sure others will be along with their tips and experience. I’m looking forward to the Californiagirl style maintenance 😁she eats lots more calories and keeps the carbs really low.
    All the best, I’m sure you can do this. xx

• posted by JuisJuis
    on

Thank you for the encouragement! Yes, the apple, pomegranate seeds, gojis and cashews might be too many carbs. I will reduce these and up the protein & fat tomorrow….

Please log in or register to post a reply.