Hunger week 6

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Franann
    on

Hi

I’m at the end of my 6th week of fast 800, in the last 6 weeks my daily calories have not exceeded 850 a day and I’ve managed to keep net carbs to about 30-40g per day.
    So far I’ve been really pleased with weight loss of
    Week 1 : 7lb
    Week 2: 5lb
    Week 3: 2lb
    Week 4: 4lb
    Week 5: 3lb
    Week 6: 2lb (today, still a day to go)

I’ve lost 25lb in 6 weeks and am hoping to hit 2st by the end of 8 weeks. I’ll then only have 1st to target so will carry on with fast 800 for a while longer and switch to 5:2 in the future for maintenance.
    Apart from sugar cravings the first week I have found it surprisingly easy, I think the large losses the first two weeks kept me motivated.
    The last two days I have been really hungry and have had to stop myself from reaching for chocolate and bread. Ian still in Ketosis and haven’t succumbed to my cravings. I am determined not to fall back in to old habits, I have yo-yo dieted for years and have always binge ate in secret.
    Has anyone else hit a low point like this? I am pushing through it but slightly disappointed that after weeks of finding this way of eating easy I am now struggling

Thanks
    F x

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Good good work Franann!! You have been very dedicated and your results show it!
    Sometimes, if I feel like eating something “non-BSD friendly” and I don’t think I really just NEED a few extra calories (which I sometimes did really need while I was on the 800 — I’m in maintenance now) — I would watch a podcast by Dr. Bikman about insulin control and it would help me “reset” my brain and keep me focused.
    You can google him and find plenty of free podcasts (usually about 30-50 minutes) and start listening. Also some links in the Take A Look At This thread on the forum.
    The research never fails to remind me of how important this way of eating is for BOTH our body AND our brain and keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    Also, then if you DO decide to have a few extra calories (because you can decide to do that if you think you need it today) you will choose BSD-friendly choices!

• posted by Franann
    on

Thank you Californiagirl, I will look up Dr.Bikman. I’ve had a coffee and am going to walk our dog with my husband now so I’m sure these feelings will pass. Thank you again for your advice I will definitely take it on board x

Please log in or register to post a reply.